• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks [SPOILERS]

Kyzer

Banned
Was gonna go all three because I couldnt choose but if those are the final evos I will gladly replace litten

It's sad. I got my first pet, a kitten, this year. It was meant to be...

Litten

You were the chosen one.gif

Kid Heart

Do we really need another fire fighting type? I mean, really? I think at this point were good for like four or five generations before another fire fighting starter to be honest. Rowlet's evolution sounds pretty cool at least.

Neiteio

I seriously like all of the starter evos equally.

If I had a gun to my head and had to choose, I'd probably say Litten. Its final design just has so much personality.

I find Popplio's evo to be refreshing. Almost ethereal in its beauty. Picture it singing in the middle of a lake under a full moon, surrounded by millions of bubbles.

And the Rowlet evo has great design, too. The hood, the goggles, the quill-arrows. So cool!

GoldStarz

I disliked all of those starter designs, really hope this is fake. A lot of it sounds kinda suspect so that's kinda nice.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I gotta agree, I legitimately like the entire set this time around after Gen V and Gen VI had two of the worst Starters ever
in Serperior and Delphox

Kyzer

Banned
Even if real I doubt it will be fighting type. Ohmori has a way of making practical additions as we've seen so far

Ravidrath

I'd be surprised if they made a starter evolution that completely feminine.

Sure we have the occasional Gardevoirs and Milotics that look like they should only be one gender, but never before in a starter... I guess with the possible exception of Delphox.

Neiteio

Marshadow is probably eclipse-themed, and the Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem/Zygarde equivalent to Solgaleo and Lunaala

So maybe he's part Psychic-type, and... something else.

A triple-type Pokemon would be amazing, and strangely apt given an eclipse theme (which naturally involves three elements: the earth, the sun, and the moon)

ffdgh

I gotta agree, I legitimately like the entire set this time around after Gen V and Gen VI had two of the worst Starters ever
in Serperior and Delphox

Hey serperior was the best starter in gen 5...aesthetically. Still Coil leaf blade did it's job lol.

Kyzer

Banned
Marshadow is probably eclipse-themed, and the Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem/Zygarde equivalent to Solgaleo and Lunaala

So maybe he's part Psychic-type, and... something else.

A triple-type Pokemon would be amazing, and strangely apt given an eclipse theme (which naturally involves three elements: the earth, the sun, and the moon)

Psychic/Ground?

Edit:

Nvm there's already baltoy

upandaway

I don't want this at all, it would be the third time in a row that they'd pull the bait and switch with a four legged fire starter evolving to a two legged (not even talking about the possible fighting type). We don't deserve this much torture

Hey serperior was the best starter in gen 5...aesthetically.
mWbU6Ww.png

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
I'll say it's a bit dubious the final evos don't share a common theme (at least one I can see), as since gen 5 we've been getting themed starters.
That and Rowlet's bow tied gentleman like appearance turning into a hooded archer is an odd evolution choice.
Plus there's the ground and fighting type icons found on that website that don't seem to have a place here.
And if riding Pokemon was a possibility, you'd think they take advantage of this with the starters most of all. I can't see Rowlet's and Popplio's evo running around on all fours on land.

Then again, Pokemon have done weirder things.

Neiteio

I like how Rowlet's evo can use the drawstrings on its hoodie to draw its hood shut, and as the bowstring for its wing to fire arrows.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member

It's a great design but kind of an awful final design for that line. They started going Ninja Otter and then the final form is Samurai Sea Lion, it's just jarring. Samurott is so conflicting for me, I love the design but I wish it were a standalone pokemon or a legendary or something. And as has been said a ton already, it should've been Water/Fighting.

KeasbyKnight said:
I'll say it's a bit dubious the final evos don't share a common theme (at least one I can see), as since gen 5 we've been getting themed starters.

What was the theme of Gen 5? We had a luchador, a samurai, and a snake.

ffdgh

It's a great design but kind of an awful final design for that line. They started going Ninja Otter and then the final form is Samurai Sea Lion, it's just jarring. Samurott is so conflicting for me, I love the design but I wish it were a standalone pokemon or a legendary or something. And as has been said a ton already, it should've been Water/Fighting.

What was the theme of Gen 5? We had a luchador, a samurai, and a snake.

Royalty themes or something

French for Serperior
Chinese for Emboar
Japanese for Samuwott

Edit: pooplio? Really? >_>

That and Rowlet's bow tied gentleman like appearance turning into a hooded archer is an odd evolution choice.
Plus there's the ground and fighting type icons found on that website that don't seem to have a place here.
And if riding Pokemon was a possibility, you'd think they take advantage of this with the starters most of all. I can't see Rowlet's and Popplio's evo running around on all fours on land.

Then again, Pokemon have done weirder things.
Isn't it kind of a stage show theme? Trick archer, strongman, singer? If that is the final Popplio form, I feel bad for everyone who said Popplio would end up looking not-stupid. Y'all got played.

Delio

Also Litten's evo is spitting poison in peoples face going by that art. Total heel.

Also the only starter evo I dont like is the water mermaid.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Emboar isn't a luchador at all. Sugimori himself said they were designed with a Chinese style and are probably references to the pig character from Journey to the West.

Actually Romance of the Three Kingdoms, I recall Game Freak said this in an interview. Probably Guan Yu given the bright red face and bear.

Neiteio

I've decided which starter I want...

ALL OF THEM.

Seriously, if those evos are real, I want all three on my team.

Azuran

Banned

Oshawott was a samurai too thought... His seashell was basically a katana.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
Actually Romance of the Three Kingdoms, I recall Game Freak said this in an interview. Probably Guan Yu given the bright red face and bear.

Yeah, I just looked up the interview and that's exactly it. Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Guan Yu. Well, huh. That's neat, I had no idea Gen 5's starters were planned out that way. Serperior being based on French royalty is also pretty interesting, and it's kinda funny that it showed up basically a generation too early.

Oshawott was a samurai too thought...

Honestly? It probably is. The shell just always made me think more of a shuriken than a sword, but I think its special attack was shell blade or something like that so that's probably accurate and I'm more than likely wrong. The otter to sea lion comment stands at least, that's absolutely more reminiscent of a sea lion than an otter.

GoldStarz

So many people, so little taste. I fail to see what you like in either of them. Wrestler Cat might grow on me if it's not Fire/Fighting and Rowlet's evo is only kinda eh, but that evo for Popplio deserves all the hate that Popplio got and this is coming from someone who liked it and thought the hate was unwarranted.

Neiteio

At this point, I feel those starter evos are definitely real. They have just the right amount of design elements, and they're nuanced in all the right ways.

Like the symmetry on the Rowlet evo's wings — they bend in the middle, making them like arms, and when bent, each half has four ruffles for eight total when extended. Then you have several at the tip for fingers. It just works.

All of the little details like the vine-like drawstrings closing the hoodie and doubling as the wing's bowstring for the quill-arrows, or the bubbles braiding the Popplio evo's hair and releasing it when it sings like a siren/selkie/mermaid, is just a level of detail you don't ordinarily see in fakes.

They even modeled all of the unique body parts so you know how they look from all different angles. And of course, the most convincing bit of all is the fact they're not what you'd expect, at least in the case of the Popplio evo.

The fact it surprised me is actually what makes it most convincing of all.

Village

Was gonna go all three because I couldnt choose but if those are the final evos I will gladly replace litten

It's sad. I got my first pet, a kitten, this year. It was meant to be...

Litten

You were the chosen one.gif
Yeah he is the chosen one
H3 became a cool fire fighting type

He will have built in ability to shoryuken

Sorry if you wanted some lame shit

Top Bottom