• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sean Murray's message to you before playing No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhayes86

I have had little to no interest in this game from the beginning (though I'm legitimately curious about how it turns out), but I really like Sean Murray. Every press release or interview, the guy is so incredibly humble.

gablekevin

Neo Member
I cant wait for the game and im sure its going to deliver on everything i want it to be. I hope this makes them super rich and they can work on whatever they want to next without fear of going broke.

dano1

A Sheep
Definitely buying the game. But I might wait until I get my Neo and probably 3 updates in.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
If you 100% his previous games, Joe Danger / Joe Danger 2, you're given a secret email address to contact him. If you do you get a very heartfelt, individualized reply and a little booklet that tells the history of the ups and downs of the studio and the games' development.
This is really special.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Fuck you GAF. I fell for the hype and preordered it on PSN.

q0dqd78.gif

RexNovis

Banned
If you 100% his previous games, Joe Danger / Joe Danger 2, you're given a secret email address to contact him. If you do you get a very heartfelt, individualized reply and a little booklet that tells the history of the ups and downs of the studio and the games' development.

I had no idea. Wow. I own both of those games but I'm far from 100%ing them. I might just have to do that now so I can personally thank him for what he has helped create. What an incredible secret.

Arttemis

Shit, I am trying to build some savings, but I'm really tempted to preorder this right now. On principle, it seems worth it, but i know I've wanted this game due to its endless design and style of content since it was announced.

What a refreshing forward from a refreshingly progressive studio.

Cornbread78

Wow, great message to gamers, so real.

I'm not really into this kinda game, but that is some really cool stuff to connect to fans.

Soma

Yknow what fuck the cynicism and whatever jadedness I feel towards game development and whatnot.

I genuinely wish the best for Sean and his team despite whatever I might feel about the game when I eventually play it.

iratA

Love this letter, its so personal and, if you've watched his interviews you will notice this is Sean all over. Honest and extremely humble. Been on board with this since Day 1. Bring on the Universe!

Really hope this game does well for them. They deserve it more than most. Thank you Sean and the team at Hello Games. Can't wait!

That's all class there, ladies and gentleman.

It's humble, succinct and from the heart. This is a man that literally put his blood, sweat and tears into this game and I can tell that not only was it a labor of love; but it's something that he truly, honestly hopes that everyone enjoys.

If 100% was the highest I could like No Man's Sky - it just jumped to 200% after reading that.

Not gonna lie, Sean's approach to the lead up to this game makes me want to buy the game just for how cool and humble he's been. Genuinely happy for the guy.

Trojan

Sean Murray is such a genuine guy. Even if this game is terrible, he deserves my money. But we all know this game is going to deliver.

Feels inappropriate and completely calculated to get a reaction like this. Hope the game cane speak for itself because the "gee wiz guys I really hope you like it" thing is sort of played out at this point.

ironcreed

Banned
Phil-Dunphy-thumbs-up-Modern-Family-GIF.gif

Thanks for taking your time and busting your asses to bring us this sort of game. Some of the things that it will allow us to do has been a long time coming.

OuterLimits

This reminds me of reading cool letters to the player from Kou Shibusawa in most Koei strategy games manuals(which were super thick) as a kid.

Sean, get some rest man. No need to stress that some people won't enjoy it. Many people will have a blast playing it.

Beautiful and heartfelt. I can only imagine the pressure he and the team have been feeling with the immense hype the internet made out of this game from its very first trailer.

Really hope the game is a success

Feels inappropriate and completely calculated to get a reaction like this. Hope the game cane speak for itself because the "gee wiz guys I really hope you like it" thing is sort of played out at this point.

Yeah like I'm getting sick of these letters in the boxes of everyyyyy game nowadays.

If you've ever seen this guy talk about the game, or talk about his time in the industry, or his love for sci-fi, this comes across as completely genuine.

ps3ud0

Cool so is this in all the physical copies or just PS4 ones?

Reminds me of the note in W3 that CDPR left...

EDIT: Ahh reviewer only - never mind!

ps3ud0 8)

Wow, that was touching.

Dude needs to get some rest now, as do the rest of the devs. Talking about having slept very little and not eaten much when describing the Twitch stream they had up earlier today.

Looking forward to seeing the reviews, but looking even more forward to this Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom