• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

SupaNaab

Isaac is easily my least favourite character. I really dislike the future-self mechanic. I'm still not sure it's something I'll be excited about as a viewer. I hope if anything, the new characters bring more viewer hype.

Nyoro SF

I didn't realize Annie's missing eye was in the rabbit. That makes her even awesomer.

Voted her and Eliza. Everyone should do the same.

That ensures an Eliza win though IMO.

I forget if I did a top 4 prediction or not and I'm too lazy to look at my post history. But judging by Peter's "2-5 are closely tied and 1 isn't very far ahead" along with the fan poll results leaves me to believe that:

1) Eliza is currently #1.
2) 2-5 is a tie between Minette, Annie, Beowulf and Isaac.

So from this point onward, if you vote for Eliza as a "secondary vote" you are actually unknowingly voting for her as a primary. This may not affect you at all, but it might be nice to remember.

Anbec7

I'm pretty sure Peter is laughing somewhere with the rest of labzero while watching this madness from afar.

keikakus everywhereeee

GooeyHeat

Alright guys, one of my votes is locked in (not saying who), but the other is between Stanley and Isaac.

Convince me one way or the other.

NEO0MJ

Alright guys, one of my votes is locked in (not saying who), but the other is between Stanley and Isaac.

Listen, you already voted for Issac, it's just that the timer over your head has yet to reach zero(don't try looking up, it shift with your head)

I mean why wouldn't you? He offers an incredibly clever and unique gameplay style, he has an awesome design, he even inspired professor badass!

Listen, you already voted for Issac, it's just that the timer over your head has yet to reach zero(don't try looking up, it shift with your head)

I mean why wouldn't you? He offers an incredibly clever and unique gameplay style, he has an awesome design, he even inspired professor badass!

Oh shit!

Bioshock Infinite my ass. Twist of the millenium

Loona

A shark in a labcoat can be anything gameplay-wise, including something you'd dislike - Isaac at least has shown a glimpse of what he's all about, and it's certainly something new to the genre. Between those 2, Issac seems like the more interesting option.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That Annie pic was too saucy for this thread, but it got some attention for her!

But it was missing something!!

tumblr_mlb479fzPy1s9kej6o1_500.png

Safer For Work?

wildfire

Banned
So from this point onward, if you vote for Eliza as a "secondary vote" you are actually unknowingly voting for her as a primary. This may not affect you at all, but it might be nice to remember.

Well everyone gets one vote in the last round so it doesn't matter if they are helping Eliza or anyone else with their secondary picks.

Safer For Work?

tumblr_lkwc26Y2Ew1qdk0zgo1_500.gif

I would say Isaac would force split votes with Beowolf next round. Panzerfaust would create splits for Stanley next round.

So you have to ask yourself who do you think is more likely to reach top 4 along with your original pick, Beowolf or Panzerfaust? You can make up your mind on how that influences your decision.

Venfayth

That Annie pic was too saucy for this thread, but it got some attention for her!

But it was missing something!!

tumblr_mlb479fzPy1s9kej6o1_500.png

Safer For Work?

I hate anime fans. So perverted. I was going to watch Yugioh but now I just don't think I can be associated with this shit.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I kind of want to see this picture everyone's talking about.

Oh, is that pretty much it? And here I thought it was hardcore hentai. Nobody got that mad when somebody posted a link to an actual hentai site a while ago.

About the vote thing, wouldn't it be smarter to just not vote for any character than the ones you actually want to win? Or are you required to use all of your votes? It seems to me like only backing your real choice would be better than giving an extra vote to a character you don't care about for meta reasons. What if that other character actually gets in over your first?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Glad you guys got some fun out of KawaiiStanley, ha. StanService in full effect.

I kind of want to see this picture everyone's talking about.

Oh, is that pretty much it? And here I thought it was hardcore hentai. Nobody got that mad when somebody posted a link to an actual hentai site a while ago.

Annie was giving the same kinda Granny-pantie flash that you see all over american cartoons (how many times did I see Muriel's Bloomers in Courage the Cowardly Dog? "Oh My!")... Nothing overly scandalous, just something that made people feel uneasy, since she looks so young.

In Annie's case, it probably wasn't even so scandalous! The artist just probably thought "WOW... ALL THIS GREEN! I... I WANT TO DRAW ANOTHER COLOR!... Oh, hey, look, If I turn her like this... AWESOME! SOMETHING to break up the monotone!" ;)

Jawmuncher

So did I miss something about Annie?
Why did she become such a favorite for the voting? While back seemed like Beowulf and Umbrella had it on lock.

Moonlight

Banned
Why did she become such a favorite for the voting? While back seemed like Beowulf and Umbrella had it on lock.
Annie's had a pretty serious following since the beginning of the campaign, it's not exactly out of nowhere. It's also worth noting that people's primaries fell through the elimination process and Annie happened to be the next best thing for them, which might account for any upswing in Team Annie members.

I wouldn't say Umbrella was ever on lock for the vote either.

And now for more funny from the land of tumblr: Hurt feelings
That got a laugh outta me. I totally expected more of the losers from round 1 though. :p
Those salty tears. Looks like it is the traditional publisher route for her at this point.
She eclipsed Umbrella months ago and she was commonly paired with lots of guys like Beowulf and Panzerfaust.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep

Magical moe galaxy-harnessing badass with a sword. Pretty enough to tickle that kawaii nerve, but with enough character for people to claim she's not your average cute girl. Or maybe because she's young, but not too young. More mass appeal than the other specific characters?

EDIT: I knew Umbrella wouldn't make it from the start. She's just too not anything.

Top Bottom