• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seeming surge of hate crimes, assaults, intimidation in wake of Trump victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelation

I live in Tijuana and we usually go for the Black Friday deals... seriously double thinking going this year, not afraid of what they may do/say to me. It's my family i am worried about, they are all woman and they mainly speak spanish.

I live in Tijuana and we usually go for the Black Friday deals... seriously double thinking going this year, not afraid of what they may do/say to me. It's my family i am worried about, they are all woman and they mainly speak spanish.

Come on vato.

It's California.

It's Mexico 2.0

Texas on the other hand. No way I would want to go there

Red

CEO of PacketSled now also supposedly under investigation by the Secret Service for:

https://i.sli.mg/kXjDHu.png
I understand people are angry, but planning to murder the president-elect does not really further the cause. It would turn him into a martyr and further unify his base. And telling people you're going to kill him—on fucking Facebook—is the dumbest possible thing you can do to express your disdain, or give your plan any realistic chance of succeeding.

Kinsei

Banned
Assassinating Trump is not a good idea. It guarantees Pence will be calling the shots. With Trump, it'll be a surprise which way things go. With Pence, it'd be nothing but bad through and through.

I think the people that think they'll be able to assassinate Trump also think they'll be able to get away and assassinate Pence at a later date. They're not very bright.

Henkka

Banned
There is tremendous hatred... Donald J. Trump is calling for an immediate shutdown of Twitter, until our country's representatives figure out what the hell is going on.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
15068493_10208673904297391_3497060688457226911_o.jpg

Library, Reed College, Portland, Oregon, USA 11/12/2016

He needs to do this and he needs to do it fast. The fact its taking this long is just putting more fear into people. If he doesnt do this, it will be a serious mistake that may cost him his life.

Indeed. He will be haunted the moment that he's out of office if he doesn't.

And this has what to do with the content?
Upon reading on what that host is, I guess the implication is that it's pretty peculiar you'd use an image host created by alt right shitheads when imgur couldn't tolerate them anymore, and you just so happen to always be there with "but look at that Trump hate :-/" concern.

It doesn't mean that the content is false or anything, mind you, just that you're pretty fucking transparent.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm 95% certain that "Rape Melania" sign thing is fake. I'll eat crow if I end up being wrong, but it's sketchy as fuck that this sign is only talked about on alt-right rags.

Audioboxer

I don't understand why a would-be assassin would brag about it on social media.

It's 99.9% hot air as he's emotionally unstable right now. However as I said above it's an adult trying to be a millennial ~ Post stupid shit online you then end up facing grave consequences for.

I mean I don't think you can get anymore of the wrong kind of attention than by posting a death threat for the fucking president (pres-elect). On FB nonetheless with all your details... while you're also the CEO of a seemingly fairly big company. Madness.

It's 99.9% hot air as he's emotionally unstable right now. However as I said above it's an adult trying to be a millennial ~ Post stupid shit online you then end up facing grave consequences for.

I mean I don't think you can get anymore of the wrong kind of attention than by posting a death threat for the fucking president (pres-elect). On FB nonetheless with all your details... while you're also the CEO of a seemingly fairly big company. Madness.

Yeah it's definitely hot-air as you said, but all it takes is for someone to say something like this to help someone who is truly unstable.

Audioboxer

Yeah it's definitely hot-air as you said, but all it takes is for someone to say something like this to help someone who is truly unstable.

Oh no I totally agree to take it seriously. You can't go online when you're displaying overly emotional behaviour and throw in a casual threat on the life of anyone, let alone the future president.

I was just expanding my 2 cents on why it's most likely millennial day for an adult.

Airola

Trump: "We'll deport every illegal immigrant."

Pro-Trump: "Trump wants to deport every immigrant!! KILL ALL JEWS AND BLACKS AND MEXICANS AND MUSLIMS!!"

Anti-Trump: "Trump wants to deport every immigrant!! No-one is safe!! He's hateful, his supporters all are racist pieces of shit, FIGHT BACK, ASSASSINATE!!"

Yeah, I know "sheesh, not the both sides argument again" but god damn it...

Lime

Trump: "We'll deport every illegal immigrant."

Pro-Trump: "Trump wants to deport every immigrant!! KILL ALL JEWS AND BLACKS AND MEXICANS AND MUSLIMS!!"

Anti-Trump: "Trump wants to deport every immigrant!! No-one is safe!! He's hateful, his supporters all are racist pieces of shit, FIGHT BACK, ASSASSINATE!!"

Yeah, I know "sheesh, not the both sides argument again" but god damn it...

What? I'm not following you.

Airola

What? I'm not following you.

I mean, I can't understand why the talk about wanting to deport illegal immigrants is seen as deporting all immigrants - or to go so far as to want to throw every person out that even looks like they could be immigrants.

It's like with that asshole teacher who told the kid that their parents are going to be thrown out of the country.

It's bad enough that the racist assholes are hyperboling the shit out of the deporting thing and thinking their wish to get rid of people of "wrong color" is now validated. But it looks like the other side is sometimes just adding fuel to that same fire. The Trump supporters are saying all immigrants need to get the fuck out and some of the Trump opposers are saying, yeah, that's what Trump means, immigrants aren't safe here, illegal or not.

It doesn't of course help a bit that Trump hasn't really even tried to explain it better.

Joe

"I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks."

"I'm surprised to hear that."

Lime

"I think it's a small amount"

But I guess I didn't expect him to say "stop it". But the dude still has employed a white supremacist as chief of staff, so he can talk all he wants, it's not going to change about what he's doing,

I mean, I can't understand why the talk about wanting to deport illegal immigrants is seen as deporting all immigrants - or to go so far as to want to throw every person out that even looks like they could be immigrants.

It's like with that asshole teacher who told the kid that their parents are going to be thrown out of the country.

It's bad enough that the racist assholes are hyperboling the shit out of the deporting thing and thinking their wish to get rid of people of "wrong color" is now validated. But it looks like the other side is sometimes just adding fuel to that same fire. The Trump supporters are saying all immigrants need to get the fuck out and some of the Trump opposers are saying, yeah, that's what Trump means, immigrants aren't safe here, illegal or not.

It doesn't of course help a bit that Trump hasn't really even tried to explain it better.

The guy is going to ruin the entire planet with his climate change denial, he wants to create a database for all American Muslims, he's hiring comic book villains for his cabinet, his VP thinks rape victims who have abortions wants to get raped more and allocates AIDS research money into gay conversion therapy, is willing to sink his state economy because of anti-gay rights, and on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom