• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

I'd love more announcer stuff. More references would be really awesome. :p

I'm actually surprised that nobody's ripped the announcer. I would love to have "the gorrila of fate is yearning" as my text alert.

And talking about money:

Scoreboard 11th Mar
Days Remaining: 16
Total: $354,887
Today's Contribution: $5,909
5 Day Rolling Average: $7,574
Estimated Final Score: $476,083

Stretch Goals
Vee Announces Rate: $2820/day
Salty Parasol Rate: $5944/day
Drunk Announcer Rate: $9070/day
Third Character Rate: $15,320/day

Big Band Due: 2.6 Days
Vee Announcer Due: 5.95 Days
Salty Parasol Due: 12.56 Days
Drunk Announcer Due: 19.15 Days
Third Character Due: 32.35 Days

(do note that due dates are dependant on the five day rolling average, which is quite volatile)

Ravidrath

Hoping we'll have a test animation pseudo-cel soon and it works out well.

If everything works out, my thought is that each person will be "adopting" a particular frame of animation, and we'll send them a cel of it in a picture frame.

I expect there will be a mad rush for... particular cels.

Hoping we'll have a test animation pseudo-cel soon and it works out well.

If everything works out, my thought is that each person will be "adopting" a particular frame of animation, and we'll send them a cel of it in a picture frame.

I expect there will be a mad rush for... particular cels.

If you want a bit of uninformed advice, I'd suggest you pitch the cells at about $300-$400, since there's a massive gap between Advocate ($200) and Angel ($2500). I'd also suggest a tier around $75 that's entirely digital stuff, for people internationally who didn't want to faff around with customs, but plugging the gap between $200 and $2,500 should be high priority.

Ravidrath

If you want a bit of uninformed advice, I'd suggest you pitch the cells at about $300-$400, since there's a massive gap between Advocate ($200) and Angel ($2500). I'd also suggest a tier around $75 that's entirely digital stuff, but plugging the gap between $200 and $2,500 should be high priority.

Yeah, we're aware, it's just been hard to come up with new things that won't impact production too much to fill the void.

And how we price the cels will depend on how much work is involved. There's a possibility that we'd have to hand-paint white on the backs of each to make them opaque, and we'd have to raise the price if that's the case. If we don't have to do that, I'm thinking the range you've ID'ed would be good, though.

I'm going to look into an all-digital pack today and see what we think we should charge for it. $75 seems like a good price, though.

Yeah, we're aware, it's just been hard to come up with new things that won't impact production too much to fill the void.

And how we price the cels will depend on how much work is involved. There's a possibility that we'd have to hand-paint white on the backs of each to make them opaque, and we'd have to raise the price if that's the case. If we don't have to do that, I'm thinking the range you've ID'ed would be good, though.

True. tbh you'll probably get away with pricing them at $500, seeing how fast the high end tiers went at the start.

Also: woo 355k! Also, rearranged the internal spreadsheet to make it easier to compute all the statzzzzzzz. Nowhere near as pretty as Slappy's spreadsheet, but still.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason

I'm going to look into an all-digital pack today and see what we think we should charge for it. $75 seems like a good price, though.

Maybe a character design workshop by Alex Ahad for 600ish bucks? He's probably packed already with the development but something akin of the CGMA format would probably attrack a lot of people.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
True. tbh you'll probably get away with pricing them at $500, seeing how fast the high end tiers went at the start.

Shhhh! I want to get one, and I can't afford that much!

But seriously, excited to see the cels. Hopefully there's an economic way to get a decent number of them made without cutting into funds.

Also: woo 355k! Also, rearranged the internal spreadsheet to make it easier to compute all the statzzzzzzz. Nowhere near as pretty as Slappy's spreadsheet, but still.
You want me to starve on the streets, don't you? Gotta keep it within range of those who've donated $150 to $300 and are looking to upgrade.

I know time has been mentioned as a factor for a lot of the limitations on art, but I can't recall an exact, or even a vague, hint as to when we should be expecting rewards to roll out.

If time is really the only factor, and there's no hesitation on people's parts to be doing so much work "for free," I'm sure people wanting some of the higher priced custom art things wouldn't mind waiting longer if it meant actually getting something made. Of course you guys probably don't want to be bogged down with dozens of custom orders for things anyway, but I think it could be a viable option if you're open to it.

I think that even though people naturally want things as soon as possible, if you said that all such things, or at least all newly added ones, would have to wait until all the characters were done, people would still be accepting of that.

Ravidrath

New "Well-wisher" all-digital tier is live!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing/x/2363858

I know time has been mentioned as a factor for a lot of the limitations on art, but I can't recall an exact, or even a vague, hint as to when we should be expecting rewards to roll out.

