• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV's Urien coming 9.23 with dailies and some stage transitions

It would be more proper to say it had it starting from super sf2

Whatever one that had Chun do the booty out fireball is probably when that all started

Could have been executed better tho. She is just walking boobs with no brain.

Her being stupid as hell is her most endearing character trait to me IMO

That and constantly putting her brother in submission holds because she's teaching him the grapples

Mike M

Nick N
Wait, I'm confused. Do people really believe that Laura's outfits and poses are in service of her backstory and personality, and not that her backstory and personality are in service of justifying her outfits and poses?

LakeEarth

Apparently, PS4 players who've downloaded the patch can try out Vs. CPU Mode, and can check out the new stage transitions!

No Urien, you need online for that.

Saikyo

5gb patch on steam now
sfvpatchmdq2x.png

Infinite

But is Urien top tier? This is all I care about.

Actually not really but I would like to know some impressions of the character so far.

Skab

Actually not really but I would like to know some impressions of the character so far.

Not out yet so can't really say. And yeah he was usuable in story/through mods, but there's changes from that version so it's still up in the air.

Allforce

Would it be wise to buy the Season Pass code now and apply it while maintenance is going on? Or is it probably smarter to wait until tomorrow or later tonight when everything is back up?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Not out yet so no one has tried him yet. But the eventhubs community says he's low tier.

Would it be wise to buy the Season Pass code now and apply it while maintenance is going on? Or is it probably smarter to wait until tomorrow or later tonight when everything is back up?

It doesn't make a difference since the purchase is done through Steam/PSN. When the servers are back up, you log in and the system will see that you now own the season pass and immediately unlock all the stuff.

Though I guess if you REALLY wanna make sure nothing goes wrong, you can just wait.

EIther way, you won't be able to access the Season Pass stuff until the servers are back up.

5gb patch on steam now
sfvpatchmdq2x.png

As someone who's been looking to get into the game, but still waiting based on some issues with it, if I were to get the digital version past this latest 5GB patch, and try to get every bit of content available for it, what's the current overall size of SFV?

Allforce

It doesn't make a difference since the purchase is done through Steam/PSN. When the servers are back up, you log in and the system will see that you now own the season pass and immediately unlock all the stuff.

Though I guess if you REALLY wanna make sure nothing goes wrong, you can just wait.

EIther way, you won't be able to access the Season Pass stuff until the servers are back up.

Thanks bud.

Hubb

As someone who's been looking to get into the game, but still waiting based on some issues with it, if I were to get the digital version past this latest 5GB patch, and try to get every bit of content available for it, what's the current overall size of SFV?

~19gb I believe.

Steroyd

Cammy had alts with pants and smaller breasts just last time we saw her in SFIV, lol. See, no one is actually arguing that all the girls should be wearing burkas, but that the game got more fanservice-y this time around. And Cammy is not really a character I dislike, personally, but her role as the sexy SF gal is pointless when that's everyone's role :p

But when did Cammy get pants in her alts for SFIV? And if we're throwing alts into the mix everyone bar Laura got more covered up compared to their defaults.

Yes it sucks that only the women got swimsuit treatment this summer, but they are nowhere near DOA levels, it's far too early to declare that.

Skilletor

Meh servers down again, fuck off capcom

lol

Cammy had alts with pants and smaller breasts just last time we saw her in SFIV, lol. See, no one is actually arguing that all the girls should be wearing burkas, but that the game got more fanservice-y this time around. And Cammy is not really a character I dislike, personally, but her role as the sexy SF gal is pointless when that's everyone's role :p

They're not going to happen. Jeez, I hadn't even mentioned how females and only females got summer outfits. I respectfully disagree with the idea that SF had always been like this.

Eh...she had one alt with pants, and she didn't get that until very late into the game's life:

http://imgur.com/a/7By7s

Unless you count the tights on her cat outfit as pants, anyway.

Saikyo

11,4 gbs here

But I have a 500mbs folder of mods inside so...10gbs?

The game is still downloading the patch so maybe it will be bigger after aplying the update.

Hubb

11,4 gbs here

But I have a 500mbs folder of mods inside so...10gbs?

The game is still downloading the patch so maybe it will be bigger after aplying the update.

It will. No way yours is 7gbs less than mine and I have no mods installed. Unless you don't have the story mode downloaded.

Saikyo

I expected more from Urien theme, at least Juri theme is so bad its good...

So is URIEN straight up Evil? He does some things that lead me to believe he cares from time to time.

He is very evil, for example Bison let his allies do what they want if you do help him when he calls, Gill is "noble" and respect a lot of characters from 3S (like giving the leadership of the village for Yun and Yang, giving back Dudley car...), meanwhile Urien want to be a leader for Illuminati for his own ego and want "puppets" and not allies to him to command.

Also some win quotes
http://www.fightabase.com/charQuote.aspx?id=4632&gId=67

Village

So is URIEN straight up Evil? He does some things that lead me to believe he cares from time to time.

Urien's goals only look good because he wants to be the big bad boss, same as gill, gill wanted bison out the way so he can use his cult to take over the world. Urien is the same, except much much more violent

Saikyo

I could have sword he showed some sort of mercy on someone during the game.

Hellen told Urien to stop fighting Nash in story mode but that "hardly" makes him an anti-villain haha. The rest of the plot he was just talking shit and arguing with her.

Edit: just in case

Urien3sport.gif
Gill.gif

Urien, Gill, not the same character : p

Rudiano

Banned
it's down for maintenance every big patch

This shit is getting ridiculous, as if they really need 10 hours just because a new patch was released. Ive never played any other multiplayer game on PS4 that has 10 hour server maintenance just because of a new patch

Hyun Sai

From Capcom wikia, he certainly seems even worse than that, a combination of pure evil and spoiled brat.

In short, he is a piece of shit.

Momentary

Banned
Are there any current games that have day long maintenance like this one? I remember Final Fantasy XI being like that, but that was like 10 years ago.

So Capcom released this statement for Street Fighter V users on PC, pretty much this is killing off any and all cheating mods such as the SFV Trainer to get past the survival round in one round.

5c3a54853d335b56f283518dd4ab16d9.png

Saikyo

So Capcom released this statement for Street Fighter V users on PC, pretty much this is killing off any and all cheating mods such as the SFV Trainer to get past the survival round in one round.

snip

I am more worried if this kills xboxce, the dantarion .dll or mod support, any reports?

Top Bottom