• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selling and Trading in your PS4 for a PS4 Pro

Are there any UK users here that have seen any good trade in deals? The only one ive seen is Shopto but i would prefer somewhere that I can just walk in and hand over the console.

Game are doing that PS4 500gb + any 5 games (excluding FIFA or whatever) and get the pro for £175.

ps4_pro_half_price_game.jpg

Asked in another thread, but this thread seems to be a much better place to ask. I know once we get closer, GAF will have an official layout of all this, but if I have a 2TB HD in my OG PS4, and am fine with the 1TB HD on the Pro, can I choose what games I want to transfer over ethernet or is that method solely for full system transfers?

DOWN

Banned
Asked in another thread, but this thread seems to be a much better place to ask. I know once we get closer, GAF will have an official layout of all this, but if I have a 2TB HD in my OG PS4, and am fine with the 1TB HD on the Pro, can I choose what games I want to transfer over ethernet or is that method solely for full system transfers?
Just delete the games you don't want to transfer before you initiate the transfer

whoaduh

I'm not having luck with Craigslist, which I dread anyways.

Hoping my local game store will cut me a decent trade in deal.

After about a dozen trade offers consisting anywhere from an xbox to free tattoo work, i finally got someone who wanted to pay actual money and I had cash in hand and she had a ps4 an hour later. Sometimes you just gotta hang in there a little. Sold mine for 200 with two controllers. Thought that was a fair deal for both of us.

CSX

Was scared for a sec but someone finally was willing to buy my PS4 plus two games for $250 lol. Hopefully I won't get duped. We meeting up at a police parking lot and he agreed to it.

Symphonia

Banned
If I backup my data on my PS4, will it just copy the data or will it move it? What I mean is, will there be any data left on my system if I choose to back up now?

If I backup my data on my PS4, will it just copy the data or will it move it? What I mean is, will there be any data left on my system if I choose to back up now?

It'll just copy it to the external device. Your PS4 will remain exactly as you left it after the backup is complete.

Pejo

Still can't decide if I want to trade in my PS4 or just give it to the GF. There still doesn't seem to be any killer deals on trade-in, so I might just go with the second option.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
It's actually £150 when you factor in the £20 deposit. I'm also taking in a few extra games to get more money off.

You can probably do a lot better via private sale on craigslist, etc.....I'm in the U.S., and I sold my PS4 and controller with all the required cables for $220.

Namikaze

As much as I want a Pro (which I said I wouldn't get -_-), my PS4 has a 1TB SSHD in it...after seeing the trade in prices (not dealing with Craigslist for something like this), I'd rather hold on to it, maybe give it to a friend or something

Still can't decide if I want to trade in my PS4 or just give it to the GF. There still doesn't seem to be any killer deals on trade-in, so I might just go with the second option.
Same position. Want to keep my launch PS4 in the living room mostly to replace my PS3 who acted as the home entertainment system for the family ever since the PS4 arrived. Could also be used as a 2nd PS4 for my sister who wants to play Persona 5 next year (was basically going to rent it on PS3 for her but I don't think my PS3 will make it until next year since its showing signs of Yellow Light of Death).

But then again, I could use a cheaper PS4 Pro XD
Specially since I bought a PSVR too T_T

jrcbandit

Walmart offering $178 is pretty good, or you can try Craigslist for $200 - throw in a few older games like I did you can get $215-220ish on Craigslist. The 2nd buyer I found the transaction went through quickly and painlessly.

Only problem with Craigslist are the assholes who want to waste your time for no apparent reason. Some idiot wasted 2 hours of my time, luckily I was reading a book and chatting with people for most of it so I wasn't bored. I don't understand, if you have no real intention or buying something or change your mind, why wouldn't you say so? He asked for a video to show the console working with a game disc, turning off/on and agreed to meet like an hour later. Seemed like a serious buyer. I was at Starbucks and he didn't reply to any texts so I was about to leave when I tried calling him which so happen to be a different phone number so he picked up. Said he was delayed and would be there in 15 minutes but of course 40 minutes later was still no where to be seen. I wonder if I had used the phone number that was the same as texting (Google voice for texting) if he would have even answered the phone. Why not just say he changed his mind or something?

Palmer27

It's actually £150 when you factor in the £20 deposit. I'm also taking in a few extra games to get more money off.

Ah fair enough then - when you say trading in extra games do you mean just regular trade ins, there's not like a greater reduction if you trade in more games?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I'll be putting mine out to stud*

Well, it will be going back in its launch day shadow fall box...

Lucreto

I am hearing Gamestop Ireland have reached their preorder limit and are no longer give the €195 for your old PS4.

Feck.

Hypron

I wanted to do that but the blu-ray drive in my PS4 started fucking up. It's so frustrating because it was working perfectly months ago... I didn't play the console at all for a few months and then when I do it's not working properly anymore >.<

The mechanism that pulls the disk in the console doesn't pull the disk in anymore.