I'm going to try and give estimates on as many tiers as possible soon, but it's going to be impossible to predict delivery on some of the bigger items, just because it takes a while to make those art commissions, fight sticks, etc.

I'm hoping we can have all the digital stuff done by the start of May, and all the non-custom physical stuff shipped out by the end of May.

alstein

If I keep my job I'll upgrade. Not looking likely though.

I had to cancel my Sega Cup and Evo plans already because of the sequester.

A contributor who has already put in cash has donated another 2.5k or so to put us neatly over 360k now. Time for Slender Horse to make his appearance. Can't wait for Big Band to be fully funded by the end of this week.

I guess that means we have two confirmed divine beings.

What's the expected price tier for the cells? I was going to throw down $150 this week, but will hold out for the cells if they're $300-$400 or so.

Ravidrath

Cool. What's the possible ETA on the announcement? Sorry about all the questions, but I'm willing to throw down some cash for a cell of Ms. Fortune (especially if I can get Double inthe background...).

We're still making sure that we can even make the cels and make them well, so nothing's confirmed until we get the results of our test print back.

joe2187

Banned
New goal met, new character reveal, meet Ottomo:

Lorenzo’s mechanical henchman. He’s piloted by Otto, a tiny, foul-mouthed Dagonian engineer.

20130312151957-DLC_Ottomo.png

Scoreboard 12th Mar
Days Remaining: 15
Total: $361,412
Today's Contribution: $6,525
5 Day Rolling Average: $6,694
Estimated Final Score: $461,825

Stretch Goals
Big Band Rate: $906/day
Vee Announces Rate: $2572/day
Salty Parasol Rate: $5905/day
Drunk Announcer Rate: $9239/day
Derpwheel Rate: $12,572/day
Third Character Rate: $15,906/day

Big Band Due: 2.0 Days
Vee Announcer Due: 5.76 Days
Salty Parasol Due: 12.23 Days
Drunk Announcer Due: 20.70 Days
Derpwheel Due: 28.17 Days
Third Character Due: 32.35 Days

(do note that due dates are dependant on the five day rolling average, which is quite volatile. Essentially, it's the difference between the target and the actual money raised, divided by the five day rolling average)

Ravidrath

In case anyone's wondering why it dropped, it looks like the refunds for the TF2 hats just went through.

I didn't get an exact amount, but they said it was "over $1000." So I'm guessing that means somewhere between $1000 and $2000, which is actually a lot less than I expected.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
In case anyone's wondering why it dropped, it looks like the refunds for the TF2 hats just went through.

I didn't get an exact amount, but they said it was "over $1000." So I'm guessing that means somewhere between $1000 and $2000, which is actually a lot less than I expected.

Hmm, I think a lot of the angry people just recognized it would be a bitch move to demand a refund over something like that. Fully within their rights, of course, but ultimately it would had to be their sole motivation to get the TF2 hat.

Definitely happy to see that the hit wasn't too bad.

Yeah, looks like I caught it right at the trough for today's statzzzzzz. On the plus side, that's a monkey around this campaign's neck removed, plus I was expecting quite a bit more than 40-ish people donating just for the hat. Anyone who re-pledges will be accounted for in tomorrow's statzzzzz.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Some people might not have realized that the hat was taken away.

I suppose that's true, though Ravidrath did issue an update specifically addressing and talking about the hat. I'm sure most people got the message, but there will always be stragglers.

Isaccard

I'll be happy to get BB + Story and Stage.

Can't say I'm interested in any mystery characters, if only because I doubt we can reach the goal just to receive one.

We've not seen the last of the hat monsters. I really feel that way. Good news is that we haven't been hit super hard yet.

Lorenzo’s mechanical henchman. He’s piloted by Otto, a tiny, foul-mouthed Dagonian engineer.

20130312151957-DLC_Ottomo.png
I can't help thinking of the Atomo comic from The Iron Giant when I see this robot's name.

Ken

From the head down he reminds me of some Robotech design, and the head looks like a Star Wars Battle Droid.

...All robots look the same!

Cmagus

Duuno if this is possible but what about a 40.00-45.00 tier which gets you the pc version but also a code to download either the Xbox 360 version or PS3 version. I'd bump for that (although I'll prob bump anyways near the end).

Ravidrath

Duuno if this is possible but what about a 40.00-45.00 tier which gets you the pc version but also a code to download either the Xbox 360 version or PS3 version. I'd bump for that (although I'll prob bump anyways near the end).

Not really possible - PS3 and XBLA codes are really expensive.

Top Bottom