• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: God of War 4 to be set in Norse Mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

Most of the Nordic legends happened between 3th and 8th centuries AD. Kratos lived in golden age of Greek Mythology, roughly 1300 BC - 700 BC. If Kratos isn't an immortal lived over thousand years, then yeah, they are ditching him.

I dunno, Kratos has crawled out of Hades in virtually every game. What's another turn on the spinning blade-go-round to a guy like him!

GeoramA

It was bound to leak at some point.

Mixing the brutal nature of the GoW series with a Norse setting gets me all hot and bothered...

Does this mean my NDA I signed is absolved? Can I talk about it now?
Nope.

Spill the beans man! I don't want to wait around for a leak that may or not come. Need to go bed early tonight.
I've played what Santa Monica is working on, it's very exciting, I look forward to when they reveal it. Legally that's all I can say :(

EDIT

I've been dying to talk about it for the love of ***...

Toki767

Have you seen Thor movies? You know enough. I am looking forward to the unknown and it excites me. God of War was my full on introduction to Greek mythology and I loved that they explored every inch of it that they could. I hope they do the same with Norse.

Thor movies barely go over anything from Norse mythology. I think I've learned more about Norse mythology from the Avengers cartoon than the Thor movies.

Memento

Is the leak guy serious? Detective GAF, do your homework. Is he reliable?

PS: Not talking about shinobi, I am talking about the guy that said it will leak something big in 1 hour.

I'm fine if GoW 4 is a totally new story with new characters, but if it's done well, I have no problem with Kratos venting his rage on more gods either.

I quite like him really, he may not be the most fleshed out character ever, but the mofo knows how to rage and his revenge on the gods was pretty epic.

steven28

Sounds like a new protagonist.

2016-04-0500_23_19-ne51oty.png
Maybe you play as an angry beard.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Is the leak guy serious? Detective GAF, do your homework. Is he reliable?

PS: Not talking about shinobi, I am talking about the guy that said it will leak something big in 1 hour.

Guess we'll find out in about 15 minutes.

I have to say some part of me will always think of Kratos in a World War I trench holding a rifle and looking wet and miserable, and wonder.

Wait we get to have a fight with Odin? Hmmm most excellent! Not to mention this makes the most sense with there being many similarities between Greek and Norse gods. Mainly Zeus and Odin. So this should work very nicely.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Can be Kratos? I have no idea if they're connected.

I mean, they can do a new plot that mix Greece and the Nordic gods, I guess.

Well, let's see. I just wanna punch other gods haha

TEH-CJ

Banned
Seriously santa monica. If Kratos is not the main character I am fucking out and done. He is the fucking God of war.

This series hasn't been milked as much as other big franchise, but I really do think that it needs a major shakeup. God of War 2 was a solid sequel to the first one, and many people here believe it was actually the peak of series. I also thought GoW 2 was phenomenal, so I agree.

I didn't play GoW 3 or Ascension, but the series certainly started to feel stale despite the critical and commercial acclaim of GoW 3.

A new character and setting would be completely welcomed by me. Hopefully, some new mechanics can also be added to make the gameplay deeper or more fresh.

Well, let's see. I just wanna punch other gods haha

They should mix all gods, and in the end give us a MOBA-like multiplayer where you play as these gods. Win-win!!!!

(Smite lol)

Nev

Banned
Norse is one of the more violent ones with the most recognizable gods after Greek, so it's the obvious choice. Got a bump from Thor too.

Egyptian gods are clearly the most recognizable after Greek, and it's a shame that they went for the much more used Norse, I was hoping they would finally go with the awesome ancient Egypt mythology.

What an incredible letdown. Let's hope they keep Kratos though, I don't want yet another generic white haired viking man as a main character.

It needs to be. They need to continue what Jaffe originally planned, with gods of different mythologies going after Kratos for what he did to the Greek gods. Any other approach will be wrong, especially if it's a whole different universe with a stupid new character. Keep fucking Kratos, he is God of War, let the haters hate.

Ydelnae

Woah some of the reactions in here at the possibility of Kratos not returning as the main character, and I thought the Lightning fans were too attached for their own good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom