• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break at Gamescom

LQX

Watch them devote a huge chunk of time to third party games since this will be aired on TV. It's obvious MS really does not have faith in much of it's first party offerings.

rokkerkory

Let us estimate:

Halo 5: 10 minutes
FM6: 5 minutes
Gears: 5 minutes
Garden Warfare 2: 5 minutes
Some Win 10 talk: 5 minutes
X1 Win10 features: 5 minutes
Rare new IP: 5 minutes
Rise of Tomb Raider: 10 minutes
The Division: 5 minutes
ID@Xbox: 5 minutes

Well, not too much time slot left for a 90-min conference

FM6: 3 minutes
Gears: 2 minutes
Garden Warfare 2: 1 minutes
Some Win 10 talk: 3 minutes
X1 Win10 features: 2 minutes
Rise of Tomb Raider: 5 minutes
The Division: 2 minutes
ID@Xbox: 7 minutes
Surprises: 10 minutes
Other: 15 minutes

Plenty of time in my opinion for other stuffs

abadguy

Banned
Watch them devote a huge chunk of time to third party games since this will be aired on TV. It's obvious MS really does not have faith in much of it's first party offerings.
Seems pretty contrary to the comments Spencer made about the conference being "first party focused".

Doffen

MS shoulda extended the conference by 15 mins! :)

They will extend their E3 coverage with "Xbox Daily: LIVE @ E3".

Tune in to see live Xbox E3 breaking news, exclusive announcements, trailer reveals, game demos, and interviews with game creators, June 15th-17th from 4:00 p.m - 5:00 p.m PDT on your Xbox One, Xbox.com, and Xbox 360.

Last year during their pre-E3 show they announced KI season 2, Happy Wars and Threes!.

Im thinking they are working on a smaller scale digital release of battletoads and a bigger project that is at least a year away on one of their more popular IP, hell maybe even a new IP.

I think there is a high chance for Rare to be working on two different titles, one is a pre established IP and a new IP. Chances are slim for them to be working on a small scale digital release I think, probably hire a smaller independent studio for battleloads.

Salty Hippo

Let us estimate:

FM6: 5 minutes
Gears: 5 minutes
Garden Warfare 2: 5 minutes
Some Win 10 talk: 5 minutes
X1 Win10 features: 5 minutes
Rise of Tomb Raider: 10 minutes
The Division: 5 minutes
ID@Xbox: 5 minutes

Well, not too much time slot left for a 90-min conference

30 minutes left.

5 for Joe Montana
5 for a Banjo or Battletoads revival (outsourced)
5 for Twisted Pixel's new IP
5 for possibly a new Lionhead IP
5 for possibly a third party exclusive
5 for possibly another surprise of some sort (maybe a new internal studio created or acquired)

I don't think many of those games will get the full 5 or 10 minutes, so that would open up more space to something like a Rainbow Six demo and a Gears 4 teaser.

I think this scenario would justify pushing those game to GC. But if that extra time is filled with bloat or fluff instead, they fucked up pretty badly.

eso76

I think FM6 would take some more time with Dan onstage talking about how they reverse engineered puddles.
Night and wet are an important milestone for the series.

Also lots of Win10 talk.

I'm sure they're announcing something new, with stuff further along in development being showcased in playable form closer to release at gamescom.

I love E3.
And getting excited for games I'll never buy

Salty Hippo

Phil Spencer ‏@XboxP3 2 hHá 2 horas
@kaj2201 Yes, new announces at E3. QB, SB and CD will have a great Gamescom, I've reviewed gameplay looks strong. Lots of games to show.

Phil Spencer ‏@XboxP3 1 hHá 1 hora
@DenisNCaldeira Scalebound will be great at Gamescom. Have to make sure teams have the right amount of time, don't want to rush demos.

@KyroxSP @BiG_Porras @kaj2201 Yea, we have announces at GC as well. Busy time.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/with_replies

oSoLucky

Interesting play. I think it probably has to do with Sony not having a Gamescom conference so they can dominate that show.

So what is at E3?
This.

Best I can guess is that they will focus on stuff for this year.
maybe...
15 min Halo section
10 min. TR gameplay video
7 min Forza gameplay reveal
4 min on gears remastered
7 mins on new Rare game
3 mins on new Twisted Pixel game
3 mins on new press play game
3 mins on gears 4 teaser +info
10 mins showing off new Win 10 UI
7 min showing off various Indy games
21 min showing off various 3rd party games