VertPin

I sold my PS4 back in July when GameStop was matching their cash value with their trade in value. I only gained $200, but that's still half price for wait I paid for three years ago (launch model)!

My Pro will be here on the 10th, I am so excited.

Vaga

Dammit, still having second thoughts about selling my PS4 MGS edition. Why does it have to be this beautiful...

Mikey Jr.

Wait, is this thing really going to be supply constrained? Specifically in north America? Is that the general consensus?

Or can I get it a week later after it releases?

strideramc

Traded in my PS4 on Amazon about 8 weeks ago with the intent to use it on a pro. Realized I could get along without for a while and canceled my pro order yesterday. Will wait for a bundle deal. Now I have about 200 in credit to Amazon.

Traded in my PS4 on Amazon about 8 weeks ago with the intent to use it on a pro. Realized I could get along without for a while and canceled my pro order yesterday. Will wait for a bundle deal. Now I have about 200 in credit to Amazon.

How Does Amazon know if the PS4 is refurbished ?
refurbished PS4 go for $178 normal ps4 go for $143

Lucreto

A email I got from Amazon

Hello,

You recently ordered "Sony PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB" in your Amazon order #205-8819725-1041935 and we're pleased to inform you that you're now entitled to an additional discount on 2 games.

"Call Of Duty: Infinite Warfare" w/ Zombie Pin Badges and Hellstorm DLC (Exclusive to Amazon.co.uk) will be available to purchase at the reduced cost of £34 and "Dishonored 2" will be available to purchase at the reduced cost of £20

Not sure about Dishonored 2 but for £20 might be worth it.

CSX

Alright my ps4 has been sold for $250. Now I don't know whether I should preorder the Pro now or just wait a bit for a potential bundle

majik13

Ok, this is frustrating. Im trying to back up my PS4 to an external exFat HDD. Its a 160gb. Ive deleted a bunch of games from my 500GB ps4 and all the captures, and almost all old saves.

System memory is is still at 370GB(didnt change), even though the colored bar is less than half filled now.
It says...

Applications is 124.4GB
Captures is 0kb
Saves 892mb
Themes 43MB
Free Space 245.4 GB
Even though all those numbers dont add up. I know this has veen a bug before. But ive at least been able to download new games after deleteding stuff before, and Ive seen my total used space drop before.

Going to back up and says the HDD doesnt have enough space because it says I still have...

2.17GB of Captures
1GB of Saves
159GB of Apps

Any fix for this? Ive restarted multiple times, restored liscene, deleted more stuff, syned tropies, tried multiple users, etc. But its always the same.

Setzer

Now to see what i do with my 20th Anniversary PS4.

Sell or just put back in box and keep.

What do these go for?

I have the Dragon Quest Metal Slime one and I really don't want to give it up but I also don't need two PS4's. This is going to be a difficult decision as it will probably be for you.

Ok, this is frustrating. Im trying to back up my PS4 to an external exFat HDD. Its a 160gb. Ive deleted a bunch of games from my 500GB ps4 and all the captures, and almost all old saves.

System memory is is still at 370GB(didnt change), even though the colored bar is less than half filled now.
It says...

Applications is 124.4GB
Captures is 0kb
Saves 892mb
Themes 43MB
Free Space 245.4 GB
Even though all those numbers dont add up. I know this has veen a bug before. But ive at least been able to download new games after deleteding stuff before, and Ive seen my total used space drop before.

Going to back up and says the HDD doesnt have enough space because it says I still have...

2.17GB of Captures
1GB of Saves
159GB of Apps

Any fix for this? Ive restarted multiple times, restored liscene, deleted more stuff, syned tropies, tried multiple users, etc. But its always the same.

Try rebuilding database?

Quonny

Right now, Walmart is offering $178.88 it appears.

Also, I saw like 3 different people (I guess it wasn't this thread, but maybe the PS4 Pro boxes getting prepped thread) say they went to trade in their PS4s at Gamestop and were told to wait until release week. Assumption was, there would be a deal. Anyone know anything about that? I am looking for the posts now.

Nothing for me. Went in today, got told jack shit.

Humdinger

I'll be interested to see if Gamestop unfurls some kind of deal in the next 48 hours. It's not looking good, but you never know.

Right now, Walmart is offering $178.88 it appears.

Also, I saw like 3 different people (I guess it wasn't this thread, but maybe the PS4 Pro boxes getting prepped thread) say they went to trade in their PS4s at Gamestop and were told to wait until release week. Assumption was, there would be a deal. Anyone know anything about that? I am looking for the posts now.
Damn, the people who went earlier got screwed over in price again lol first with GameStop and now this.

Top Bottom