• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

Seriously, the amount of hype from this pic our upcoming characters is insane.

It's brilliant. I want this game now. >.> When is the Steam version coming out again?

Loona

Other than the character selection, are there any other questions you'd like to see in the poll?

Right now I've also got...

- Where you live
- What was the primary consideration for your character selection - Story, Gameplay or Appearance?​

A couple of ideas:

- do you mostly play the single-player modes like Story, or competitively against other players?
(while SG certainly strives to be competitively solid, I get the feeling a lot of the support it gets is mostly based on the character designs and setting - in terms of future developments like a sequel, it can be the difference between implementing a way to view the story scenes without battle interruptions, or a more elaborate online ranking or lobby system, or something like stat-keeping for character usage)

- pad or joystick?
(the game's clearly taking stick into account, but personally I don't find it that pad-friendly, as a 6-button game that uses the remaining button to tag, yet expects you to press 2 buttons at nce for supers and throws)

It's interesting that Mike already prototyped some Scythana stuff, checking the video, but so far all I see is code...

Ravidrath

BTW, if I disappear from GAF for a while, it's because my eyes are bleeding from looking at these damned spreadsheets, looking for duplicate e-mail addresses.

In the Js and nearly halfway done...

Seriously, the amount of hype from this pic our upcoming characters is insane.

It's brilliant. I want this game now. >.> When is the Steam version coming out again?

Steam beta should be out in mid-June, full release in mid-July.

BTW, if I disappear from GAF for a while, it's because my eyes are bleeding from looking at these damned spreadsheets, looking for duplicate e-mail addresses.

Thanks a lot. Now I know why to plan my fighting game frenzy. I hope that not everyone is a pro already. :-/

shaowebb

Blood for the Blood Goddess?
MywH60b.jpg

BTW Skullgirls has the best "blood power" gimmick I've heard of. You're definitely doing better with Eliza than what Image comics did with that gimmick in Savage Dragon when they made the character "Heavy Flo"

Not mind safe

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I read your post, then I scrolled up and something hit me like a ton of bricks. Just stay with me on this. Parasoul actually has a palette with glasses, right? Wouldn't it be amazing if Umbrella got a palette with a smooth little addition like hers?

Behold:

Yes, a moustache for Umbrella. Clearly it is about time for me to sleep.

LoL, I'd totally accept it :) One of the things that comes to mind when looking at these characters is what kind of trickery they couldcome up with; Taliesin With no checkerboard Patterns, Hubrecht with a shirt, Venus in various Catsuits rather than the Lingerie that she has now, Aeon with a human-looking waist, rather than a trasparent hour glass... I hope they're REALLY creative with a lot of the new ones!

I can relate to that; Use to have to stare at spreadsheets for hours in a computer course back in the day; I'd start seeing lights as I blinked my eyes for an hour afterwards some days... it REALLY freaked me out back then.

YEU KAN DEW EET!

Ravidrath

Man... some guy from Brazil contributed over $4000 and didn't ask for anything.

Gonna have to e-mail them and guilt them into accepting stuff.

Don't click Shao's link, Ravi or you won't see for weeks.
LoL, I'd totally accept it :) One of the things that comes to mind when looking at these characters is what kind of trickery they couldcome up with; Taliesin With no checkerboard Patterns, Hubrecht with a shirt, Venus in various Catsuits rather than the Lingerie that she has now, Aeon with a human-looking waist, rather than a trasparent hour glass... I hope they're REALLY creative with a lot of the new ones!
Indeed

The Hubrecht one is good. If you do it with black slacks you'd come close to Major Armstrong in casual wear.

A real hero.
What the FUCK

shaowebb

I am a "fountain" of bizarre imagery and comic book facts. Though this time it wasn't something ridiculous I made. I suppose I could always do Puff Puff Hubrecht to mess with you guys though...that or Peacock holding the bombs together for her own Titty Monster joke lol.

Oh God what have I done...now there will be horrible Eliza tampon nunchuck fanart or something due to this.

I doubt any male is going to make it through for voting. Although Beowulf is a great character.

Yeah, I doubt the people who are putting down money for this were those who were turned off from the game by the character designs.

I suspect more of the same for the winners of the vote.

Perhaps one loli and one body horror character.

There will continue to not be anyone from this game I like aesthetically.

