• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Super Smash Bros Switch images leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread reminds me of when people were claiming Shulk was a badly photoshopped Little Mac lol

OT: Going with fake. People will waste tons of their own time to troll Smash fans.

L Thammy

Why is everyone always so obsessed with Chorus Kids? I can come up with a dozen better representatives of Rhythm Heaven easily.

Because a leak that got most of the other information right included them, if memory serves. Plus, Rhythm Heaven is (one of?) the only series to have enemies in Smash Run without having a playable character, excluding the Dugdug enemies because they're probably supposed to go with Pac-Man (classic Namco). The theory is that Chorus Kids were scrapped late in development.

Giga Man

At the initial reveal, if it's revealed at E3? All I'd expect for sure is Inkling, and maybe Ice Climbers. If there are more characters to be revealed, though? Well...

2Vw0P0i.png

giphy.gif

After Inkling and Ice Climbers, Chorus Kids, Decidueye, Elma, Spring Man, Wolf, and Snake make up my pool of expected characters.

Me want, especially Decidueye. Grass types deserve respect

Also, I just noticed that Wolf flips you off in SSE.

Masked Man

I said wow
At the initial reveal, if it's revealed at E3? All I'd expect for sure is Inkling, and maybe Ice Climbers. If there are more characters to be revealed, though? Well...

2Vw0P0i.png

giphy.gif

After Inkling and Ice Climbers, Chorus Kids, Decidueye, Elma, Spring Man, Wolf, and Snake make up my pool of expected characters.

All I really want are the Chorus Kids at this point, so I would be totally fine with this batch of new characters!

Roo

Isn't the completely redesigned smash level in the first pic difficult to fake? Or is that from the Wii U version

Not at all. Every single material, model and texture from that stage could easily be taken from Paper Mario Color Splash and simply recreate the 3DS stage using 3DSMax, Maya or Blender. It really boils down to how much time you want to spend doing all that.

The worst thing is that, if it weren't for the characters in the pic, it could have passed as a real screenshot but whoever created this fake totally fucked up that aspect.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Because a leak that got most of the other information right included them, if memory serves. Plus, Rhythm Heaven is (one of?) the only series to have enemies in Smash Run without having a playable character, excluding the Dugdug enemies because they're probably supposed to go with Pac-Man (classic Namco). The theory is that Chorus Kids were scrapped late in development.
Also someone found Rhythm Heaven text on the emblem list.

2Vw0P0i.png

giphy.gif

I dont give a fuck about snake or a pokemon (snake is probably never coming back as it was made becuase of Kojima's firendship), but fuck it the image and gif makes me more hyped for smash on switch than what the faker did.
Like, come on, at least add the ice climbers in your fake if you re so good at making them so I can have a little bit of hype.

Sooo did GameXplain had contact with the creator of the images or know actual information about the game...

If it was the former then why being so secretive?

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm sure the faker will claim their glory soon, I'm also sure GAF won't be happy.

Did the NX controller dudes contract some skilled photoshop people this time? Haha

Edit: Oh an actual person people don't like.

Well whoever it is I look forward to the breakdown on how they made the stages. I really liked the texture work.

Might or might not be a person people like.

Did the NX controller dudes contract some skilled photoshop people this time? Haha

Edit: Oh an actual person people don't like.

Well whoever it is I look forward to the breakdown on how they made the stages. I really liked the texture work.

Oh, with that in mind it could be TheBitBlock who's behind this. Hasn't he done modelling mockups for Wii U games?

GameE

Can people stop beading around the bush and just say why it's fake? I mean wtf. Like 3 people in this thread saying it's fake but aren't saying who made it or anything else.

BTA

2Vw0P0i.png

giphy.gif

Oooh, now you have me wanting Elma in Smash and I'm gonna be sad when this doesn't happen.

DNAbro

Can people stop beading around the bush and just say why it's fake? I mean wtf. Like 3 people in this thread saying it's fake but aren't saying who made it or anything else.

Gamxplain said they have proof it's fake apparently. They didn't say why.

Also now that people mention it, I wouldn't be surprised if it was TheBitBlock, but yeah fuck him.

I'm sure people wanted a ground-up Mario Kart. But until a new one is actually ready, no harm in pushing systems with more feature-complete versions of games that were restricted by being on WiiU

You know...Smash 4 is kind of a funny case. It technically wasn't entirely held back by the Wii U. It was also on 3DS.

Tyeforce

Why is everyone always so obsessed with Chorus Kids? I can come up with a dozen better representatives of Rhythm Heaven easily.

We know that a Rhythm Heaven character was very likely in development at one point, and credible leaks claimed that this character was going to be the Chorus Kids. For whatever reason, the character didn't make the cut. I assume Chorus Kids were planned as the Rhythm Heaven character over others (like Karate Joe, for example) because they were pretty much the face of the best selling game in the series, Rhythm Heaven (Rhythm Tengoku Gold in Japan) on Nintendo DS. Additionally, the Chorus Kids' simple design makes them the perfect base to incorporate other characters and objects from various rhythm games from the series, much like how Mr. Game & Watch is an amalgamation of many elements from different Game & Watch games. Their 3-in-1 nature would also provide a clear visual tell for rhythm-based moves, likely with the two background Chorus Kids initiating a move to a beat, setting up for the player to finish the move as the last Chorus Kid with the right timing.

Here are a couple GIFs (not mine) that show off potential move sets:
tumblr_ny1iwdEThv1tagw8xo1_1280.gif

260.gif

Charamiwa

Banned
Oh, with that in mind it could be TheBitBlock who's behind this. Hasn't he done modelling mockups for Wii U games?

Oh yeah that's gotta be it. He has a Make Believe show where he makes "what if" games. Don't know why he would play the fake leaking game though, he could have made a sweet video out of it.

kiuo

I dont give a fuck about snake or a pokemon (snake is probably never coming back as it was made becuase of Kojima's firendship), but fuck it the image and gif makes me more hyped for smash on switch than what the faker did.
Like, come on, at least add the ice climbers in your fake if you re so good at making them so I can have a little bit of hype.

I see what you did there

Oh yeah that's gotta be it. He has a Make Believe show where he makes "what if" games. Don't know why he would play the fake leaking game though, he could have made a sweet video out of it.

Because it's the only way he can gain relevancy. He'll probably make a follow-up video about this for sure, Omni & Rayman leak style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom