• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Annie/Minette have the similar "girly" appeal, and if Annie or Minette wins they at least you can expect the voters to go to the other one, unless you're saying everyone else will want a male character next

I don't honestly see Annie as a "girly" character even remotely. Sorry, one of the reasons she's pretty popular is the lack of girly to her despite her "look"

And if I want a bad ass female in, Eliza gets my pick over her any day.

I don't honestly see Annie as a "girly" character even remotely. Sorry, one of the reasons she's pretty popular is the lack of girly to her despite her "look"

At least we're on the same page here. It surprises me that people think we're voting for her because she is girly. She is as manly as it gets for a child, I think.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Good lord what the hell is going on with this thing.

Vote for the characters you like. Don't vote for the characters you don't. Truth be told if Stanley gets voted out I am not even gonna bother with the last vote. Don't care anymore.

Vote for the characters you like. Don't vote for the characters you don't. Truth be told if Stanley gets voted out I am not even gonna bother with the last vote. Don't care anymore.

he's a strong candidate for the last spot of the top 4.

True, but I wouldn't find it hard to believe that some would kinda miss that part.
Reminds me of Panda coming in here a couple of days ago and asking for Stanley's name even though his picture is in the OP of the thread. I'm really curious about how many people even voted at this point. I like to think that a large majority of those folks are somewhat knowledgeable about what they are voting for.

Take a deep breath and vote for whoever you like. No one is being a dick about the voting so let the metagame flow, bro.

Village

he is a bad father with a confusing hair/ hat or hat/ hair...

vote beowulf instead..just cause..

He doesn't need to freeze time to win battles..

his stand is manliness and a chair to the head.

It's the best stand really..although it should probably be called a sit instead.

Freezing time is awesome, also chairs are dumb.

I could stop time and take away your chair, and do this.

mtj12.jpg

Dachande

I've been reading this thread all day and thinking about my picks for this round... characters that I'd want to play, mostly.

Faust, Aeon, Isaac, and Stanley probably wouldn't be my picks... I'd give them a shot in training mode but I doubt I'd stick with them over my current picks.

Eliza I'd be very interested in, Annie I'd probably enjoy. Beowulf I'm not sure, but I'm interested, and Minette would be interesting because Mike Z swears she wouldn't be shit. So. Hmmmmm.

I've been reading this thread all day and thinking about my picks for this round... characters that I'd want to play, mostly.

Faust, Aeon, Isaac, and Stanley probably wouldn't be my picks... I'd give them a shot in training mode but I doubt I'd stick with them over my current picks.

Eliza I'd be very interested in, Annie I'd probably enjoy. Beowulf I'm not sure, but I'm interested, and Minette would be interesting because Mike Z swears she wouldn't be shit. So. Hmmmmm.

Annie/Eliza

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Should be the official SkullDudes line-up really. With Molly out, Eliza is the only compelling chick of the lineup, but I like the uniformity of this becoming the SkullBro's expansion.

Annie was my least favourite of all the original lineup due to her being some Ramona Flowers x Kill Bill shit. But here we are ಠ_ಠ

Azure J

Vote Eliza/Annie. #TeamBloodyStars wants you.

Slermy

Wow, three of my four made it.

Sorry Minette, as cute as you are, I think Aeon and Stanley will be a lot of fun to play.

7Th

Not getting this vote splitting nonsense. I think you're deceiving yourselves if you assume that, say, all the Minette fans will vote for Annie if she's the only female character left, or all the Stanley fans suddenly go Beowulf.

Assuming that male/female is the determining factor for a majority of voters is a real stretch.

It works more in Beowulf's favor that the other way, to be honest. There are a lot of dudebros that just want another male in the game. It's probably a very common Beowulf vote. Not every single Issac/Stanley fan will go to Beowulf, but a lot Issac/Stanley fans are currently voting Issac and Beowulf or Stanley and Beowulf. If Stanley and Issac go out there is very little doubt that Beowulf will gain considerable support.

We have a lot of examples in this thread; just look at this:

Should be the official SkullDudes line-up really. With Molly out, Eliza is the only compelling chick of the lineup, but I like the uniformity of this becoming the SkullBro's expansion.

kirblar

I'll say this much. Everyone in the top 8 will add to the game's numbers and audience in one way or another. It's only a loss if you've got 1 or 0 characters to play right now, I guess. If the votes are this close then it's only a big deal for picky folks, really.
The top 8's visual variety is really awesome.

wildfire

Banned

You may not see her that way. I don't see her that way. Yet at least her fan art says otherwise about how other people view her.

Well yeah that was pretty obvious after seeing the top 16.

I hope it was obvious to everyone who at least 14 of the 16 wouldn't have made it past round 1.

I guess they are still in that we're just friends but we can share the same bed in a hotel room mode?

The top 8's visual variety is really awesome.
The top 16 chart is even better. It's got practically everything you'd need in a fighter.

Skullgirlstop16chart_zps2cf08842.png

The top half on it's own is ridiculous. I hope a lot of these guys are part of a Skullgirls 2 down the road. The series will really hit it's stride when we see around half of these guys in there.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind all those characters from Top 16. That would be a really greaty list of characters when a sequel drops down it has variety of playstyles, design, along with characters of Skullgirls with new.

I would say its pretty perfect. Adding in 20 females, 6 males.

Just voted, gave it a lot of thought, went with: Beowulf, who I've been a fan of since the beginning, and Annie, who out of the remaining female characters I like best. Hard not being able to vote for Isaac or Panzerfaust.

The only character out of the 8 left that I'm not really a fan of, at least not yet, is Aeon. Cool design but if a time traveler makes it into the game, I'd rather have Isaac by far. Any of the other top 8, I'll be pretty happy.

I wonder if Minette makes it as a playable character, if any of her customers might be characters who didn't make it in. Adam buying ice cream for Umbrella seems like an obvious possibility. Like how Double has that one super with Andy, Ms Victoria, Umbrella, Squiggly and B. Dahlia in it. Would be neat.

kirblar

Honestly, I wouldn't mind all those characters from Top 16. That would be a really greaty list of characters when a sequel drops down it has variety of playstyles, design, along with characters of Skullgirls with new.

I would say its pretty perfect. Adding in 20 females, 6 males.
(Add Samson! Drop Big Fat Phony Cody!)

I wonder if Minette makes it as a playable character, if any of her customers might be characters who didn't make it in. Adam buying ice cream for Umbrella seems like an obvious possibility. Like how Double has that one super with Andy, Ms Victoria, Umbrella, Squiggly and B. Dahlia in it. Would be neat.

Honestly, if she did end up having such a thing. Then I wouldn't mind her, other than that not really. XP

(Add Samson! Drop Big Fat Phony Cody!)

But I love Scythana. :(

If Minette isn't in the Top 4 (lol)

I won't be voting for

Annie
Eliza
Beowulf
Stanley

Period. No ifs. No ands. No buts. If all four of them are Top 4 (lol) then I won't vote at all.

Metavoting is so stupid. Pick your shit. Fucking #scumbagFGC everywhere you go lately

7Th

If Minette isn't in the Top 4 (lol)

I won't be voting for

Annie
Eliza
Beowulf
Stanley

Period. No ifs. No ands. No buts. If all four of them are Top 4 (lol) then I won't vote at all.

Metavoting is so stupid. Pick your shit. Fucking #scumbagFGC everywhere you go lately

Issac is getting a vote from you, then. ISSAC METAVOTERS, ASSEMBLE.

Top Bottom