• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U/3DS: 3 Character Slots & 3 Stage Slots Found in Recent Patch Data (1.1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden77

I think Wolf will happen and I would love it, but then again this roster's been so unpredictable that I wouldn't be surpised if he didn't.

As for the others, I dunno. I haven't been keeping up. Want Snake. Be Snake. Feel Snake.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
You never played Golden Sun have you? At least you made me laugh.

Besides they could go with Isaac from Dark Dawn who uses a Great Sword in both hands which no fighter uses. Sorry Ike usually does one handed swings.

Plus in the games Isaac can also wield Axes, Maces, Short swords, Long Swords, and Great Swords.

Also wasn't limited to 3 elements of spells. And one Darkness spell which Robin can't use as a Grandmaster anyway?

Not to mention a class system that gave him a ton of different Psynergy with different effects. And Djinn also making way for more attacks and beneficial buffs to himself and party members.

Going he looks like Robin, uses magic and a sword and would be the same just proves how ignorant you are of Golden Sun and what abilities Isaac possesses. And if Isaac uses magic and the amount of caster type characters is sparse as it is wouldn't that be a good thing to add anyway? I would love to have a Red Mage archetype that isn't slower then Ganondorf.

Or is this solely a "Not a character I want so they shouldn't add him" kind of thing? If a character can add a new playstyle and utility to the roster then I'm all for it.

You forget him having the best final smashes ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CMHy3eRrRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DatHLd1uO2g

I want the Metroid, Yoshi and Star Fox stage from 64. Fountain of Dreams from Melee. Frigate Orpheon and the Earthbound city (with revised platform/background graphics for further clarity (along 1080p) from Brawl. F-Zero, Yoshis Island, Spirit Train, Pac-Man maze and the Kirby stage from 3DS.

Pick any two, preferably all of them.

As for characters; Ice Climber and a no-clone Ganondorf please.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
1. Solid Snake
2. Liquid Snake
3. Big Boss

1. Shadow Moses Island (Remake + Ω)
2. Outer Heaven (Original + Ω)

Im kinda hoping for Saffron City, and to a lesser extent, SECTOR Z.
Yess, yes.

Saffron_City_SSB.png

Madao

i wonder what other japanese popular game maker is friends with Sakurai on the level to get an character in SSB by just asking him like Kojima.

fhqwhgads

Seeing all the N64 stages come back would be great to see, ultimate fan service would be having Meta Crystal come back too.

K Rool and Wolf seem most likely choices, I never got why people think K Rool has no chance though. If anything his playstyle could be the closest thing we get to Snake with the projectile focus.

I don't think Layton will get in at this point. His series is pretty much over. They missed the boat for him. Would be nice, though.

I'm guessing a Final Fantasy character of some sort.

I'm really hoping for these three characters

Simon Belmont

Shovel Knight

Snake (Because why not?)

As for Stages have one of them be Draculas Castle and the other one a Shovel Knight stage.

JoeM86

Wasn't it like a day or two?

Not quite.

We found them out in the data from the patch released in April.

Then, in June, the day before the Smash "Direct" and subsequent release, the next patch went up early and they got fully confirmed.

Wolf plus 2 ballot entries I'm thinking. Which means the only Smash casualties of 4 will be Pichu, Ice Climbers, Snake and to a lesser extent Ivysaur and Squirtle. It bodes well for Smash 5 that the whole cast of 4 could return, especially if they don't build every character from scratch again. They should literally just take the framework of 4 and keep adding to it, not destroy it all and start over.

With 5 likely to hit the NX, Ice Climbers could return and I wouldn't be surprised if we see Pichu come back as DLC in the next game. If Doc and Roy can, then so can Pichu.
Given the state of MGS I don't see Snake returning any time soon but who knows, maybe MGS will return to Nintendo one day, which would be when Snake actually has a chance.
That said, I don't think Snake fits in Smash, sure he was fun in Brawl but he was a guest character that really felt like a guest, not like Sonic and co who fit right in.

