• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SE announces Chaos Rings III (iOS/Android) and Chaos Rings III Prequel Trilogy (Vita)

Sorral

All four games? Wow nice value for that price.
Yeah, four:

5dae3181.jpg

I actually want this now.

Gvaz

Banned
I didn't like chaos rings that much on the mobile devices

too expensive, and too chunky.

A bundle pack with a new game, i'll buy this.

It looks a hell of a lot like xenoblade so that itself makes it worthwhile.

edit: saw more screenshots, yeah im buying the fuck out of this.

Nocturn

Neo Member
Well now that its officially confirmed that the Vita one comes with the prior games, I won't have to play Part 2 on my phone. I'll just wait. If it even comes out west.

I'm by no means familiar with the Chaos Rings series, so I could be totally wrong about this, but my impression of the screens is that it now looks much more like a Kingdom Hearts or tri-Ace game than the rest of the series. Something about the character designs and the colors. I guess they're targeting a younger crowd?

Boooo. I liked that Chaos Rings was a more mature JRPG (and by mature I mean it had older protagonists). Now we got typical garbage...

Wilsongt

Wow. All three on vita? I've enjoyed the Chaos Rings games but my iPod battery hates them. I'd love to play them with real controls.

This is unbelievable. Square Enix finally gets a great game on mobile and they still fuck it up by completely changing the art style to generic JRPG bs. Why ruin a good thing?

Nimby

Banned
So this is that mobile game that I didn't pay attention because 'mobiru'.

Hope this is a trend, less mobile more Vita/3DS.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Interesting rendition of the main theme in the second half of the trailer. The Omega version was so good that I'd often take a while before loading the game only so I could hear it fully.

Music in CR is always pretty good. I'm glad that Noriyasu Agematsu is still on board.

Top Bottom