• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCUF Releases a New PS4 Controller to Rival the Xbox Elite Controller

Holy shit you guys. Reading all these comments on the first page about how SCUF quality is shit while XBONE Elite controller is god's gift is fucking HILARIOUS! You know MS got SCUF to make the elite controller right?! Fucking A

They didn't make the Elite controller. SCUF got a deal to make the official accessories, though they still haven't released any. It was MS throwing them a bone since they were going to be taking business away from them by releasing the Elite.

All I want from the PS4 controller is for them to add a bunch of weights to the internals.
It's too light, which makes it feel cheap.

I've accepted the fact that they're not going to change the buttons to something that makes sense, and that the thumbsticks are never going to be moved.

Piichan

Banned
The only thing I want improved on the DS4 is its battery life. I'd rather just get a second DS4 than this overly expensive gross looking thing.

Crayon

All I want from the PS4 controller is for them to add a bunch of weights to the internals.
It's too light, which makes it feel cheap.

I've accepted the fact that they're not going to change the buttons to something that makes sense, and that the thumbsticks are never going to be moved.

I wish I could just fill things with weights and sell them to you for a jacked up price.

Would you be interested in some Beats?

NateDrake

What an ugly controller. I rather buy 3 normal DualShock 4s and just play them till they break than drop $200 on that horrid thing.

warheat

I just burned about $400 for a 4PS for my kids for Christmas

image.php

laxu

As an avid Steam Controller user the only real improvement in this thing is the back paddles and even then it should have four of them as that's one of the few gripes I have with the Steam Controller.

The price is absurd, just like it is for the Elite controller.

//DEVIL//

You've spent $400+ on custom PS4 controllers?

Jesus fucking christ.

the max i spent on a controller was a 100$ for the Xbox elite controller off my friend ( brand new, just the seal was opened. he didn't play with it, got it as a gift and doesn't have xbox even lol )

even then i felt like i am spending too much money.

eloxx

Hm, doesn't look too bad. Always wanted a SCUF. I would rather have a Elite Dualshock 4 by Sony. Would buy that in a heartbeat.

deim0s

Huh.

So i went to the website and customed w/o the hideous grip, came out at $144.

All in all, still too expensive.

I was contemplating buying one, got to the checkout, it was $279 Canadian. I didn't even add half of the fancy features, but I can buy the ms elite for $169 .... I think I will pass.

I am just ordering more thumbsticks and triggers from eBay to repair my sloppy original ds4 sigh..

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
There is more to an elite controller then paddles and swappable thumbsticks etc.

The biggest improvement by far is the hardened plastic rings around the thumbsticks keeping them buttery smooth and general build quality enhancements.

I bought a 4PS for Advanced Warfare and it completely broke. They wanted an exorbitant amount of money to send it back for repair.

Since then I just switch my jump button to L1... The paddles are nice but they aren't needed.

FUCK this company.

I'm good.

Otnopolit

I was excited, until I heard the bad word of mouth in this thread. Sony really needs to get an officially licensed controller that rivals the Elite, I'd shell good money for one.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Look up one post

yeah it's kinda fascinating how he manages to not acknowledge any post regarding his astroturfing, he linking to his wife channel who sponsor SCUF and the fact this isn't a new product. lol

edit:
lol did he just now edit out the link to his and his wife's monetized youtube channel? lolx2

Top Bottom