• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

openrob

SNBSI4W.png

vgYR4u1.jpg

https://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp/status/610110764704141312

Seriously, this is less than when we saw that pic of Yu and Mark Cerney. Yet I still have this balloon of hope filling up.

HYPE!!!

Lets do it! Lets get UNCOMFORTABLY EXCITED!.E3!!!!!!!!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Shenmue 1+2 Remaster on either XBL or PSN (really have no idea on which console) plus some sort of Shenmue 3 to conclude the story. What that entails I'm not sure yet.

But I believe Yu Suzuki will finish the storyline somehow whether through game, anime or manga.

#Believe

Shenmue for mobile....believe.

Though, I won't lie whats the big hype behind the game? I had it on xbox and well...I thought it was average. Not trolling but maybe I missed something when I played it way back.

amnesiac

I wouldn't even mind if it was just an HD uprez of Shenmue 1+2 like Sega did with the Dreamcast games a couple years ago. I just want to play Shenmue.

dat new thread title.

I won't believe Shenmue III will be part of any conference until I actually see it, and even then I'd do anything I can to prove I'm just dreaming.

Then maybe I can believe it will happen.

An HD collection is much more believable...and when it doesn't sell then we will finally accept that publishers don't want to fund Shenmue III.

Stiler

Sweet, a new Shenmue? Wonder what it will be on?

I'd love to see it on pc, hell Sega has plenty of their games on pc these days. Maybe release Shenmue 1-2 on pc before the third one comes out, that'd be amazing.

Dunkley

Not really sure if I'd see it as teaser but hey reading this thread I'd love to see Shenmue 1+2 Remastered.

Or at least something along the lines of Jet Set Radio HD.

MilkBeard

Oh snap. This keeps building and building...the evidence. Could it possibly be???

I'm looking for some sailors. Have you seen any sailors?

EDIT: If you kind sailors could please add me to the hype train, that would be grand.

openrob

Also, when the announcement happens, and the news is posted on GAF, the first post has to be "I see..."

If not, we have failed.

Bru

There has to be a HD remaster coming at the very least, I mean, why would Yu post that picture otherwise? There has to be a reason? Please tell me there's something? *sobs* Anything? PLEASE??????

Endo Punk

One has the rest of the the year to be cynical and E3 is the time to just let go and believe. So, yes to Shenmue, TLG, PS1/PS2 franchise resurrections and much more. I'm going ALL in.

celsowmbr

Banned
Shenmue 1+2 Remaster on either XBL or PSN (really have no idea on which console) plus some sort of Shenmue 3 to conclude the story. What that entails I'm not sure yet.

But I believe Yu Suzuki will finish the storyline somehow whether through game, anime or manga.

#Believe

Is Shenmue 3 enough to conclude the Story?

concept-shenmue-series.jpg

zeshakag

I've been through this many times. People don't buy a lottery ticket because they think they will win. It is because it's fun to fantasize about what you would do with the money for that brief time before the numbers are announced. Every E3 is a free lottery ticket.

Just kidding, I think Shenmue 3 is happening this week. E3 HYPE TRAIN #BELIEVE .

Okay, my future disappointed has been etched into neogaf.

I have never played this series so I would gladly take a remaster of 1 &2.

Also it would be cool if Yu Suzuki came out on a forklift (ala David Jaffe Sweet Tooth Truck style) to announce the return of Shenmue. I think fans would flip the F*ck out.

So how's this going to work?

Open with Uncharted 4 and Horizon
Middle rounds showcase No Mans Sky and Rime and WiLD and The Tomorrow Children and Battlefront and MGSV
Then we shift focus to the eastern front with Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest Heroes, Disgaea 5
Then bring out Ono for Street Fighter V / Deep Down / Dragons Dogma HD
Then Sazuki for Shenmue HD Collection
Then Ueda for The Last Guardian?

I mean mean. Gawt dayum

Synth

Middle rounds showcase No Mans Sky and Rime and WiLD and The Tomorrow Children and Battlefront and MGSV
Then we shift focus to the eastern front with Persona 5, Star Ocean 5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Dragon Quest Heroes, Disgaea 5

I mean mean. Gawt dayum

TLG is a big deal... but if you've got Shenmue 3, you fucking close with Shenmue 3.

EDIT: Ah, just noticed you said HD collection.

sora87

I mean mean. Gawt dayum

Simply too good to be true

MilkBeard

One has the rest of the the year to be cynical and E3 is the time to just let go and believe. So, yes to Shenmue, TLG, PS1/PS2 franchise resurrections and much more. I'm going ALL in.

Yup. Think of it like rooting for your favorite team. They may lose, but it's still fun anyway.

Snaku

Banned
TLG is a big deal... but if you've got Shenmue 3, you fucking close with Shenmue 3.

Yeah, that's house tearing down shit. Nothing you show after that will get as big a reaction, and give the impression of disinterest.

This is the one game that could get the same sort of reaction that Twilight Princess's reveal got. OMG OMG OMG WHO DA MAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom