• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selling and Trading in your PS4 for a PS4 Pro

Sorry to bump this but im a little worried. I read in another thread you could only activate a primary system once in 6 months and download games again? Correct? Thing is, i swapped my HDD one week ago and now a deal came up for the pro. Am I good or is there a problem because of this 6 months thing?

Sorry to bump this but im a little worried. I read in another thread you could only activate a primary system once in 6 months and download games again? Correct? Thing is, i swapped my HDD one week ago and now a deal came up for the pro. Am I good or is there a problem because of this 6 months thing?

The 6 month thing is just for deactivation from the website (if you do not have access to the system itself). If you have the PS4 in question, you can deactivate it from the Settings -> Playstation Network/Account Settings -> Deactivate as primary. You can do this as many times as you want if on the machine in question. If you do a transfer from PS4 to Pro it even asks you if you want to do it automatically.

The 6 month thing is just for deactivation from the website (if you do not have access to the system itself). If you have the PS4 in question, you can deactivate it from the Settings -> Playstation Network/Account Settings -> Deactivate as primary. You can do this as many times as you want if on the machine in question. If you do a transfer from PS4 to Pro it even asks you if you want to do it automatically.

Thx you so much for your clarification and help. Now i can trade in without beeing worried.

aajohnny

Bumping this. Can I swap the larger HDD I put into my current PS4 and put it in the PS4 Pro? I'm assuming saves and stuff i'll have to backup separate but as long as I can use my 2 TB without buying a new I'll be happy...

Bumping this. Can I swap the larger HDD I put into my current PS4 and put it in the PS4 Pro? I'm assuming saves and stuff i'll have to backup separate but as long as I can use my 2 TB without buying a new I'll be happy...

You can absolutely use your larger HDD in your Pro, but you can't "swap" it without reformatting. You'll probably want to:

1. yank the stock 1TB out of the Pro
2. put it in a usb enclosure
3. back up your OG PS4 to the usb drive
4. swap the 2TB from your OG to the Pro
5. restore backup data from usb to the Pro

ParityBit

Bump again.

I am looking to do this at Gamestop on Friday, but how do I back-up any saved data or rather what is the best way to do this?

Do I wipe the thing, or do they do that for me at the store?
What about my account? Do I deactivate it on my current PS4?

Top Bottom