• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break at Gamescom

Jb

What a fucking bummer :( Scalebound was the gameplay reveal I was the most excited for this year's E3. Crackdown would have been such a cool demo too.
I just hope that mystery Platinum game delivers. I would very much like to see what they can do with current gen hardware.

It is not cancelled, just no show at E3. It still can be one of your most anticipated games.

Pretty sure the at E3 was implied.

Having a jam-packed lineup of games to show at E3 means that there simply isn’t enough time to give each of our upcoming titles its well-deserved time in the spotlight.

I'm gonna be pissed if they have time to do live stage demos of CoD or Assassins creed but not for these titles.

And where did I say it was going to be an hour of VR/AR? I didn't.

All I said was, I don't want VR/AR to be the replacement for Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break. If it is then I think Microsoft made a bad decision and on a personal level, I'll be both annoyed and disappointed with that decision.

If you watch that interview with Kudo, he definitely implies they'll be talking about Oculus and/or Hololens at their conference. Whether it's just a passing mention or 10+ minutes I don't know, but It's not as though I've pulled it out of thin air.

I don't necessarily mind that they've pushed those three games back to Gamescom but it doesn't change that, in my opinion, Microsoft needs to do the same thing they did last year which is focus on games and games only for 90 minutes. If they start going off the rails with Oculus and Hololens then I think more than a few people will be a bit disappointed.

And they already said it's not.

Prine

Banned
I'm gonna be pissed if they have time to do live stage demos of CoD or Assassins creed but not for these titles.

This what i love about CoD/Ass creed moving to Sony, we avoid these games taking up valuable conference time. Worst part of MS conferences for a long time, barely anyone speaks about it on gaming forums. Good riddance.

I would have liked Star Wars Battlefront demo though, but EA will take care of that later in the day :D

This could be indicative of Microsoft having a really good conference the way I see it. There are only six weeks between E3 and Gamescom this year, so it's not like the games simply aren't ready to show yet and they need more time. I mean, what real difference does a few weeks make when it comes to bundling together some gameplay footage? Nah, I think they've got a lot of new stuff to show come Monday.

abadguy

Banned
Nice! Covering Gamescom for work so looking forward to watching all these games live!

Lucky bastid! :p Wish i had the time/money to go to these things. Always wanted to go to E3, Gamescom and TGS. Funny in this thread going by many posts, one would think that Gamescom were some small gathering of like 200 guests in a random motel off the highway.

derFeef

Lucky bastid! :p Wish i had the time/money to go to these things. Always wanted to go to E3, Gamescom and TGS. Funny in this thread going by many posts, one would think that Gamescom were some small gathering of like 200 guests in a random motel off the highway.

Haha. Gamescom is big. Too big. Scary big.
In terms of people at least.

Also wasn't Crackdown and Remedy always more of a Gamescom thing?

barit

Dat Windows 10 priority

Seems like MS hopes to get some goodwill back in Europe. They bitterly needed.

Sony already killing it with all their Pre-E3 announcements and MS still has nothing showed except some PR statements and the Xbone controller with every OR unit. That´s pretty weak imo

derFeef

Dat Windows 10 priority

Sony already killing it with all their Pre-E3 announcements and MS still has nothing showed except some PR statements and the Xbone controller with every OR unit. That´s pretty weak imo

Uhh...

I wonder, since both presentations are separate, the console and PC announcements will be independent of each other at E3. Games debuting footage for the first time that are also going to come out on PC would make sense to show at PC and Xbox conference.

Wouldn't be too surprised to see Crackdown end up being one of those cross-platform games.

leeh

Disappointed at the lack of Crackdown and Scalebound, although, I hope this means we're going to see a lot of unannounced titles which will hopefully release this year.

(Xbox) One can dream.

Sjefen

Phil said focus is on first party at E3 this year, so will be exciting to see their conference. Gamescom is everything else I guess.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm sad if Scalebound will not be at E3, but this also free space for brand new announcements in few days!

Castef

Banned
I don't know what to expect but I think we are going to get extended demos for Halo 5 (campaign and multiplayer) and Tomb Raider.

Plus they have to show several unknown games.

We know Rare is working on 1 or 2 games.

Killer Instinct Season 3?

The JRPG from Toylogic.

The new game from Nero's developers.

Forza Motorsport 6.

Gears of War.

And this is just what we know right now, between leaks and confirmations.

If they are confident in moving that three games to GamesCom (maybe for sending a message to Europe?) i guess they are still quite confident in what they have in the oven for E3.

Disappointed at the lack of Crackdown and Scalebound, although, I hope this means we're going to see a lot of unannounced titles which will hopefully release this year.

(Xbox) One can dream.

We're not gonna see lots of unannounced titels. MS doesn't have as many first parties as Sony. What we're gona see is a lot of Halo, Gears, Forza and Tomb Raider, as wel as a Rare reveal. Apart from that, not expecting much.

Dat Windows 10 priority

You heard the man Microsoft, wrap it up.

GHG

I'm still not sure these guys know what the fuck they are doing this generation.

Its such a big contrast to the first few years of the 360 its not even funny.

Maybe the fact that the market didn't give 2 shits about Kinect has scuppered whatever roadmap they had more than we realise.

derFeef

I'm still not sure these guys know what the fuck they are doing this generation.

Its such a big contrast to the first few years of the 360 its not even funny.

Maybe the fact that the market didn't give 2 shits about Kinect has scuppered whatever roadmap they had more than we realise.

Keeping 3 games for 6 weeks later to show at the biggest (European) trade show = not knowing what the fuck they are doing? Okay.

oldergamer

We're not gonna see lots of unannounced titels. MS doesn't have as many first parties as Sony. What we're gona see is a lot of Halo, Gears, Forza and Tomb Raider, as wel as a Rare reveal. Apart from that, not expecting much.

This again? What makes you think this? I thought the last count was that MS had more first party developers and even sony mentioned they would be relying on 3RD parties this year.

you might not be expecting much, but I'm expecting a few surprises.and a quality first party lineup.

Dat Windows 10 priority

Keep up the good work mate!

Microsoft must have a lot of big stuff for e3 moving these out then. Also it shows they plan on making gamescom big As well. Very well done msft. Can't wait for e3 xD

m@cross

Sorry, but this comes off as PR spin. Yes, maybe they have so much content it simply wouldn't all fit into E3, BUT the content they push off is 3 of their bigger upcoming titles? Who knows, maybe M$ has atomic bombs to drop, but I will be surprised if it is not more related to not having enough polish ready to make sure people stay hyped for those three games.

"Keep pushing it", when was the last time they "pushed" a Crackdown reveal?

It's more a comment on there being absolutely no update since it's reveal a year ago. Everyone and their mother was expecting it at E3 and now it's been pushed to GC, which is fair enough, MS needs some games to showcase at GC, but it's getting ridiculous.

CD, PD, SB. Three games that were revealed with CG trailers and one of which is already in trouble with the original going under because MS unceremoniously pulled the plug and refuse to say anything more than it's still in development.

Sorry, but this comes off as PR spin. Yes, maybe they have so much content it simply wouldn't all fit into E3, BUT the content they push off is 3 of their bigger upcoming titles? Who knows, maybe M$ has atomic bombs to drop, but I will be surprised if it is not more related to not having enough polish ready to make sure people stay hyped for those three games.

You're better than this.

???

Can't see why this is not possible.

Even Sony is announcing lots of externally-developed games and people is rooting for Mime, Street Fighter V and No Man's Sky, for instance.

I take it you mean Rime? That's a Sony exclusive, MS doesn't really have equivalents of those (games like Journey, Unfinished Swan, and now Rime, Rapture, Tomorrow Children, Edith Finch etc.). At best they have some indie console exclusivity, like Ori last year.

But they said they would focus on first party titles, so I have no idea what else they're gonna show besides the games I mentioned.

I'd like to be surprised, I just can't really see it.

It's not a dig at MS, I can't wait for their GC presser as I'm really interested in Scalebound and Crackdown. But more Halo, Gears and Forza isn't exactly floating my boat. Which is why I hope Rare comes out guns blazing.

Of course it's PR, the point is whether that PR is backed up at E3 and Gamescom or not.

MS does have stuff like Kalimba (to name one already out), Below, Cuphead etc as well. These are not/presumably not titles to be sniffed at.

derFeef

1. stop saying M$, please....
2. The only thing I don't like about it, is how they wrote this. "too much games" - it just leads up to disappointment in one way or another.

Dabanton

Keeping 3 games for 6 weeks later to show at the biggest (European) trade show = not knowing what the fuck they are doing? Okay.

I can't even tell anymore if people are slyly parodying the bizarre almost concern trolling tone that has infested MS centric threads. Or actually believe some of the ott silliness they write.

m23

I highly doubt it's because of polish. Nothing big will happen in the 6-7 weeks between e3 and gamescom. I think it's purely strategy, and it actually kind of makes sense. I just hope they have plenty of new stuff to account for these three games.

DryvBy

Their Gamescom show should be interesting then. I'm assuming those games will be the focal point of news though..

Interesting to see what the show at E3 then.

According to my friend, it's speculated to be full of first-party exclusives.

Synth

Why does this come up so often?...

Why would this be an issue though?

Killer Instinct 2013 wasn't by any of their internal teams..
Ryse wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Crimson Dragon wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Dead Rising wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Forza Horizon 2 wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Dance Central wasn't by any of their internal teams.
Halo MCC was technically not by any of their internal teams lol.

then there's Quantum Break, Scalebound, Crackdown etc. It's never been an issue.

All three games being pushed to GC aren't internally developed either.

m@cross

1. stop saying M$, please....
2. The only thing I don't like about it, is how they wrote this. "too much games" - it just leads up to disappointment in one way or another.

Sorry, the $ comes from being up way to early, let my ancient MS angst shade my tone.

MS has a history of PR spinning a lot of things, and I think it is simply more likely they want a little more time to make sure those important games look good when they do show them than they have so much they can't fit it all in.

If true, I would respect them a lot more if they simply stated it as such. "X, Y, and Z are important games for our fans, we want to make sure people see them the way we expect them to look and not in a less ideal state, so we are holding off a little longer to show them."

I'm so close to buying an Xbox One and Scalebound was something I was very excited to see more of at E3. Hopefully Tomb Raider and whatever Rare has been cooking up will push me to make my purchase.

m@cross

I highly doubt it's because of polish. Nothing big will happen in the 6-7 weeks between e3 and gamescom. I think it's purely strategy, and it actually kind of makes sense. I just hope they have plenty of new stuff to account for these three games.

6-7 weeks can be a huge amount of time when it comes to putting together a demo.

Dat Windows 10 priority

Somebody please give me some links for those Pre-E3 announcements. I just want to know how MS is killed again.

Thanks a lot~!

CD, PD, SB. Three games that were revealed with CG trailers and one of which is already in trouble with the original going under because MS unceremoniously pulled the plug and refuse to say anything more than it's still in development...

Whoa, whoa back it up.

Which one of the three is in trouble?!

Top Bottom