• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selling and Trading in your PS4 for a PS4 Pro

n0razi

Yep. I have a sexy white PS4 that I'd love to trade in but $150 is just not enough and Gamestop doesn't want my replaced 1TB hard drive anyway.

Sold mine (Destiny white with 1tb drive) for almost $300 a few months ago in anticipation of Pro. Value has obviously tanked a few days from Pro launch.

majik13

So I found a pretty decent scratch across the bottom of my PS4. I need to ship it to Amazon today before I get charged on my card for the giftcard they gave me. Any ideas for a quick fix in alleviating scratches on the textured matte black plastic?

Amazon asks if there are any significant scratches when submitting. Think they will care that much?

I already tried toothpaste and vaseline. Tooth paste kinda worked on the glossy plastic.

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out.

Try rebuilding database?

Didnt see this till now, but I figured it out shortly after anyways. And it was this same suggestion, rebuilding the database from safe mode, that led to mostly fixing the issue.

breakfuss

Just called Gamestop and they told me to wait to trade. I'm like, "doesn't the thing come out Thursday". He replies "yes" but that if there is a deal he won't know until tomorrow at the earliest. What kind of fuckery is this?

Man I just want to unload the thing and be done with it. Though honestly I'd rather do so with a store over a private buyer because I think these launch units will eventually bite the dust considering the fan and eject button issues so many of us report having.

Just called Gamestop and they told me to wait to trade. I'm like, "doesn't the thing come out Thursday". He replies "yes" but that if there is a deal he won't know until tomorrow at the earliest. What kind of fuckery is this?

Man I just want to unload the thing and be done with it. Though honestly I'd rather do so with a store over a private buyer because I think these launch units will eventually bite the dust considering the fan and eject button issues so many of us report having.
Honestly don't think there will be a deal since these are usually known days in advance, really sucks but at least their trade value went up.

Humdinger

Gamestop fuckery! I agree with the bloke above: it's unlikely there will be any new deals. But I guess we'll have to wait until Thursday to know for sure.

dedhead54

$150 from GameStop isnt that bad IMO. Sure you could get more selling via Craigslist or something but theres a certain level of convenience you get trading for credit at GS. Luckily i also have a white OG XB1 i'm trading in as well.

$150 from GameStop isnt that bad IMO. Sure you could get more selling via Craigslist or something but theres a certain level of convenience you get trading for credit at GS. Luckily i also have a white OG XB1 i'm trading in as well.
It's definitely better than what they were giving earlier this year.

Humdinger

I'll end up getting $150 from Gamestop, then. It's less than I'd like, but I prefer the convenience of a shop, rather than having to ship stuff.

AkumaNiko

Two things.

A.) Get the target wish list app and they give you a 10% off coupon for your first purchase, gaming consoles usually apply.

B.) Someone sell me on a ps4 pro. I have a 4k tv and a ps4 slim i have not even unwrapped yet.

Im looking forward to FFXV, persona 5 and a few others, along with Titanfall 2, Odin sphere, grand kingdom ect.

Is it worth it for 4k even tho the bluray player is not HD?

Humdinger

B.) Someone sell me on a ps4 pro. I have a 4k tv and a ps4 slim i have not even unwrapped yet.

I responded to your question in the other thread, but bottom line, the Pro is a much better deal than the Slim, and unless you're absolutely strapped for cash (which I'm guessing you're not, since you own a 4K TV), getting the Pro rather than the Slim is a no-brainer.

Read the OT. It details the benefits nicely.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1310943

I'm not interested in "selling" anyone on it, but I think getting the Slim rather than the Pro is a mistake.

Boss Man

Two things.

A.) Get the target wish list app and they give you a 10% off coupon for your first purchase, gaming consoles usually apply.

Im looking forward to FFXV, persona 5 and a few others, along with Titanfall 2, Odin sphere, grand kingdom ect.

Is it worth it for 4k even tho the bluray player is not HD?
It's kind of a tough sell for people who already own a PS4, but it's a pretty obvious choice if you don't.

splattered

Reading over at Cheap@ss that the new weekly GS ad is out and they are NOT offering any trade-in deals towards the PRO... wtf? Why has EVERYONE been told to hold onto their consoles this whole time? Ugh

Humdinger

Just got back from trading in my old PS4 at Gamestop (150) and then paying off my PS4 Pro order in full. Ready to pick it up tomorrow! :)

Copper

My gamestop said they are offering $200 for it. I already reserved my pro and will be in tomorrow to trade my OG in.

splattered

My gamestop said they are offering $200 for it. I already reserved my pro and will be in tomorrow to trade my OG in.

Weird... I called my local Gamestop and he checked the computer and confirmed they have zero trade in specials going on for it right now. :/

n0razi

Yeah but you still have to buy it from Gamestop since its credit. So trade in your PS4 and get $150 credit and pay another ~$280 on top with tax ($430).

Or you can sell the OG PS4 privately for say $200 and pay $385 shipped on this deal (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1311294). Then you are out only ~$185 vs ~$280

Then there's people like me who got ~$250-$300 for the OG PS4 for selling a little earlier.

Yeah. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about too. Hopefully they keep their word.

Probably quoted you on the PS4 Slim price. Thats the trade in value for that and the XB1 Slim. Someone else on CAG had the same response and that was the consensus.

Ended up trading mine in tonight because I was worried the value might fall overnight. Still feels pretty good getting this for $0 out of pocket (Abused the 40% bonus on the Pokemon games and got rid of a bunch of games and stuff I never used anyway)

My USB port went bad this morning when my puppy ran over the cord and it pulled hard on the system. I had a Best Buy warranty on it so they gave me a $380 gift card to use tomorrow on the Pro.

Thank you, asshole puppy.

E2l60Ji.jpg

Copper

Probably quoted you on the PS4 Slim price. Thats the trade in value for that and the XB1 Slim. Someone else on CAG had the same response and that was the consensus.

Ended up trading mine in tonight because I was worried the value might fall overnight. Still feels pretty good getting this for $0 out of pocket (Abused the 40% bonus on the Pokemon games and got rid of a bunch of games and stuff I never used anyway)

No he said original. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

TriAceJP

Are PS4s with PT still selling high?

I want the Pro if it benefits FFXV but I don't want to spend more than $150 on it.

Banned
EB games Canada offering $210 to trade in for the Pro. My Wii U with all its accessories and amiibo will almost pay off the entire console.

LowParry

Are PS4s with PT still selling high?

I want the Pro if it benefits FFXV but I don't want to spend more than $150 on it.

We may get some detail of the Pro version of FFXV tonight with their ATR. So hopefully we get these details to help those who want a Pro for FFXV.

So my eBay buyer is a dude who registered the same day the bid ended, and has zero rating. He's not paying me, and here's the problem:

eBay did this odd thing where they offered me $250 for the PS4, even if it doesn't reach that price, as long as I use their settings (I talked about this earlier in the thread).

As far as I can tell they're no longer doing that deal, so if this guy doesn't pay, I no longer get it. This jerk is cutting a large out of what I should be getting.

Think eBay will do anything about this?

Maligna

Banned
Sooo... If one wanted to trade in their PS4 to GameStop, what steps should be taken to make sure no one can get a hold of my PSN details etc?

Likewise, kinda off topic but I'm wondering the same about the 3DS.

What is the process for both?

Edit: D'oh, should have looked above. Although my question still stands for 3DS.

lt519

Craigslist and LetGo are getting a lot of hits for $180 on the PS4. Seems to be the tipping point for most people, $200 is a tad too much in my area. Going to unload it for that.

Sorry to bump this thread, but has anyone actually figured out how to sell their PS4 using Wal-Mart's cexchange website? I don't think I've ever seen a more incompetent site. I can't find anywhere to make an account, and nowhere to actually begin the process of getting a shipping label.

Maybe Chrome is the problem? I only have a chromebook on me right now, so I can't test other browsers.

I've got what seems like a serious offer for my PS4 (500 GB launch) from Craigslist. I am selling console, cables, controller and 4 games (COD: Blops3, Battlefront, Division, and Borderlands Collection). Buyer offered $240 for everything (I listed for $260).

Wondering if I should pull the trigger. Also, anyone have suggestions for a good public place to trade safely. Thinking somewhere with readily available outlets to show the console works (maybe Starbucks or something?). Thanks.

That's not too bad, but I'd advise anyone considering selling the old one to try to sell it to a friend or on Craigslist for $200 or something. Depends on where you live of course, but also consider letgo and offer up.

I'll buy an old model ps4 off of anybody'so hands for $165 though lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
Just curious how recently you sold this. That seems incredibly lucrative if it was recent.

Not sure about him, but yesterday, via Craigslist, I sold my launch PS4, 2 controllers and 5 old games for $325.

CL and Letgo are at around $200 for just the PS4 and 1 controller.

I've got what seems like a serious offer for my PS4 (500 GB launch) from Craigslist. I am selling console, cables, controller and 4 games (COD: Blops3, Battlefront, Division, and Borderlands Collection). Buyer offered $240 for everything (I listed for $260).

Wondering if I should pull the trigger. Also, anyone have suggestions for a good public place to trade safely. Thinking somewhere with readily available outlets to show the console works (maybe Starbucks or something?). Thanks.

Police station

AndyD

aka andydumi
Police station

Heh, some cities have safe exchange stations with power and surveillance. I choose well lit camera covered parking lots of grocery stores, target, places where people are coming and going non-stop. Never had an issue in dozens of buy/sells on CL.

Top Bottom