• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Ravi, as far as questions to ask, maybe you could ask for color references people would like to see with the chracters they vote for? Just to see ifthe masses come up with any ideas that might not be covered... For example, I'd love to see Molly get a Fiolina Germi Color... XD

Good thinking!

I'm quite interested in seeing what ideas Mike Z would have, too... the descriptions are just vague enough to find a lot of ways to add unique persoality...

Superb! Might be an unusual opinion, but I'd probably prefer using Molly without the mech. Never been a fan of larger/slower characters.

Thanks! I love the idea of "Young female, but still in the heavyweight class" actually, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing her out the mech, or having the mecha only show up as a lvl 3 or something. Though those long, unprotected legs don't look like they were ever meant to fight at close range (but this doesn't matter for such a game). Even if she turned out to be a character who just phoned in assist and protection and airstrikes and pillbox drop-ins all day, I'd still wanna see her make it in!

TheOGB

Banned
It was you that ruined our perfect number!?

The actual total will be higher, because we've had a fair number of people make direct contributions. I still consider 829 the official number of Lab Zero, though.
As you should.

Huh, stram chat has a point. Adam and Scythana would be BFFs, lol.

SupaNaab

I feel like I'm the only one pulling for Umbrella. I guess she doesn't stand near as much of a chance as, for instance, Annie. Poor Umbrella. I'm pulling for you anyway.

Umbrella is my probably my first. She clearly has the most fleshed out gameplay style and the persona being fleshed out in fan art is absolutely the best of any SG character (in the game or otherwise). I also find that her appearance is particularly unique to most of the SG cast, she's so clearly recognizable among the others.

...I go out of town and you people managed to completely exceed my expectations. Wow. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

How many times we gotta do this SkullGAF until you accept the one true path that is Feng/Eliza?

My man, while I respect your choices quite a lot, Team Beowulf/Annie shall reign supreme!

>sees hype train
>Umbrella on train

it begins...

um_zps14a62e41.png

Dreavus

Other fighting game roster wars: "We need more female representation!"

Skullgirls, with an entirely female cast, roster wars: "... We need more little girl representation!"

Tell me, where do my bros come in? :(

Jeez, i'm going to be known as one of the people in the world it got refunded, that happen to be on NeoGAF.. >.< *rage*

Anyways, I guess i'll be hyped up on the sidelines. Annie!!

Edit: When did I become a member?

Ravi, as far as questions to ask, maybe you could ask for color references people would like to see with the chracters they vote for? Just to see ifthe masses come up with any ideas that might not be covered... For example, I'd love to see Molly get a Fiolina Germi Color... XD
They did this on SRK and it kinda proved to be annoying since they wouldn't know exactly what color combinations people want. Instead they told everyone to basically color in the characters themselves if they really wanted it. I think it worked for me and some of the palettes in the thread were gorgeous. I think someone important must have liked my FLCL palette for Valentine too. :p

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146327/palette-suggestion-thread

Dreavus

Jeez, i'm going to be known as one of the people in the world it got refunded, that happen to be on NeoGAF.. >.< *rage*

Anyways, I guess i'll be hyped up on the sidelines. Annie!!

Can't you go through the Lab Zero site directly with another dollar? I thought you could get a vote that way as well.

Dreavus

Umbrella is my probably my first. She clearly has the most fleshed out gameplay style and the persona being fleshed out in fan art is absolutely the best of any SG character (in the game or otherwise). I also find that her appearance is particularly unique to most of the SG cast, she's so clearly recognizable among the others.

TBH, I don't think Umbrella is going to be able to shake her "she was gonna be the first DLC character, so she's gonna get in later anyways" image with the voters, despite LZ stating multiple times that this is not necessarily the case.

SupaNaab

TBH, I don't think Umbrella is going to be able to shake her "she was gonna be the first DLC character, so she's gonna get in later anyways" image with the voters, despite LZ stating multiple times that this is not necessarily the case.

What evil bastard would deny Parasoul her sister?

oD3IKhql.jpg

sadly, that's the reason Umbrella/Marie are not going to do that well, that's why I'm giving all my support to them

.... but I also want Feng/Minette/Annie... crap

Parasoul is so boss. A princess, a commander and damn dependable sister. It burns me up the way the game is labeled even though there are straightforward characters like her in it. Pretty cool character if you ask me.

Dreavus

sadly, that's the reason Umbrella/Marie are not going to do that well, that's why I'm giving all my support to them

.... but I also want Feng/Minette/Annie... crap

My understanding was that Japan LOVES Marie and she was sure to do well in the vote, but yeah, I think it's going to hurt them both.

Go with those last 3 + Umbrella. Marie doesn't need your help. >_>

Parasoul is so boss. A princess, a commander and damn dependable sister. It burns me up the way the game is labeled even though there are straightforward characters like her in it. Pretty cool character if you ask me.

I agree, cool character. Part of the reason why I started using her.

Odrion

Banned
I guess I'll vote for Minette because the idea of her attacks being hungry customers popping out of the air or from manholes is pretty awesome.

Then Panzerfaust, because he's ballllllllllllllllllah.

Moonlight

Banned
http://www.twitch.tv/labzero

Mike Z currently preparing to prototype/experiment with various potential DLC character mechanics.
Shit, missed it. Is there any way to find archived streams? Because I can't find it on the Twitch.tv page.

I'm still really not sure who I want in. At first, I was sure it'd be Isaac. Then, I stopped being so sure after I saw Aeon. And then all the time stuff started blowing my mind too much, and I was gonna settle on Annie, and then I started to reconsider on Beowulf after the newer Salty Cupcakes stuff came out, and now I'm just playing mental ping-pong between half the entire goddamn nominees. I think the above art is swinging me towards Black Dahlia now.

The choice between two DLC characters may have actually complicated my decision more than anything, somehow.

And a tiny part of me actually wants to see Andy make it, although it's literally impossible he'll ever make the cut, and I'd rather use my early votes for characters like Ileum or something.

Dreavus

I guess I'll vote for Minette because the idea of her attacks being hungry customers popping out of the air or from manholes is pretty awesome.

Then Panzerfaust, because he's ballllllllllllllllllah.

Grandiose WWII-esque imagery is where it's at, my man!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
They did this on SRK and it kinda proved to be annoying since they wouldn't know exactly what color combinations people want. Instead they told everyone to basically color in the characters themselves if they really wanted it. I think it worked for me and some of the palettes in the thread were gorgeous. I think someone important must have liked my FLCL palette for Valentine too. :p

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/146327/palette-suggestion-thread

Ahhh, yup, forgot about the old SRK topic! That might even be more complex than I was thinking; I was just thinking people would suggest ballpark examples. Always good to see people do something that defined, however!

I'd love to see such works for the newly revealed characters as well; I'm sure that thread will jump on it, if such a thing comes to pass, however...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
What the!?!?

It only took Mike Z an hour and a half to turn Skullgirls into a beat em up engine?!
GODLIKE

Can this be the next Indiegogo? Please?
:D

Yup, I'd jump into that IGG :) Imagine all the HD character designs we'd see in a BEU; even the breakable objects would probably be full of life and animation, haha.

A sleepy sketch i did for issac
vote for em

issacsmall_zps88fc4d79.jpg

Good job at bringing up that Roy Bromwell side that's so prevalent with him!

I think that's the easiest way I'd vote on a Male Chara in this game: which one gets A Buster Wolf and / or a Power Geyser? There'd be no other choice! (Wouldn't turn down a female grappler that played like Shermie or Hinako, either...)

Ahhh, yup, forgot about the old SRK topic! That might even be more complex than I was thinking; I was just thinking people would suggest ballpark examples. Always good to see people do something that defined, however!

I'd love to see such works for the newly revealed characters as well; I'm sure that thread will jump on it, if such a thing comes to pass, however...
I read your post, then I scrolled up and something hit me like a ton of bricks. Just stay with me on this. Parasoul actually has a palette with glasses, right? Wouldn't it be amazing if Umbrella got a palette with a smooth little addition like hers?

Behold:
>sees hype train
>Umbrella on train

it begins...

um_zps14a62e41.png
Yes, a moustache for Umbrella. Clearly it is about time for me to sleep.

Top Bottom