• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCUF Releases a New PS4 Controller to Rival the Xbox Elite Controller

Gusto

PTLzKQu.png

So, for those who do not know, SCUF Gaming is known for their controllers for the competitive gaming audience. They're not the cheapest, but the paddles should be a standard for every controller.

They released a 4PS controller, which is pretty cool because the PlayStation 4 players could now have paddles, which really give you an advantage, if you're into shooters. I like them just because they are so much easier to use, without having to take your thumb off of the right stick. Now, the 4PS was nowhere near the level of the Xbox Elite controller, but now they just released a new one, the Infinity 4PS controller that I kind of want. Now it has the locking triggers and swappable sticks, which is all I really wanted.

They sent my wife one and I have to say, I'm pretty jealous. I really want one, but after customizing one to my perfection, it is going to run me $200. Do you guys think it's worth it, or should I steal hers?

She absolutely loves it, but I'm trying to justify my purchase. Keep in mind, I just burned about $400 for a 4PS for my kids for Christmas. Now they're freaking out over the new one, too. Oh, the dilemma.

Trace

Banned
lol it was X-Mas and my boys wanted them. I'm not going to lie, they set me back since that wasn't all they got, but man do they love them.

If you're willing to drop that kind of cash on your kids you should buy a solid HTPC for the living room or something. Better gaming experience than any amount of custom controlers will do.

EBE

the Elite is as much a premium controller for its modularity and precision as it is build quality (lol, just read any horror story about these things breaking within weeks) and aesthetics (theres no denying its a fiiiine looking controller though).

SCUF controllers always look really bad imo

Gusto

They're the main company that headed the specialty controllers/extra paddles market before MS adapted it.

MS crushed them when they released their elite controller, but it doesn't seem like Sony is going to give us an Elite of their own.

SRTtoZ

No way. I looked into Scuf a while back and after you start adding decent options the controller price shoots up even more than it is. Stupid, i'll take the Elite every day over one of those at a similar price.

oSoLucky

If you're willing to drop that kind of cash on your kids you should buy a solid HTPC for the living room or something. Better gaming experience than any amount of custom controlers will do.

Sage advice........

Anyway, so these controllers come custom made? Do you not get all the pieces to customize yourself like the XB1 Elite? Sorry, can't watch the video atm.

WadeitOut

Former Scuf owner current Elite controller owner. Scuf is trash in comparison. Build quality is weak and their cheap paint coats always chip.

And I have no idea if OP is advertising for Scuf or what but this isn't some Elite controller rival it's just their new Scuf Infinity line. And it exists for both controllers. And it has for a while now this isn't even new. It's basically just a Scuf with the new piece that lets you swap out sticks.

I bought a 4PS for Advanced Warfare and it completely broke. They wanted an exorbitant amount of money to send it back for repair.

Since then I just switch my jump button to L1... The paddles are nice but they aren't needed.

This thread honestly just feels like a very thinly veiled attempt to get people to check out your YouTube channel (and also get more free products)

WadeitOut

I'm still trying to figure out why OP is;

A) Advertising the Scuf Infinity now when it was shown a long time ago.
B) Making it seem like this is a PS4 thing in order to rival the Elite when there is also the Xbox One infinity controller.

So I bought a 4PS for Advanced Warfare and it completely broke. They wanted an exorbitant amount of money to send it back for repair.

Since then I just switch my jump button to L1... The paddles are nice but they aren't needed.

The trigger stops are cheap pieces of plastic that use a rubber pad to cushion the trigger. Problem there being that the stupid rubber cushion piece is just lightly stuck on and falls off or gets torn up easily. I contacted Scuf and convinced them to send me replacement trigger stops except they never actually sent them.

Gusto

Former Scuf owner current Elite controller owner. Scuf is trash in comparison. Build quality is weak and their cheap paint coats always chip.

And I have no idea if OP is advertising for Scuf or what but this isn't some Elite controller rival it's just their new Scuf Infinity line. And it exists for both controllers. And it has for a while now this isn't even new. It's basically just a Scuf with the new piece that lets you swap out sticks.

I currently own an Elite and thought of getting one of those USB adapters that will allow you to play Xbox controller on PS4 but, the Xbox controllers don't have the touch pad and my gamer OCD acts up mixing MS and Sony.

oSoLucky

Not sure when $400 became a ridiculous amount of money. They're obviously adults with jobs and doing decently for their family.

This thread honestly just feels like a very thinly veiled attempt to get people to check out your YouTube channel (and also get more free products)

Also, I thought you couldn't link to your own pages/videos here? Maybe I'm wrong, since there are those m0dus and orioto threads.

Sirim

It looks like it has some kind of skin disease.

Also, clearly a paid advertisement. Go tell them it looks like it has some kind of skin disease.

Top Bottom