• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox Streamer ($99), Xbox TV ($150-$175), Xbox Mini, & Xbox 2017 coming, more

100% convinced, MS let these leak to see reactions and then continue or cancel accordingly.
MS isn't gonna turn tail on a multi-billion dollar investment just because a few console internet warriors get butthurt over their plans.

This thing is bigger than the likes of them. Much bigger.

jeffram

This feels like throwing a bunch of ideas at the wall and hoping something sticks. It will have to be challenging for MS to balance supporting all these platforms.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
This feels like throwing a bunch of ideas at the wall and hoping something sticks. It will have to be challenging for MS to balance supporting all these platforms.

That's the most beautiful part, EVERYTHING runs Windows 10 and UWP apps.

Unlike Apple and Google. Microsoft only has to manage one CORE OS. and others are just stripped out version of that.

They have the best marketing team working for them ;-)
Yep.
o4PhgGl.jpg

aXNPWdK.gif

icespide

Banned
Actually that's incorrect. The 360 already had an external power supply at launch.

The reason Microsoft is unlikely (might change with Surface team) to do an internal power brick goes back to the OG Xbox when a bunch of power supplies were exploding or bursting into flames.

Remeber these?

m2X9dycGBcZf-T5DmdakLxQ.jpg

These came as a result of that.

no I know the 360 never had an internal power brick, i mean they aren't going to risk anything that will add more heat to the box

How about they fix the interface on the Xbox One before foisting it on to other electronics? It's easily the biggest reason that I don't use mine.

Elixist

if the title is true, seems like MS wants to push push push the Xbox name even though its kind of tarnished right now? seems a little strange, maybe it will work out for them, but streaming boxes are for the mainstream and i see them picking up somethin with Apple or Googles logo on it first.

Krakn3Dfx

How about they fix the interface on the Xbox One before foisting it on to other electronics? It's easily the biggest reason that I don't use mine.

I'm with you, I've always found the UI to be a hot mess. I set mine to go directly into the OTA TV guide since that's what my XB1 gets used for mostly these days.

Still hoping they add DVR functionality for OTA TV at some point.

MS isn't gonna turn tail on a multi-billion dollar investment just because a few console internet warriors get butthurt over their plans.

This thing is bigger than the likes of them. Much bigger.

Absolutely, some are too focused on the console wars to see the bigger picture here. As always these are rumors and until confirmed, w/e.

I think though we will see the slim or mini or w/e its called. And another device possibly, I doubt there will be 2 streaming devices. This could mean many things as well, these devices might be able to stream your W10 Desktop to your TV or stream games from Xbox Live services to your TV. Time will tell, but its going to be more than just games.

BeforeU

wtf?

Whats wrong with Xbox One interface? lol new UI has been amazing.

BeforeU

MS is not that good at building hardware and releasing a family of products based off a middling console doesn't strike me as the best idea.

Do people not know Surface exists? And now Xbox is under same guy building hardware for MS.

Sargon

I'm in for an Xbox Nano, assuming it will have a Smartglass or Smartglass-like app to allow OTA streaming from the Xbox One. It would be really nice though if Microsoft would release a multi-tuner device for OTA instead of the single-tuner Hauppage adapter. That combined with the Nano and the upcoming DVR functionality could truly make the Xbox a fully viable option for cord-cutting.

BeforeU

Do we have enough information about Xbox Mini?

I am guessing its slimmer Xbox One with bigger HDD and 4k Video support?

chadskin

1) Xbox streaming stick, similar to a Chromecast
2) Xbox TV similar to a roku/apple TV NOT a XBO slim.
3) Xbox new box, VR enabled, revealed spring 2017, based on new architecture
4) Xbox 1.5, 4k output revealed later this year
5) Xbox interface being worked on as a BPM for PC.

Well.

BeforeU

Man Microsoft needed that Xbox TV type thing to complete with Amazon and Apple. 100-150 thing that has Windows store and also media apps. Would have been massive.

chadskin

Sams didn't say all that would be at E3.

He said Microsoft is going to announce two streaming devices at E3 (around the 7:40 minute mark), neither of those panned out.

Then, he said Xbox 1.5 would be revealed later this year and Scorpio in spring of next year.

Top Bottom