• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Possible Pokemon Sun and Moon Chinese Leaks [SPOILERS]

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
^^^
IIRC it was in response to one of the Tiger Mask dying.

Popplio learning Disarming Voice does make sense if it evolves into a siren.

Yeah, we had those Starter pictures prior E3 so a ton of people were saying that confirmed it when we saw it learned it.

I think one could say it just references how circus seals play horns and might not exactly be indicative of that.

Y'know, I think I just disproved that Synchro GIF...note this doesn't disprove the rest of the leak since it wasn't posted alongside it.

Cotton Spore and Frenzy Plant. No Pokemon can currently learn both of those moves since the latter is limited to Grass Starters and none have Cotton Spore. I guess it could be Rowlet, but it doesn't seem like it'd pick up Cotton Spore looking at its appearance or if that evolution is legit.

EDIT: That being said, you think a faker would've realized that...huh, y'know now I'm second-guessing myself.

if rowlet is becoming an archer/hunter, then cotton spore could be seen as it throwing traps to slow down its prey in order to hunt them

a bit of a stretch but it could easily work depending on its flavor text

Delio

Litten's evolution is great to me. I really liked how he was tossing tables and all that. I'm down for it if true. Only thing that throws me off is the no Gym leaders. I just...dont see Gamefreak moving from that even with island leaders ( cause then what you only have four leaders?).

Neiteio

Oh, neat, I just noticed something

Popplio's siren evo ties its hair with "bubble braids." When it sings and unleashes its full power, you can see the bubbles flying off, and its hair flowing freely.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Eh, not a fan of Popplio's evo at all. :/
Shame because I love the little guy so much. Had potential of knocking Noivern off it's number 1 spot for me but will jump ship to Rowlet if this is true. At least I have my bat bud still.

Neiteio

I think the Popplio evo is supposed to be a selkie. A mythical creature that appears human on land but like a seal in the water. Although it can still have the siren-like qualities.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Anyone know Japanese? There are notes on the concept art — maybe someone can translate them?

Well, they're listed as codenames so no real names in case you're wondering...Fukurou 3, Tora 3, and Ashika 3. So, "Owl", "Tiger", and "Sea Lion".

Delio

I actually really dont mind Fire/Fighting to be honest >_>. Also couldnt he still be Fire/Dark despite being a wrestler? Just give him a Heel type wrestler who uses dirty tricks to win. Bam Fire/Dark.

Dennis

Banned
It is happening.

rockruff.png

sonic.the.hedgehog.fuykrnz.jpg

Ydelnae

Wait, is "there is a fire/poison Pokemon" the only thing that validates this rumor? Because that type combination has been speculated for every gen for years. If they actually predicted a lizard like Fire/Poison pokemon then I would believe it.

Neiteio

Well, they're listed as codenames so no real names in case you're wondering...Fukurou 3, Tora 3, and Ashika 3. So, "Owl", "Tiger", and "Sea Lion".
I'm not interested in the placeholder codenames, I just want to know what the little descriptions say for each of the scenes. I imagine they're explaining the different features of each starter evo. Can someone translate?

Yeah, I'm not exactly sold on Fire Fighting for Litten because it looks like it would evolve into something that is any fire/dark combination, honestly. A bit disappointed.... and I hope the synchro thing is cool because in the anime it was lame. Dolphins are my favourite animals so I'm super stoked to see that there is one coming. I don't think this is fake.

Today a user at Smogon named Cresselia~ posted that Sandalit, who was just revealed yesterday, had first been mentioned in a Chinese leak he had seen a few weeks ago apparently from the Chinese localization team since Sun and Moon is the first Pokemon game to be officially localized in Chinese IIRC. He provided the list to the mods at Smogon and after deliberating was allowed to post it, presumably as the mods felt it was possibly legitimate, and so I thought it wouldn't hurt to summarize it here. If the mods on NeoGAF feel this thread is inappropriate at the moment feel free to close it until more proof arrives.

Needless to say this information will of course contain major spoilers if legit, so turn back now! Here's a link to the thread on Smogon where the information begins to be posted: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/gen-vii-pokémon-sun-and-moon-new-info-post-4193.3549746/page-199, but I'll summarize it too:

* Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio evolve into an archer, a wrestler, and a siren respectively---this matches this interesting "concept art" that has been circulating for awhile now but has yet to be confirmed or discredited.

* In addition to Salandit, there's New Pokemon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman, and some sort of "rugby monkey"---a monkey with a ball, apparently? If legit I imagine one or two of these Pokemon will be officially revealed soon, perhaps in CoroCoro, and if so that will speak to the legitimacy of this leak.

* Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf. The official site mentions Rockruff howling at night prior to evolution in its flavor text and if this list was originally seen before then, not sure though when it first appeared, that's a plus for it.

* Marshadow, a name we saw trademarked alongside the Box Legendaries a few months ago, apparently has a "very unique Typing". I've been speculating that Marshadow could be similar to Victini as a Mythical Pokemon revealed prior to the release of Sun and Moon, and I wonder if the upcoming Volcanion film could reveal him if my theory is correct at the end like what happened with Victini at the end of the final Diamond and Pearl film.

* There are apparently these special areas on the map that are hidden at first known as "districts" (?) where powerful Pokemon known as Overlords reside. Are these Legendaries? Or are they simply unusually powerful normal Pokemon with Hidden Abilities perhaps?

* No Gym Leaders. We've yet to see any real sign of Gyms this time around, and I was wondering about that honestly. Instead it seems the plot of the game involves forming a League and each Island is protected by an Island Leader. I assume the first one is Hala and Tapu Koko, who we've seen in previews, who serve as the Island Leaders of Melemele Island. It seems an actual Elite Four will eventually appear, perhaps in the post-game.

* The diamonds seen in the logo, and in the bracelets the playable characters wear, are collectible and seem to unlock functions somewhat simillar to Mega Evolution but not quite---perhaps this is related to the "Super Move" Pikachu is shown using in a shot posted to the official site. One of these stones apparently will be used to access Ash-Greninja.

* You can ride almost any Pokemon, though what "almost any" includes isn't quite clear. A recent shot posted to the official site shows the player riding a Stoutland, so if this list was posted before that it's another plus in its authenticity.
I want ash greninja so bad.

zelhawks37

If true, im glad I picked Rowlet. Litten possibly being a fire fighting though... If it looks like that concept art, Id be strangely okay with it.

No gyms too? That would be a nice change of pace.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
Please make Litten a Fire/Dark type. If you have to make another wrestler starter, make it a heel. In a vacuum it's an awesome design, literally the only problem is the fact that Fire/Fighting is almost a more common starter pokemon type than pure fire at this point. Seriously, we have 10 pure fires so far, and if Litten's line is fire/fighting and ends up on the same progression as the other three lines then we'll have 8 fire/fightings.

Rowlet line may honestly be my favorite starter line if that final form is real. Seriously, I love that thing, that's basically exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. Either that or something like a super grandiose version of the owl boss from DKCTF.

Popplio line looking pretty excellent too, though there's something hilarious about going from something so repellent (clowns) to something alluring (siren). An ugly duckling story for the ages. Though in fairness to Popplio, I really like it and think it's a great design.

Neiteio

I think that Popplio evo is pretty cool since it's so feminine. We've had lots of masculine-looking starter evos, despite the fact they can be both genders, so it's nice to see the opposite, too.

Delphox and Braixen also fit this, to a degree. Serperior was a bit feminine-looking, as well.

Mr-Joker

Banned
* No Gym Leaders. We've yet to see any real sign of Gyms this time around, and I was wondering about that honestly. Instead it seems the plot of the game involves forming a League and each Island is protected by an Island Leader. I assume the first one is Hala and Tapu Koko, who we've seen in previews, who serve as the Island Leaders of Melemele Island. It seems an actual Elite Four will eventually appear, perhaps in the post-game.

Fuck, I hope that this is fake as going from 8 gym leader to 4 island leader just screams that Game Freak is making more of an effort to make the Pokémon game shorter.

Plus one of the complaints I had about gen 6 was that the gym leader were so bland and getting rid of them isn't fixing the problem.

Wasn't there a gif in another thread showing the synchro diamonds? The description sounds very similar to it.

Found it.

giphy.gif

That's fake.

Esque7

People on smogon are saying he's fire/ground? Terrible typing but better than fire/fighting again.

I like all the finals though, which is pretty rare for me. Also, I wonder if popplio will be female only if it becomes a siren.

Well if those Evos are real I'm going Rowlet over Litten. I was hoping Litten would turn into some sort of lion though I guess Pyroar fills that slot already.

Zelias

Banned
Oh man... if those final evolutions are real, I'm glad I picked Team Popplio. That final evo is one of the best starter designs they'd have done. Owl final evo is also fantastic.

Delio

Fuck, I hope that this is fake as going from 8 gym leader to 4 island leader just screams that Game Freak is making more of an effort to make the Pokémon game shorter.

Plus one of the complaints I had about gen 6 was that the gym leader were so bland and getting rid of them isn't fixing the problem.

That's fake.

Yeah that's kinda my stance. It would feel like the game is becoming way shorter if we just have four island leaders. Im okay with changing up the gym leader idea but to remove them completely feels stupid.

Top Bottom