Yeah, I doubt the people who are putting down money for this were those who were turned off from the game by the character designs.

I suspect more of the same for the winners of the vote.

Perhaps one loli and one body horror character.

There will continue to not be anyone from this game I like aesthetically.

come on, Squiggly and Big Band look great, and I like no one of the original one(I KINDA like Fortune/Peacock but that's it)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Because black time traveler that's why.

That's something I really like about Issac; he's a black guy with no overly Ethnic Features (unless you count his Afro). It's pretty rare to see that in just about any enertainment Media.

Also, he'd be easy to give Morpheus colors.

I say you morph some of the character choices to have a brazilian background for this. Or some sort of gimmick that points to brazil. I dont know. SOMETHING!

SupaNaab

Carnival on the beach stage or bust.

Also, is the UI changing in future updates? I remember that Zone was contacted about life bars or something.

I know I'm being silly, but the one thing that I have never liked are the Menus, it makes it REALLY obvious that all the money went to making the core of the game awesome... but... just saying.(seriously, Main Menu sucks)

Of course, if Feng wins nothing else will matter

Even though I'm 100% Team Beowulf, with an Aeon chaser, I need to lock down my 3rd and 4th.

Right now it's between Mrs. Victoria/Hubrecht/Eliza/Roxie/Adam/Molly.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

sephi22

I know I'm being silly, but the one thing that I have never liked are the Menus, it makes it REALLY obvious that all the money went to making the core of the game awesome... but... just saying.(seriously, Main Menu sucks)

Of course, if Feng wins nothing else will matter
I like the main menu a lot.
You want bad main menus reflecting budgeting issues, see Playstation All Stars.

While we're on the topic, can we have the small character portraits at the middle of the character select screen to be a bit bigger? There's a lot of wasted space there.

Loona

I say you morph some of the character choices to have a brazilian background for this. Or some sort of gimmick that points to brazil. I dont know. SOMETHING!

If I know anything about the Brazillian psyche, one of the best possible thing would be to add a reference to this show that just about everyone there watched as a kid, Chavo del Ocho ("Chaves"), maybe a background cameo resembling Don Ramon.

Village

come on, Squiggly and Big Band look great, and I like no one of the original one(I KINDA like Fortune/Peacock but that's it)

I gotta agree with them, no one wows me aesthetically on the roster, all the cool designs are aren't in the game.

Brazil Mode: Everybody is Blanka
Oh god please no. Christie Monteiro instead pls

Ackually iz Sean

I need a black time traveler in this game.

Your a good person.

you are 10000000% right on that one, Playstation All Stars has THE WORST menu of all time..... and that fucking song...... bad memories coming back

You mean this game has no character song. I turn on smash bros i feel like I am walking in a magical world of Nintendo history, I turn on Mahvel fricken hype dead pool punching Dante in the face, I turn on TTT2 even with all the electronic music, its done well and it gets my hype. PlayStation all stars... eh.

SupaNaab

FYI, if possible don't vote until after every week's Salty Cupcake stream. If you vote early you will miss out on the character campaigns and information from each stream which is pretty vital to voting. Case in point, I saved this from last nights /sgg/ thread:

I know I will regret posting this because it's going to cost Umbrella votes :(

TDLink

Stanley still needs to be in this game. Everyone needs to make sure he is one of the characters that gets in. You can't beat a Science Shark.

Loona

On the topoc of palettes, if that brazillian donator that was mentioned earlier votes for Annie and she wins, she should get a Monica palette (look up Monica's Gang, it's hard to link from a phone): red clothes, blue rabbit and black hair.

GatorBait

FYI, if possible don't vote until after every week's Salty Cupcake stream. If you vote early you will miss out on the character campaigns and information from each stream which is pretty vital to voting.

Can I get some more information about this so-called "Salty Cupcake" stream?

Ultimadrago

Can I get some more information about this so-called "Salty Cupcake" stream?

Every Thursday night, a number of the Skull Girls staff (and voice actors in the game) gather at a cupcake shop (I forget the name) and stream Skull Girls being played along with small tournaments. It is currently streamed at this address: http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed

The staff and voice actors actively engage with the fans commenting and answer questions, inquiries, the like.

Edit: Ah, yes. The place is called Frootsii's, they seem to serve all types of dessert and boba.

Top Bottom