• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCE Japan/Asia press conference to be held on 9/9 [JP launch date will be announced]

KAL2006

Banned
You people are setting yourselves up for dissapointment. They won't announced Last Guardian or Demon Souls 2. These big game announcements are usually saved for E3. I expect nothing significant from both those event and TGS. VGA is the next time we are triple A exclusive game announcement.

You people are setting yourselves up for dissapointment. They won't announced Last Guardian or Demon Souls 2. These big game announcements are usually saved for E3. I expect nothing significant from both those event and TGS. VGA is the next time we are triple A exclusive game announcement.

Demon's Souls was a TGS announcement.

Though arguably, back then it was a 100% local SCEJ project without any intent of the western audience, so who knows.

RyoonZ

Banned
The Last Guardian?

jblThYEXUzY02s.jpg

How accurate has verendus been in the past

Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts III

He got those.

Posted January 28th, 2013:
Verendus said:
I can spill the following comfortably though since I think this developer is a bit of a joke, and I think people are beginning to suspect this anyway. Versus XIII will have another unveiling later this year regarding development for the next generation. It won't have the "Versus XIII" part in the title. It will definitely release in 2014. You can have my account deleted if this information turns out to be inaccurate. News is fresh on this and I'm really confident about it. FF15 and FF16 are underway, both next generation projects. There's a chance FF15, in particular, may be an exclusive release. Kind of. And with that, I'm off to sleep.

Posted May 22nd, 2013:
Verendus said:
Kingdom Hearts 3 will be on PS4. It's no secret at this stage that the game exists. The question I think Sony fans want answered is whether it's exclusive, timed exclusive or on multiple platforms. Regardless of when that question is answered, Kingdom Hearts fans will be happy because they'll be playing a next generation Kingdom Hearts after years of waiting.

There is a Kingdom Hearts PS4 game due to be released in 2014. I guess obvious enough which one? Not KH3 btw.

klee123

Completely OT, but is there any reason why there've been a lack of famitsu info for the last 2 weeks? Even if there's a lack of news, we'd usually get review scores at least.

Completely OT, but is there any reason why there've been a lack of famitsu info for the last 2 weeks? Even if there's a lack of news, we'd usually get review scores at least.

Businesses in Japan have been on holiday for Obon.

For example, there were no new games released last week.

B.O.O.M

Excellent excellent. Should be a good show for both Vita/PS4. Vita is actually selling decently in Japan and it has being doing pretty good with the software sales too. I expect some good, most probably Japanese fanbase focused, reveals for it.

I think this also points to a 2013 release for PS4 in Japan. If it wasn't the case I see no reason why they couldn't wait until TGS

Biker19

Banned
Finally! I want me some Japanese games. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited about the western games but we have been talking about them for so long it feels like the Japanese games don't even exist.

I agree. About 80% of western games are FPS's. I want more diversity.

Elios83

I don't have much faith in those two particular games being announced but generally speaking I think that TGS this year will be big.
You can really see at this point how the announcements are being split, E3 for western games, global blockbusters and price announcement.
Gamescom for indie and innovative titles plus release date for the west.
TGS (and this conference right before it) will be for japanese specific titles and japanese launch details.

Elios83

There's some speculation that a Japan launch will be around December.

It would make sense considering they're making this dedicated conference.
If they're lauching next year they could simply wait 10 days more and make their announcements at TGS. Making a dedicated conference just to announce that japanese gamers will be treated as second tier for the first time for a Playstation console, is not really the best outcome unless they have really valid arguments (read games) on their side :p
We'll see, at least we'll get more news soon.

Before the end of the FY.

Sony's FY ends March 31st, so I'm going to remain hopeful that it will launch soon after the US / Europe with a decent array of titles, and will appeal to Japanese audiences.

I just hope Japanese gamers won't react negatively to the PS4's delayed Japanese launch as they have with Microsoft not prioritizing the region at all.

Top Bottom