• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti

Is Shenmue 3 enough to conclude the Story?

concept-shenmue-series.jpg
that picture was so enlightening about the future of the series

i liked the fan theory that came from the second to last image that
ren dies due to greed about hidden treasure

Really hope Quantic Dreams aren't involved tbh. Liked Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy before the craziness, but none of their games really convince me they'd do a good Shenmue game.

Synth

Really hope Quantic Dreams aren't involved tbh. Liked Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy before the craziness, but none of their games really convince me they'd do a good Shenmue game.

Yea, but those were David Cage games. Outside of combat, I can't really think of a more fitting team to work on it under Yu Suzuki's direction tbh.

Boke1879

Yea, but those were David Cage games. Outside of combat, I can't really think of a more fitting team to work on it under Yu Suzuki's direction tbh.

Exactly. Outside of combat and maybe some of the exploration. It kinda makes sense if QD was involved.

Ishan

Wtf were looking at secs for this now ? Lol how did to get to that point based on one inconclusive tweet lol

Synth

AM2

i mean it's not like they're actually doing anything right now

"Outside of combat" I'm not entirely convinced they are better suited to this to be honest. Shenmue wasi/is a big departure from their general output, and assuming Shenmue 3 were to be a AAA production, I'm not sure they'd be preferable to Quantic Dreams for everything else. It's not even like Shenmue's development went smoothly the first time around either.

Hastati

I really hope years of tears collected and disintegrated hope piled up in mountains get fork-lifted into one big stack this year, crushed down into a ball of concentrated awesome and smacked into our faces at 200 miles per hour by the Great Megatons of 2015.

And if that doesn't happen, I'm bringing out the drink. To a greater extent. Either way, it's gonna be a fun E3.

rje

Just posting to record my inevitable disappointment. Shenmue 3 is my most-wanted game announcement.

Sega if you can't manage that could you at least announce localization for yakuza zero?

With Shenmue, TLG, and hell, even Crash Bandicoot, I honestly couldn't care less on a personal level if these games are ever released, either because I didn't play the preceding games (for TLG) or wasn't the biggest fan of the preceding games (for Shenmue and Crash).

But I'm invested because I'd honestly be happy as fuck for everyone who has been wanting these games for so damn long. I'm not on the hype train for any of these titles, but holy shit will I be psyched if they're announced.

Mildly interested but I'm no where near the fan of this series that I was back in the DreamCast days. Too much has happened to Sega, and would a company really give Yu Sukuki their blessing by financing this? If its not made by Yu's team then forget it.

(Edit)...unless this is a.....remaster of the first two games? Eh....... .

Yu...

Well I remember, I remember don't worry
How could I ever forget,
It's the first time, the last time we ever (heard)
But I know the reason why you keep your silence up,
No you don't fool me
The hurt doesn't show
But the pain still grows
It's no stranger to you and me

And I can feel it coming in the air (TOMORROW??), oh Lord
Well, I've been waiting for this moment (since September 2001), oh Lord...

You know what would be even worse then getting nothing? If they announced a 'reboot' made by the yakuza staff that ignored everything about the first 2 games and did nothing to resolve the incredible cliffhanger at the end of 2. I think I might get a new hobby if something like that happened.

Synth

Why would it be announced only for PS4?

At this point, I think "why wouldn't it be?" is a better question.

You know what would be even worse then getting nothing? If they announced a 'reboot' made by the yakuza staff that ignored everything about the first 2 games and did nothing to resolve the incredible cliffhanger at the end of 2. I think I might get a new hobby if something like that happened.

Yakuza team could do a good Shenmue I'd imagine. Why wouldn't they ignore the other Shenmue games though? Yakuza isn't Shenmue, or related to it in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom