• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCE Japan/Asia press conference to be held on 9/9 [JP launch date will be announced]

entremet

Me too man. I really hope this mobile migration is less about people's perception of console gaming, and more that the PS3 was expensive with poor support in Japan this entire generation.

With the PS4 being cheaper and easier to develop for, with any luck, people will have a reason to get on board.

Imagine a Dragon Quest on PS4. A PS4 Monster Hunter.

Wow... Come on Japan. Be strong.

I don't know. Ship kinda sailed it seems.

*fingers crossed* Hopes for Last Guardian. Though I'm thinking that might be next E3 just to laugh at anything Microsoft puts out.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There was a rumor on 2ch about 2 typical PS games getting announced in September for 3DS. Hints were 5 and 2.

Persona 5 and Type0-2??

Probably bullshit but September is here and Nintendo already killed the last Sony Pre-TGS pre-console release conference once two years ago with similar announcements.

Mmh...anyone who's familiar with 2ch can check who posted this? We need to know if the poster is reliable / already leaked stuff in the past. I know there have been some stuff leaked by 2ch in the past, but there have also been so many fakes by 2ch in the past. And the fakes are more than the real scoops :p

Prelude.

Mmh...anyone who's familiar with 2ch can check who posted this? We need to know if the poster is reliable / already leaked stuff in the past. I know there have been some stuff leaked by 2ch in the past, but there have also been so many fakes by 2ch in the past. And the fakes are more than the real scoops :p
It's as reliable as 4chan.

So what games can we expect to see?

Knack PS4
GT6 PS3
Yakuza PS4 or Vita
Puppeteer PS3

Team Siren/Gravity Rush ????
Vision GT PS4????
Deep Down
Surprises by Namco???

ranmafan

Glad the conference is on a Monday since thats a day off for me. I just hope PS4 preorders start soon after the announcement. I want to get mine in as soon as possible. Also hope the date is this year, but if not and its delayed a bit, I'm cool with that.

Bundy

Banned
Glad the conference is on a Monday since thats a day off for me. I just hope PS4 preorders start soon after the announcement. I want to get mine in as soon as possible. Also hope the date is this year, but if not and its delayed a bit, I'm cool with that.
Well, I guess it will be late december 2013 in japan.
Your predictions?

ranmafan

Well, I guess it will be late december 2013 in japan.
Your predictions?

Well honestly, I think a mid December launch is possible. They've done it in the past and I can't imagine they would delay the Japanese release too long. Its what I'm thinking they will do, but I think it will depend on what Japanese games are ready and all by then. Also with the big Japanese games of the year here coming out this month and next, December seems a bit empty at the moment. Good opportunity to put it out then as it will get more exposure, and also especially with it being the New Years Holidays and people having money to spend.

I just hope its then cause I get a nice two weeks holiday at my school then! I love Japanese New Years holidays!

Bundy

Banned
Well honestly, I think a mid December launch is possible. They've done it in the past and I can't imagine they would delay the Japanese release too long. Its what I'm thinking they will do, but I think it will depend on what Japanese games are ready and all by then. Also with the big Japanese games of the year here coming out this month and next, December seems a bit empty at the moment. Good opportunity to put it out then as it will get more exposure, and also especially with it being the New Years Holidays and people having money to spend.

I just hope its then cause I get a nice two weeks holiday at my school then! I love Japanese New Years holidays!
Well, I hope so!
As long as it is a 2013 :)
Well, one more week and we will know it!

synce

Maybe we can actualy hear about some new Japanese games for a change too. What do we have so far? FF15 and MGS5? God knows when they'll even release

As a USian it doesn't really affect me but, man, it's going to be really interesting to see Sony's strategy for PS4 in Japan in the coming year or so. The culture seems to have moved almost entirely to handhelds and mobile, but you HAVE to think there's an opening for them if they know how to play it right. Japan still has to have a lot of core gamers, right? It's fucking Japan. For those of us who grew up in the 80s and 90s worshiping all the great Japanese console developers, saying Japan doesn't care about "big" cutting edge games is like saying there aren't many Catholics in Rome.

MS and Nintendo are doing zilch there on the console front. You have to think they at least have a strategy to attempt to turn this tide and take advantage of the market open before them. The vision out of Sony ever since the February reveal has been pretty broad and pretty spot on, and all based on correcting so many past missteps.

Me too man. I really hope this mobile migration is less about people's perception of console gaming, and more that the PS3 was expensive with poor support in Japan this entire generation.

With the PS4 being cheaper and easier to develop for, with any luck, people will have a reason to get on board.

Imagine a Dragon Quest on PS4. A PS4 Monster Hunter.

Wow... Come on Japan. Be strong.

If they were smart, they would do just that.

crinale

A recent trademark filing from Square Enix Japan for the name Final Fantasy Type-0-2 seems to suggest a sequel to the PSP exclusive rpg released in Japan nearly two years ago is in the works.

You may recall a few years ago Square Enix trademarked Type-1 and Type-2, as well, but nothing came of either filings.

So what makes this one different?

In this case Final Fantasy Type-0-2 falls in line with Square Enix’s regular names for its sequels, i.e. Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Additionally, SE Japan has also trademarked Valkyrie Profile, Saga Frontier, Bushido Blade and Bahamut Lagoon.

http://www.gaforum.org/showpost.php?p=10486090&postcount=177

Check the trademark numbers on SE's games... they are just copied and pasted from above, and altered :p

graywolf323

if Sony is having a special event to announce the launch date in Japan that must mean it's coming this year right? seems odd to have a special event if it isn't since they could just announce 2014 at TGS a couple weeks later

Endo Punk

I hope the HD hurdles are over for Japanese developers, and with PS4's easy-to-go architecture there really shouldn't be any excuses, unless Japan has truly abandoned consoles, but it depends just how well Japanese developers support the system. If we can expect support half as good as the PS1/2 days then we are in for some good times.

ranmafan

What if Sony releases the PS4 in Japan first on Oct. 21?

I would be extremely surprised if they did that. If they did, there would be so little time to hype up the system. Its behind I think in that area compared to the West. I do think they will be more prudent with the release and learn from how other systems were launched over here recently. Which is why December seems perfect for them at least in my opinion. I do hope they learn from the mistakes of recent Japanese system launches and hit a home run. Thankfully we will know soon.

RaijinFY

Type 0-2 is a terrible name.

Also, I would hate to see Atlus leaving Sony consoles entirely.

Type-0 was already a terrible name...
As for the next TGS, i think people should set their expectations very low. Nothing indicates we will see their PSOne, PS2 form back in any ways... If anything it could be worse than their current generation output.

Gskyace

64e7655fjw1e804ipmcenj20ne0gjadj.jpg

Before this... I've got a NBGI conference from 1000 to 1630.
Quite long.

Logash

My favorite part about this stuff is that since this is in Japan, we will get the info on the night of the 8th :p

Top Bottom