• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox Streamer ($99), Xbox TV ($150-$175), Xbox Mini, & Xbox 2017 coming, more

I know people will be disappointed that there won't be an Xbox 'Two' this year, but that is a great thing. It means the Xbox Two could have some seriously good upgrades.

SOR5

Ive said this before, but if Xbox becomes software, then any Windows 10 device can become an Xbox

Xbox *NAME* will be Microsofts dedicated gaming hardware like Surface Pro is their dedicated computing device
Everything else Windows 10 will have access to Xbox Live and games

Mentioned a much closer integration of Xbox/Windows "MS owns the PC gaming platform". I'd imagine this will be MS doubling down on cross platform play, if anything.
He specifically called out Rocket League and said to expect a lot more cross play

They wouldn't just up and change their stance randomly. They must have plans to support the feature a lot

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
By the sounds of it, the two smaller devices are just Xbox-branded, but won't actually play Xbox games yeah? For the lunchbox style one, he was talking about the potential for apps. He also said the Chromecast-style device will cost around $100, possibly less, and the larger device will cost around $150 to $175.

Anyway, my stream died while we was talking about E3 and the Xbox message for games, etc.

Way back in the early part of the current gen rumor cycle, Microsoft was rumored to be making an Xbox TV type device of this nature.

I always suspected it was real and just canned, so I could imagine them actually releasing it now.

Hip Hop

I really don't want this upgraded console to happen.

I do, and I hope both Sony and Microsoft stop having new gens for a while and just upgrade the current consoles in time.

Great for those that wish to upgrade to better fidelity, and for those that are fine with sticking to older hardware while not slashing fanbases/communities and libraries.

New architecture and this rumored performance make it look like more of a "new gen" update compared to PS4K's intermediate hardware update.

Boy, looks like the console makers all go on a different take in terms of console "gens" somehow.

Did I listen to the same podcast as the rest of you?

He said

1) Xbox streaming stick, similar to a Chromecast.
2) Xbox TV similar to a roku/apple TV NOT a XBO slim.
3) Xbox new box, VR enabled, revealed spring 2017, based on new architecture
4) Xbox 1.5, 4k output revealed later this year
5) Xbox interface being worked on as a BPM for PC.

Apart from the Xbox 2 rumour, which he was incredibly flaky on, it sounds utterly disappointing. The XBO on PC is interesting, but honestly was only a matter of time before that happened.

vg260

I know people will be disappointed that there won't be an Xbox 'Two' this year, but that is a great thing. It means the Xbox Two could have some seriously good upgrades.

As long as everything is backward compatible with my Xbox One games and peripherals, I'm good to wait, and will be on board.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I don't think he was saying the 10 TFLOP thing was real, but that the rest of the rumor was based in reality (that there was a new box coming in 2017 with AMD internals and game compatibility kept in mind).

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

He said

1) Xbox streaming stick, similar to a Chromecast
Thanks.

Adding this one to the OP.

Daffy Duck

Xbox 2 as in a new generation? or basically a Xbox 1.5? a PS4K improvement?

Will b einteresting to see how that's marketed.

Also depending on when they announce it, they can pretty much kill the Xbox One off straight away, because NOONE will buy that console.

singhr1

Did the Miracast functionality ever update after initial release, considering its probably part of the Chromecast device?

Only feature I really want added to Xbox One

Asd202

He said

1) Xbox streaming stick, similar to a Chromecast

Hmm so Xbox 1.5 is just slim and the real upgrade will be that Xbox new box in Spring 2017.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Didn't they cease development on that Xbox Mini a year or two ago? Something about that device being confusing to potential buyers. Just checked, was actually two and a half years ago.

Yeah, that's what I'll be waiting to see. I'm not really interested in a slight upgrade over the current X1 I have, might as well use that money for a PS4K.

I don't think he was saying the 10 TFLOP thing was real, but that the rest of the rumor was based in reality (that there was a new box coming in 2017 with AMD internals and game compatibility kept in mind).

Yes, he specially mentioned that he didn't know what kind of power was in the device.

ethomaz

Banned
2017 is too soon for a new generation I guess but I can't blame MS after all Xbox One fiasco they need to try something new... perhaps a boost option like Neo could be a better option.

The Xbox One Slim looks good... the actual is too big for living room.

Xbox Mini is a meh for me.

And Xbox One UI to PC... well I'm not fan of it too.

Top Bottom