As for the two ballot fighters? Before the Mii costumes I'd have said K Rool and Inkling. Inklings will probably be saved for 5 because they need to have some kind of big character to promote that game. K Rool I just don't see happening before 5. Why would they make the mii costume if they were planning to introduce him as a full character. Surely they'd want to keep the winners a complete surprise, and teasing him as a mii costume doesn't make much sense. From the point of view of money grabbing, sure, all desperate K Rool fans will get the mii costume but it just doesn't' fit in with Nintendo's secrecy style.

If anything Shovel Knight's amiibo de-confirms him - why make that amiibo when they'll need to make another in a different pose a few months from now. Isaac has a good shot, removed from assist trophies and has had no mii costumes, it's looking good for him. My other pick would be Dixie as she also has no representation in Sm4sh apart from a trophy (and unlike K Rool has had a recent game appearance).

Just my two cents, personally I want Tetra and Lip (right after Inklings) but I doubt that'll happen.

Jawmuncher

I know Nintendo and Konami would come through.

Solid Snake, Big Boss, and Gray Fox are pretty cool additions for smash. Along with shadow Moses and Groznyj Grad. Well worth the wait.

Clov

BELIEVE!!!

fK14GQ4.png

Yes! I need this stage to come back!

So now those people who were insisting that we'd only get two more characters and one more stage must feel awfully silly, eh? Reminds me of all those arguments before Mewtwo's reveal that we'd never get any DLC, period.

Escalario

Banned
If Nintendo decides to go with a Konami character, then all I have to say is fuck Snake. A Castlevania character is a much better choice.

Kouichi

Aw yiss. It's Waluigi's time to shine.

we all know he won the ballot pack it up K.Rool and Snake fans you're done

Raitaro

I'm really hoping for these three characters

Simon Belmont

Shovel Knight

Snake (Because why not?)

As for Stages have one of them be Draculas Castle and the other one a Shovel Knight stage.

I like you!

Simon Belmont especially deserves to be included at this point as one of the most iconic (S)NES era characters.

V-Faction

At this point, I'll take anyone. I've gotten everybody I could ever ask for already. For stages, just pick something the community will tolerate. Anything extra is excess.

kewlmyc

At least they've learned not to put DLC character info into patches now. Ryu would have been the hypest reveal otherwise.

Also, I feel Snake and Bayonetta would jack up the rating of this game to T, which they don't want to do. Didn't Sakurai mention this in an interview about not wanting to add realistic guns this time. They kind of got around it with Snake by having him use rocket launchers and whatnot.

Vets

Wolf - Is getting in. It's when not if at this point. He'll actually be more relevant Q1 2016 than he was when Brawl came out.

Pichu - People like to go "lol Pichu" but he's moderately popular and easy to implement.

The Rest - Squirtle might get in being a unique fighter and a popular Pokemon. Snake seems unlikely. Ice Climbers can't unless they add a solo Ice Climber. Ivysaur isn't even a popular Pokemon, let alone a popular Smash character.

New Comers

Shovel Knight - Based entirely on the rumor, which seems reliable enough. He was also a popular ballot character in NA/Europe. An indie rep would be interesting.

K Rool - Popular in all regions, iconic villain, and long overdue for Smash anyway. Far more unique, visually, than Dixie.

Waddle Dee - Extremely popular character in Japan. Unique spear user. And he's no different than adding Captain Toad or Yoshi, just a member of a larger, generic species.

Inkling - Popular new IP, and a popular ballot character.

Paper Mario - Long overdue to be in Smash Bros. Popular character for Smash (and always has been) and appearing in a new game this year/next year. The fact that there are two other Marios in the game is entirely irrelevant. Ignoring that it's the mascot of the company and half the roster could be Mario, Paper Mario is an entirely different character in a different universe and with a slightly different personality, along with entirely unique abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom