• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV's Urien coming 9.23 with dailies and some stage transitions

ZeroCDR

This shit is getting ridiculous, as if they really need 10 hours just because a new patch was released. Ive never played any other multiplayer game on PS4 that has 10 hour server maintenance just because of a new patch

Yep, every time they open the hood. The games' inner workings just seems busted on a fundamental level. Just trying to play the game when the servers are working is a chore, no idea if ranked matches will ever get better.

Village

So Capcom released this statement for Street Fighter V users on PC, pretty much this is killing off any and all cheating mods such as the SFV Trainer to get past the survival round in one round.

5c3a54853d335b56f283518dd4ab16d9.png

I give it a week

Durden77

Yep, every time they open the hood. The games' inner workings just seems busted on a fundamental level. Just trying to play the game when the servers are working is a chore, no idea if ranked matches will ever get better.

I have been playing this game every night for the past 2 weeks and on and off for the past month or so I haven't had a single issue with online play besides a few instances of lag. Matchmaking works great and I find matches regularly.

What are you talking about?

RK9039

If they would have let me buy them from the start, i wouldn't even have used a trainer.

Same here, I don't even know what happened to the Zenny thing.

Honestly the only reason I used the trainer was that it took forever to get Fight Money through playing online and I was pretty much done with offline stuff.

I still went through the entire Surivial levels I just had Super health. I heard people had their entire FM taken by Capcom after they used the trainer that modifies the actual mode or something. That was always going to end up badly.

I still went through the entire Surivial levels I just had Super health. I heard people had their entire FM taken by Capcom after they used the trainer that modifies the actual mode or something. That was always going to end up badly.

Luckily I didn't have that much leftover in Fight Money, I already unlocked all the characters, costumes, and stages with the exception of Urien and a few costumes.

At work until later tonight, but if anyone gets into the update, I just wanted to know if any additional Premium Costumes are released, please?

It didn't state in the Capcom Unity update page if any additional premium costumes were being released, so I'm curious if they'll toss some in on the side.

BlizzKrut

Banned
At work until later tonight, but if anyone gets into the update, I just wanted to know if any additional Premium Costumes are released, please?

It didn't state in the Capcom Unity update page if any additional premium costumes were being released, so I'm curious if they'll toss some in on the side.

Nothing new, maybe there's something in the files but no one can see it.

ZeroCDR

I have been playing this game every night for the past 2 weeks and on and off for the past month or so I haven't had a single issue with online play besides a few instances of lag. Matchmaking works great and I find matches regularly.

What are you talking about?

It takes way too long to find ranked matches, which I want to play because I want to earn FM. Then when you connect there's a boatload of loading times. It's nice to be able to rematch best out of 3, but once the game is over I question if I want to sit through all of this just to get into another match.

Player matches is mostly fine, no real complaints there, but again I wanna earn FM.

Clawww

This game is definitely fundamentally fucked, because there's no other explanation for how battle lounge searching could still be so shitty

KingBroly

Banned
I am more worried if this kills xboxce, the dantarion .dll or mod support, any reports?

There's a large belief that this is going to kill off mod support. There's also talk that you'll need Administrator Rights to run it on PC, but I haven't seen anything truth behind it.

Producer

It seems like unless you live on one of the coasts in the US, you're gonna have a bad time.
thank god im in the west coast lol

BlizzKrut

Banned
There's a large belief that this is going to kill off mod support. There's also talk that you'll need Administrator Rights to run it on PC, but I haven't seen anything truth behind it.

The game asks me to run as an Admin when I start it on Steam now if that's what you're talking about.

Saikyo

Tried to verify cache, set the game to run in admin mode in both .exes, nothing.

When capcom tries to do a new DRM it always dont work ugh.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It takes way too long to find ranked matches, which I want to play because I want to earn FM. Then when you connect there's a boatload of loading times. It's nice to be able to rematch best out of 3, but once the game is over I question if I want to sit through all of this just to get into another match.

Player matches is mostly fine, no real complaints there, but again I wanna earn FM.

You can earn FM in casual matches, too. Set it to find both kinds.

However, if you're playing online to earn FM you're doing it the wrong way.

I can't disagree that load times are way too long, but maybe if you focus on enjoying the game and not winning 50 fun-bucks at a time, it won't bother you so much.

Love the stage transitions.
I feel that if the game came out with this much content, like released right now, the game would have been more well received. But, there's still more that should be done/added for season 2 (is this confirmed?):

-Arcade Mode
-General polish (30 fps backgrounds need to go, graphical polish...some parts of the game are pretty ugly)
-More characters/stages
-Easier way to unlock colors

What else?

ZeroCDR

You can earn FM in casual matches, too. Set it to find both kinds.

However, if you're playing online to earn FM you're doing it the wrong way.

I can't disagree that load times are way too long, but maybe if you focus on enjoying the game and not winning 50 fun-bucks at a time, it won't bother you so much.

I've exhausted the reasonable methods for FM, and while I still have a healthy amount to spend on whatever, I figure I may as well grind away at it the best I can until dailies (if they're reasonable). It's fun to know I'm earning DLC for free. I also like trying to rank up.

If you can get FM in casuals I'll look into it.

BlizzKrut

Banned
Love the stage transitions.
I feel that if the game came out with this much content, like released right now, the game would have been more well received. But, there's still more that should be done/added for season 2 (is this confirmed?):

-Arcade Mode
-General polish (30 fps backgrounds need to go, graphical polish...some parts of the game are pretty ugly)
-More characters/stages
-Easier way to unlock colors

What else?

That's technically in this patch if you don't like Survival.

Producer

What is it?

All 16 Original Character Default Color Pack (3-10) - 85k FM/$4.99
All 16 Original Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 85k FM/$4.99
All 6 DLC Character Default Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM/$1.99
All 6 DLC Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM/$1.99

What is it?

Buying with FM or free with season pass.

The colours you get with the season pass are only for the default and premium costumes for the DLC characters.
Hopefully it's cheap with FM lol.
I've pretty much exhausted all the ways to get FM besides online matches.
The introduction of daily challenges should make getting more FM easier. Plus all new characters have their own story mode, trials, demonstration and survival so that's also some FM.

Zackat

Buying with FM or free with season pass.
For DLC characters if you own the season pass. But not the whole cast afaik.

All 16 Original Character Default Color Pack (3-10) - 85k FM/$4.99
All 16 Original Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 85k FM/$4.99
All 6 DLC Character Default Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM/$1.99
All 6 DLC Character Story Color Pack (3-10) – 40k FM/$1.99
Pretty reasonable prices.

lupinko

What is it?

You can buy colour packs with real money or fight money now.

Default colours 3-10 for all 16 default characters. 85k FM
Story colours 3-10 for all 16 default characters. 85k FM
Default colours 3-10 for all 6 dlc characters. 40k FM
Story colours 3-10 for all 6 dlc characters. 40k FM

All premium costumes have colours 3-10 and any prior purchased ones will be updated to retroactively have them.

If you own the season pass, the dlc characters get default colours 3-10 for free retroactively now.

Hubb

The introduction of daily challenges should make getting more FM easier. Plus all new characters have their own story mode, trials, demonstration and survival so that's also some FM.

Is there any clue as to how much the dailies are going to provide? Are we talking 100FM a day? 1000? 5?

Durden77

Ranked matched and casual matches work in the exact same way and they both give FM. And (for me at least) there's no notable difference in time between finding a ranked or a casual match.

If the loading times could be adjusted that would certainly be nice. The match itself loading doesn't bother me, but loading back into the training room/whatever other mode you're in besides the menu everytime leads me to often times just sit at the menu waiting for a match. If they could make it to where right when you were done with a match it would drop you right back into training with little to no delay that would be glorious.

Is there any clue as to how much the dailies are going to provide? Are we talking 100FM a day? 1000? 5?

Depends on the challenge. You'll have a list of challenges available to you that updates everyday. You accept the challenge and do it within the timeframe and you get FM.

The tougher/more specific the challenge, the more FM you get.

But I think the minimum is around 500 FM. There was a picture floating around that accompanied the japanese PR release.

EDIT: Here's the picture. So there is no minimum nor does there seem to be a maximum limit.

q67hB9D.jpg

ZeroCDR

Ranked matched and casual matches work in the exact same way and they both give FM. And (for me at least) there's no notable difference in time between finding a ranked or a casual match.

If the loading times could be adjusted that would certainly be nice. The match itself loading doesn't bother me, but loading back into the training room/whatever other mode you're in besides the menu everytime leads me to often times just sit at the menu waiting for a match. If they could make it to where right when you were done with a match it would drop you right back into training with little to no delay that would be glorious.

I feel really stupid if you can earn FM in casuals lol

But I can connect to player matches very quickly from the main menu player browser, while ranked either from training or menu takes foooooreeeeeverrrr, and then loading times.

Producer

I feel really stupid if you can earn FM in casuals lol

But I can connect to player matches very quickly from the main menu player browser, while ranked either from training or menu takes foooooreeeeeverrrr, and then loading times.

Lol damn dude, thats been a thing since day 1. Only thing you dont earn in casuals is LP, but who really cares for that.

Rudiano

Banned
Ok this Start in Administrator mode is stupid as shit, I now cant capture videos using OBS anymore...even when I start OBS in Admin mode. Capcom just keep ruining things >:-|

Haven't been keeping up but is the patch out? Also i know there's maintenance until 10 EST, but that doesn't mean Urien and the challenges will be out tonight after it's up right?

Top Bottom