• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound Gameplay Demo [extended IGN First demo in OP]

What game does Scalebound most remind you of?

Results are only viewable after voting.
The one thing that both Scalebound and Quantum Break has in common- Both of them seem very safe in terms of gameplay (and characters) but interesting in terms of concept/setting.

fertygo

Would be funny if this turning into game that similar to Drkengard while Nier 2 more like typical platinum character action game.

Hybrid897

The combat didn't seem as combo orientated as the other games they've made, looked sorta slow. Battle against the big guy looked good though.

Looking forward to future showings.

Ricky_R

I didn't really like it, but that's mostly because PG games don't really appeal to me.

The dragon looks cool and the character's transformation as well.

Looks damn good. Kind of saddened that some here expect every Kamiya game to be straight-up action. Nice to see him branch out.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Looks incredible. Hyped!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Framerate did looka big rough. I'd imagine this would look quite stunning if that were addressed.

Overall though, looks like a fairly standard action RPG with a unique aesthetic. In for a PC port.

UberLevi

I'll be in on this if I can fly around on the dragon freely.

EDIT: Also, I want to customize the playlist for my headphones during combat.

Servbot24

Banned
Hmm, hard to tell yet. The combat definitely looks like a step down from Bayo and Rising, but maybe the RPG elements will make up for it.

Sayad

Love it, it's early to criticize the framerate with more than a year off before release. I was expecting more of an action game, but as action RPG is fine too if made by PG. :)

Ninjimbo

Game looks bananas. I'm down. I hope the framerate is ironed out since right now it's moving at Dragon's Dogma speed. I like what I see though.

Empty

more xenobladey than i expected. need to learn more about the mechanics w/ the dragon. looks like it lacks the smoothness of other platinum games but they have over a year to work on that.

exciting overall!

Dragon arm? Partners with a dragon?
All Platinum needs now are some sweet power armor, a voluptuous red-haired heroine, a theme song about poking nipples and you've got High School DxD: The Game.
PROTIP: If you're interested in DxD, start with the translated novels.
I want this so badly.

Frog-fu

Banned
The concern trolling around this in the main thread is shameful.

The game isn't out until HOLIDAY 2016, but some acting like its framerate is going to remain poorly. Sheesh.

Hypron

That framerate....

Doesn't look like a Platinum game without 60 fps.

Most of their games run in the 30-50 fps range though. This game seemed to run at 15fps lol. But I'm sure it'll be better for launch, still a long way to go.

Eh, look good but combat looks slow and bland.

It seems a lot slower than a normal platinum game but it also seems like this will be more RPG-y? I'm okay with it if that's the case, but it still looks less fluid than I'd expect from one of their titles.

I like the concept of the game, but it seemed kinda cheesy with the dialogue. I dunno about this game yet. The 4 player co-op could be good.

Servbot24

Banned
Looks damn good. Kind of saddened that some here expect every Kamiya game to be straight-up action. Nice to see him branch out.

I don't care what genre it is. In this case they're trying to sell the combat, so that's the only thing we have to judge. Maybe the RPG side of it will be great.

The End

Looks like DmC x MonHon but without the charm of either

that being said, it looks great and it's easily got a year left to cook, so hopes are up

MrBadger

How to train your Donte

Considering it's Platinum, I have to admire the backgrounds and art direction. Looks really nice.

There's a longer gameplay demo at IGN, but lets just call it what it is: it looked bad.

Main character is like finding out New Dante did a Dentene commercial before starring in his own game

Gameplay I think would leave a better impression if Horizon hadn't been shown at E3 and - even if its safe to assume it will be downgraded visually - the combat looked deeper with just one character than this does with 2.

Would be funny if this turning into game that similar to Drkengard while Nier 2 more like typical platinum character action game.

Honestly? I kinda hope so.

Aeana

Looking pretty awesome to start with. I can't wait to see how it shapes up!

Also, EC was right.

I figure Scalebound will follow the usual Platinum reactions.

"OH MY GOD IM SO EXCITED KAMIGOD KAMIGOD"
"HERE WE GO"
"OOooooh?"
"oh"
"um, this looks weird?"
"wow this looks terrible lol"
"wish it was more like *insert platinum game*"
"graphics look bad"
*hours pass and more gameplay + previews roll in*
"Oh actually this looks much better than the original reveal"
*time passes, more glowing previews*
"This game sounds REALLY FUCKING AWESOME"
*trailers roll in over the months before release*
"PLATINUM IS GOD THIS GAME LOOKS AMAZING OH MY GOD"
*game releases*
"NOBODY DOES COMBAT LIKE PLATINUM KAMIGOD KAMIGOD"

Bayonetta = "Character looks stupid, bad graphics, disappointing successor to DMC"
Vanquish = "What is this dumb robot shooter? Why isn't it Resident Evil?"
Anarchy Reigns = "This game is ugly and the combat looks boring also the soundtrack sucks"
MGR: Revengeance = "KojiPro's version looked better this looks horrible NOT CANON"
Bayonetta 2 = "Fuck the Wii U"
The Wonderful 101 = "Kamiya's next game is a cartoon strategy game? Looks terrible, where's DMC?"
Transformers Devestation = "I hope this isn't Platinum's game, what a waste :/"

Every time. Scalebound will be the best game of next year. Suck it haters.

Yeah, mixed emotions...The movement of the character was reaaaaaaaallllyyyy off, he was moving so weird. I hoped for a pure action game.

Oh, and the character was very generic with no charisma whatsoever.

There isn't a single PG game with a stable 60 FPS. Not one.

You think this open world action RPG for Xbone is aiming for 60 fps LMAO

You'll get a targeted 30 at 900p, less than that when 4 player co-op gets hectic in every battle.

This is a Kamiya game designed for people who don't think twice about picking up Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta.

Lernaean

Banned
He uses the Devil Trigger (scale armor), he picks up the Red Orbs, but where is the style?

When i think about small guy fighting Kaiju, i imagine MonHun X and faster, that was slow and boring.

Not at all what i have in mind when i hear PlatinumGames, sorry Kamiya.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Looks good and I like the mechanics. I'm not a fan of the protagonist and his dumb headphones.

Exile20

Pros:

Looks nice
Big bosses
Good art direction except for the guy

Cons:

Frame rate was terrible
The character was unlikable for me
Action is slow
Nothing special about the gameplay

Need to see more. A well written story between the dragon would be welcomed

Top Bottom