• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seeming surge of hate crimes, assaults, intimidation in wake of Trump victory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, that kmscodi guy is a fucking idiot.

Gotta love how they simultaneously denounce stories of minories attacked and use the video as evidence minorities are dangerous. In both instances of attacks to and from Trump supporters, that was the behavior Trump and his campaign supported. They wanted people afraid and hateful. It's working.

Sai-kun

Banned
One of my friends' facebook statuses tonight:

Ok so someone just snatched my scarf off my head and said "cut that shit out Trump 2016" and I turned around and was like "I am not Muslim I'm just cold???" And then he looked at me real hard as if he was trying to tell and then he just nodded and walked away. Like fuck??? Fuck, man. I have no words

I am fucking livid. Just...

I'm a white male, but my wife is half hispanic and half asian. I'm scared to death for her as she works downtown in Indianapolis and has to walk over a mile from a parking garage to get to her job. I don't know how to cope with being this worried about her simply getting to work...

Machina

Banned
This is what you voted for, America. The Divided States of America. Civil unrest is going to be the story of this mans presidency, and it's only going to breed more extremism.

Why should we be surprised? The evangelical loons got their president.

Across two jobs, 90% of my coworkers have been black or hispanic high school students. I don't even know how I would react if one of them became a victim of this swelling violence.

This is sickening.

ironmang

While the video needs context, the Twitter you're sourcing from is a trump supporter

lol@mob beating, car theft, and dragging him with his own car needing context or mattering who posts it. btw situations like this, though not quite as horrific, were happening for months. just go check youtube and youll find plenty of videos of trump supporters getting harassed and beaten when leaving rallies. both sides have a lot of horrible people.

One of my friends' facebook statuses tonight:

I am fucking livid. Just...

Imma be real, I live in MA in Boston so I don't exactly expect to see or especially be targeted by a hate crime but if I see any shit like that happen, I am straight up retaliating.

Sorry. No excuses. You start pulling at a lady's headscarf or threatening her children I will put you down.

Zapages

Why do I feel like we are headed towards the days when we lived in the 1960s with all the protests and civil unrest.

lacinius

Why do I feel like we are headed towards the days when we lived in the 1960s with all the protests and civil unrest.

RFK, 5-April-1968
When you teach a man to hate and fear his brother, when you teach that he is a lesser man because of his color or his beliefs or the policies he pursues, when you teach that those who differ from you threaten your freedom or your job or your family, then you also learn to confront others not as fellow citizens but as enemies - to be met not with cooperation but with conquest, to be subjugated and mastered.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
My wife's mother teaches at a HS in Missouri. 3 boys jumped a trans girl today and roughed her up. Said they were gonna "Trump the bitch" which is so stupid sounding only a teen could concoct it :/

Lime

So is the poster.

Like how the video is also in response to tweets of abuse by Trump supporters. This whole thing is fucking stupid.

Fuck these kids, fuck the Trump supporters that abused the people in the OP and further along in the thread, fuck us for letting it get this far.

My friend, it's not on you for letting it get this far. You've already done enough. This might be a relevant read http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/fuck-everything-and-blame-everyone-1788754876

Yudoken

I'm still baffled that Donald wasn't charged with something while he was campaigning.
I mean it's ridiculous how much he and his supporters wanted to arrest Clinton while Donald is charged with over 100 crimes (and many more which he should).
All the talk about freedom and justice is ridiculous if you actually saw what he did.
Many people with late night shows like John Oliver, Seth Rogers and Steven Colbert showed regularly him much of a "lying", "crooked" and many other things he said actually apply to himself.
It's just shocking how many things he said and did was not having any bigger consequences while meanwhile the FBI news about Hillarys Server blew up.
Every time I've heard people making Hillary bad was just crazy if you compared to what Donald did.
Also like any other regualr job you should be qualified which donald clearly wasn't and even worked with some really dubious people in the past, present and very clearly in the future.
Also its ridiculous that there is no rule that you need at least 5 years of experience in politics to even apply as a president.

This whole thing will have a negative impact worldwide, that's for sure.

This mess shows how broken the United states really is and will open a new dark middle age to the country.

Literally any awfull human being has a chance to be a president in the us now.

And now more and more people will openly be terrible to more people just because they're not like them.

R0ckman

I truly believe this is coming.

People get uncomfortable when the Black Panthers get brought up but the fear of Black Americans exercising their rights while also being intimidating was enough to ruffle some feathers.

When minorities get mad, people get scared. These assholes are pushing this farther than they can handle. Then they will be wimpy and scared when we start fighting back.

I'm starting to realize how dumb these extremists are, what happens when you are making groups of nationalities your enemy at the same time? How stupid can one be to make multiple enemies at once?

No statistics on this yet, so yada yada selective filtering whatever this is from just five minutes of looking through my Twitter feed.

This is fucking terrifying

Cw2iRoTXcAIlC85.jpg

Cw2bC1vUUAAWxyd.jpg:large

X2yY94z.png

Cw3QxiqXEAEQQxG.jpg:large

Cw2OLfiWgAI6qEa.jpg

There is no racism in america nothing to see here.

B.O.O.M

I'm just sad honestly hearing/seeing all these incidents :( What has become of such a great country (I'm an international student living here).

Then again, this probably means it never really was that great. Thank fuck that I had to only live iin the great north west and Western Texas

Esiquio

Why is a post like this allowed? Honest question.

Because it's true. I spoke with other Trump supporters and showed them the pictures in this thread, and they were all really excited and happy about it. There were no exceptions.

I also showed this video of three young black men beating a Trump supporter to fellow Democrats:
https://twitter.com/kmscodi/status/796554667748716545

They also loved this video, and agreed we needed more of this kind of thing, all around. Especially loved the part where he is held to the car and dragged alongside!

Now, for real, if you look at the upset reactions here in this thread to that video, is it really that hard to imagine that most Trump supporters would be sickened by the terrible shit that some asshole Trump supporters are doing? Or is everyone that supports Trump that extreme and bloodthirsty?

This is it, isn't it? This is how it all ends...

I hope that Obama signs/passes something similar to hate crime that not even Trump will be allowed to touch before he leaves office.

Just because that Trump is elected president, doesn't mean you're given a free pass to do some fucked up shit like that.

A good friend's Asian wife was grilled by one of her students - children students - if she was here legally today. The fuck is this.
But don't talk to your kid students about politics! They're too young to understand! Parents brainwashing them into bigots, that shouldn't be challenged though!

This video is nothing. A lot of people are gonna die over the next 4 years in random attacks. The new president is lenient towards white supremacy and actively sought support from white supremacists. The system didn't protect us from that so don't expect people to honestly debate whose fault it is.

It's not even a Democrat vs Republican issue anymore. It's just 2 sides and whether we like it or not we'll be forced to pick one no matter what shitty things they do.

rrtyu

Neo Member
I'd expect a serious increase in domestic terror attacks in the next few years.

You can only press down on something so hard, before it shoots back up, and that is what is going to happen across the nation now that trump is in charge. Minorities will not take this standing down, too many of them have already been down that road, it's a road they did not win. They have tasted freedom, and every ounce of hate directed their way will only make them crave it more. You cannot beat this with fear.

I can't help but remember Syria in 2011, when Assad proceeded to gun down scores of innocent protesters for voicing their concerns. In a span of few months, a country which most thought was stable and united, turned into a brutal quagmire of death for now over 5 years. The people their didn't see the government or police as their friends, but their enemy. A sentiment that is becoming alarmingly common with groups from both sides.

I only pray President Trump has the ability to deal with the unrest in a way that doesn't doom us all. Sadly, I don't think he does.

Because it's true. I spoke with other Trump supporters and showed them the pictures in this thread, and they were all really excited and happy about it. There were no exceptions.

I also showed this video of three young black men beating a Trump supporter to fellow Democrats:
https://twitter.com/kmscodi/status/796554667748716545

They also loved this video, and agreed we needed more of this kind of thing, all around. Especially loved the part where he is held to the car and dragged alongside!

Now, for real, if you look at the upset reactions here in this thread to that video, is it really that hard to imagine that most Trump supporters would be sickened by the terrible shit that some asshole Trump supporters are doing? Or is everyone that supports Trump that extreme and bloodthirsty?
All I learned from this post is that you have some really shitty associations.

NSFW Longer version but it has some stupid music added along to it...wtf they stole his car and it dragged him along in it
https://twitter.com/MiddleOfMayhem/status/796545047915331586

Awful, man.

Lime

I'm just sad honestly hearing/seeing all these incidents :( What has become of such a great country (I'm an international student living here).

Then again, this probably means it never really was that great. Thank fuck that I had to only live iin the great north west and Western Texas

This is nothing new, minorities have known this for ages. The US is built on the rape, murder, pillaging, enslavement, segregation, lynching, and systematic oppression of nonwhite bodies and what you're seeing is white supremacy unmasked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom