• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break at Gamescom

DOWN

Banned
Rise of the Tomb Raider on 360 stealing the show followed by Halo 5

Seriously though my most anticipated was Crackdown demo :(

Technically we expected it because it was spoiled by that one neoGAFer who came on this forum for a few hours to leak everything Microsoft had in store and then vanished into the great darkness :p

Its funny because every once in a while ntkrnl appears on random threads and posts as if nothing happened lol

Edit:
2 months would not make such a difference between "could show" and "could not show" at this point.
I slightly disagree with you there because i know you know how development is chaotic and things only come together at the last second and making demos for conventions takes a lot of time and effort that could otherwise be used for the game itself. And you know this. So 2 months can make a difference in a lot of cases :p

abadguy

Banned
Rest assured, the Halo/Gears/Forza/Fable cycle will continue as scheduled.

:/

Yup. Scalebound , Crackdown and Quantum Break have been cancelled, along with the new ip's from Rare and Lionhead. In this fictional world where it's only Halo/Forza and Gears, because we like to ignore all the other games that would disprove our lame arguments.

I don't think MS is going to just show up with Halo/Gears/Rise/Forza. I wasn't really excited for the games that are going to be missing because we already knew about them.

I assume we are going to get a few new games :p

Amir0x

Banned
Its funny because every once in a while ntkrnl appears on random threads and posts as if nothing happened lol

Heh, I did see him one other time post in some thread randomly. It is pretty weird.

Edit:

I slightly disagree with you there because i know you know how development is chaotic and things only come together at the last second and making demos for conventions takes a lot of time and effort that could otherwise be used for the game itself. And you know this. So 2 months can make a difference in a lot of cases :p

For a playable demo sure, but if a game has been in development for as long as Crackdown for example has and they can't even show a minute video of the game, then the development has way more problems then whether or not it is ready for E3 and two months won't make any difference in that :p

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
This must mean that Microsoft has a lot of unannounced titles set to be announced during E3, especially if E3 is going to focus more on first party than past conferences have before. I would have thought for sure that AT LEAST one of those titles would have appeared in the E3 conference. This isn't making me less excited, really, it's making me more excited. Their whole conference isn't just going to be Halo 5, Gears, Forza, Tomb Raider, Division, and Rare's new IP. Especially if Microsoft's conference is going to be similar to their conferences under Spencer where it has been games, games, and more games.

Heh, I did see him one other time post in some thread randomly. It is pretty weird.

Heh hes just trying to fit in after all that mess poor guy XD

For a playable demo sure, but if a game has been in development for as long as Crackdown for example has and they can't even show a minute video of the game, then the development has way more problems then whether or not it is ready for E3 and two months won't make any difference in that :p

Well you are right but given the nature of the development of this game i would assume its a little bit more hard trying to make the game as envisioned. Because on top of trying to make a good game (which hundreds of developers can attest as hard as fuck) they are still trying to incorporate all that Cloud(tm) jazz in it which is a serious tecnological challenge. I wonder if it will pay off, seriously curious.

Linkhero1

I wonder if MS was able to secure any exclusive third party titles. I'm really interested in seeing why they pushed these three titles to August.

What other first party titles do they have in the works? Halo 5, Gears?

Shrennin

What other first party titles do they have in the works? Halo 5, Gears?

Forza 6, Joe Montana Game(?), Twisted Pixel's IP, Rare's IP, and Microsoft secured exclusivity and/or marketing rights of Tomb Raider and Division. They also have Killer Instinct as well.

But there has to be more when the conference is 90 minutes and Microsoft has been about showing games consistently during their conferences under Spencer. Spencer even said before that this conference will be about the best fall line-up that Xbox has ever had as well. It would be interesting if more titles yet announced were shown during E3 and only to be revealed that they were releasing in the fall as well.

Linkhero1

Forza 6, Joe Montana Game(?), Twisted Pixel's IP, Rare's IP, and Microsoft secured exclusivity and/or marketing rights of Tomb Raider and Division. They also have Killer Instinct as well.

But there has to be more when the conference is 90 minutes and Microsoft has been about showing games consistently during their conferences under Spencer. Spencer even said before that this conference will be about the best fall line-up that Xbox has ever had as well. It would be interesting if more titles yet announced were shown during E3 and only to be revealed that they were releasing in the fall as well.

Sounds promising. I just hope there's not much fluff.

Yup. Scalebound , Crackdown and Quantum Break have been cancelled, along with the new ip's from Rare and Lionhead. In this fictional world where it's only Halo/Forza and Gears, because we like to ignore all the other games that would disprove our lame arguments.

His type of argument/statement is so played out. It really grinds my gears

Some of the reactions in this thread are a little out there. One would think that pushing gameplay demos of three games to a conference in six weeks would make people think that they would have new stuff and not less.

I mean, it's only six weeks!

BokehKing

Banned
Is cup head this year? Because that will probably when I dust off the x1 honestly, that's the one and only exclus I want bad

Reminds me of old old before Mackey mouse, Disney cartoons

Shrennin

Sounds promising. I just hope there's not much fluff.

I kinda hope there's not too much on VR, but it looks like the conference will have some of that. I don't think the Xbox will have a shift in focus like it did with Kinect if any VR tech is shown, but that'll feel somewhat like fluff to me although I think most of the conference will probably be about games (specifically games in the fall) and Windows 10 interactions with Xbox -- specifically, I hope an overhaul of the OS for Xbox is shown as it transitions to Windows 10. I feel like the OS just needs to be snappier/quicker so if improvements were made in that area then that would be a HUGE announcement for me.

This is amazing news the way Phil Spencer has been hyping e3 as first party focused means we could be in for more surprises and maybe more than just a teaser of rares new game along with battle toads

E3 is either going to be HUGE or hugely disappointing.

The dumb part of my brain wants to believe that the reason everything seems to be distancing itself from E3 proper is that we're going to get megaton after megaton.

PSGames

Wow that was unexpected. Crackdown and Scalebound were a huge part of me being excited to attend E3 this year.

And? There's allot more at the show than just this. Generalizing like this just shows you've already got your mind made of before you see what they have to offer. Your loss.

k3rn3ll

Neo Member
Clearly a move to help out Europe sells. With sony not at gamescom, they can take the show by storm and push as many sales as possible in Europe.

Lol at all the people jumping to conclusions, just like they did with Sony's conference after that Andrew House comment. The way I see it, this means that they will debut some unannounced first or third party exclusives to make up for the absence of those 3 admittedly huge games. Now whether or not these games will be as exciting as Scalebound and Crackdown remains to be seen. Still it should make for a really interesting conference for people who like new announcements / surprises at e3.

blakep267

I don't mind having Windows 10 stuff pop up during the conference as long as its on both Windows 10 and xbox, but I don't wanna see pc exclusives from MS. The Pc conference is the next day

I also don't care much for hololens talk. That can be at a separate event where all the focus can be on it.

I wanted this conference to be like last year, games games games( console games that is). but I feel that they're gonna try and shoe horn in holo lens and oculus stuff. Also hopefully the focus on 1st party wasn't just BS. I don't need to see a ton of ubi or EA games on stage

Orca

They said it was their best Xbox lineup ever, and these three won't be there? Well now they have my interest...that's a tall order to fill, even with those three being shown, so now I really want to see what the deal is.

shandy706

Kudo definitely makes it sound like there will be Oculus/Hololens stuff at the E3 keynote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDnVQgICl4

I hope those games werent bumped for this :/

Many people seem really happy Morpheus will be a focus with Sony. I wonder if we'll get people as happy if MS does have an Oculus/AR segment at their conference?

I personally don't want a ton of VR at either conference, but I suppose many will be happy and positive when it happens. It won't hurt my feelings.

Who are we kidding, I expect a ton of "concern" for both.

tumblr_mfiiuwLlQw1r5chrho1_400.gif

Doukou

They found out the Sony info in May like us so if the three games were moved in response and were originally a part of E3, that doesn't really leave a lot of time to find stuff to replace it.

They said it was their best Xbox lineup ever, and these three won't be there? Well now they have my interest...that's a tall order to fill, even with those three being shown, so now I really want to see what the deal is.

Yup, that Spencer quote pretty much guarantees there will be more surprise announcements than people were expecting. Some too early announcements, like last year
is likely though, especially if these new games are AAA. CG overkill really put a dampener on their 2014 press conference, so I hope I am wrong.

hughesta

Banned
Wow, Scalebound is the game I was most excited to see. I'm sure the megatons will make up for it, but I'm really disappointed right now.

golem

Many people seem really happy Morpheus will be a focus with Sony. I wonder if we'll get people as happy if MS does have an Oculus/AR segment at their conference?

I personally don't want a ton of VR at either conference, but I suppose many will be happy and positive when it happens. It won't hurt my feelings.

Who are we kidding, I expect a ton of "concern" for both.

After owning a DK2 I just can't get excited about VR. Not ready for primetime, imo.

Kudo definitely makes it sound like there will be Oculus/Hololens stuff at the E3 keynote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDnVQgICl4

I hope those games werent bumped for this :/

If they pushed those three games to talk about VR and AR I'll be really annoyed.

Hopefully Kudo is just talking about announcements and stuff in general and not necessarily the Microsoft conference. Phil will be at the PC conference as well so maybe they'll focus on some of that stuff there instead.

If they pushed those three games to talk about VR and AR I'll be really annoyed.

Hopefully Kudo is just talking about announcements and stuff in general and not necessarily the Microsoft conference. Phil will be at the PC conference as well so maybe they'll focus on some of that stuff there instead.

Kudo is not just leading AR/VR thing anymore, it's strange people think he only need to work with Hololens/Rift.

Kudo is not just leading AR/VR thing anymore, it's strange people think he only need to work with Hololens/Rift.

It's not really about Kudo though. I just don't want Oculus or Hololens infesting Microsoft's conference in general. Especially since they had an Oculus presser and Hololens isn't even close to being ready.

Sony was smart in doing a lot of their Morpheus stuff at GDC when it was a ways off from releasing. If Microsoft is out there putting Hololens on parade when it's not close to being ready and they bumped three big games to do it then yeah, I'll be a little annoyed. I sat through enough Kinect at E3 to know I don't want it with Hololens too.

Top Bottom