• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U/3DS: 3 Character Slots & 3 Stage Slots Found in Recent Patch Data (1.1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

Stage Predictions:

Death Egg (Sonic 2/3/Generations)
Transitions from:

Character Predictions:

Knuckles_the_echinda.png

Why use knuckles when we can have Robotnick with a moveset similar to Bowser Jr''s? :p

Jawmuncher

Vets

Wolf - Is getting in. It's when not if at this point. He'll actually be more relevant Q1 2016 than he was when Brawl came out.

Pichu - People like to go "lol Pichu" but he's moderately popular and easy to implement.

The Rest - Squirtle might get in being a unique fighter and a popular Pokemon. Snake seems unlikely. Ice Climbers can't unless they add a solo Ice Climber. Ivysaur isn't even a popular Pokemon, let alone a popular Smash character.

New Comers

Shovel Knight - Based entirely on the rumor, which seems reliable enough. He was also a popular ballot character in NA/Europe. An indie rep would be interesting.

K Rool - Popular in all regions, iconic villain, and long overdue for Smash anyway. Far more unique, visually, than Dixie.

Waddle Dee - Extremely popular character in Japan. Unique spear user. And he's no different than adding Captain Toad or Yoshi, just a member of a larger, generic species.

Inkling - Popular new IP, and a popular ballot character.

Paper Mario - Long overdue to be in Smash Bros. Popular character for Smash (and always has been) and appearing in a new game this year/next year. The fact that there are two other Marios in the game is entirely irrelevant. Ignoring that it's the mascot of the company and half the roster could be Mario, Paper Mario is an entirely different character in a different universe and with a slightly different personality, along with entirely unique abilities.

For newcomers the only ones I see even being viable are inklings and shovel knight due to rumors. That's just my gut and nothing else though. I gave up on applying logic to sakurai long ago. If he wants it he gets it.

Clefargle

1. Solid Snake
2. Liquid Snake
3. Big Boss

1. Shadow Moses Island (Remake + Ω)
2. Outer Heaven (Original + Ω)

I'm really hoping for these three characters

Simon Belmont

Shovel Knight

Snake (Because why not?)

As for Stages have one of them be Draculas Castle and the other one a Shovel Knight stage.

Nah snake is better since he's already been in the game. Less work for all.

Snake please

tumblr_mmj174h4uv1rodtxdo3_500.gif

Inkling
Wonderful Red
Shovel Knight

Splatoon and a returning stage (a Zelda or Star Fox related one)

Only new entries. Its for the best.

Arkeband

Banned
Why use knuckles when we can have Robotnick with a moveset similar to Bowser Jr''s? :p

Nintendo tends to lean toward good guys, I'd like to see both Knuckles and Robotnik to round out the Sonic team, but if I had to choose between two representatives, I'd pick Sonic and his clone.

Only if Pumpkin Hill is the only song allowed :p

My Music:

• A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Original)
  • A Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Cash Cash Remix)
  • Death Chamber
  • Unknown From M.E. (Sonic Adventure)
  • Unknown From M.E. (Sonic Adventure 2)
  • Dive Into The Mellow
  • Fly In The Freedom
  • Space Trip Steps

Jawmuncher

I definitely think as some have said that the 3 characters are going to end up like this. There can be any combination of newcomer and veteran. However with only 2 stages were either looking at 1 veteran who already has a stage (such as wolf) and then two newcomers with their own stage. However a newcomer could be returning veteran like *cough* snake who would need a level once again in the game. Since everyone seems to have one area to call home even if it's shared.

That's the way I would like to see. Wouldn't be surprised we get some crazy stuff instead. Oh here's 2 stages for Kirby and 3 new characters with no stage.

Berordn

Which Snake are we talking about, though? Or are we talking about a hybrid Snake of sorts?

I imagine if they did any Snake it'd be like Brawl where the character was Solid Snake but he took inspiration from Big Boss for many of his moves.

I hope one of these is Ridley.

How can they add 3 FE characters but not even one Metroid?

Donkey Kong,Metroid and FZero were there from the beginning. And its a damn shame that they sit there with just 1-2 playable fighters. Same goes for Earthbound.

People are furious about a lot of things. Not like we can control it.

Vets over new comers is popular in Japan. It's even popular elsewhere, but slightly less so.

We're getting Wolf, they're not going to do 100% new comers for DLC, and they shouldn't. It's more work, which means less content overall.

Jawmuncher

Vets over new comers is popular in Japan. It's even popular elsewhere, but slightly less so.

We're getting Wolf, they're not going to do 100% new comers for DLC, and they shouldn't. It's more work, which means less content overall.

Yeah i'm not arguing that fact. Just saying anything can still happen.

Jaeger

I don't think any snake fan would be mad if it became big boss instead.
As long as he's in the game in some form.

I imagine if they did any Snake it'd be like Brawl where the character was Solid Snake but he took inspiration from Big Boss for many of his moves.

I'd actually like to see
Venom Snake. Picture his Bionic Arm using a special slot, and having variations (like the Hand of Jehuty!) has unlockable alternate moves.

Clefargle

Nintendo tends to lean toward good guys, I'd like to see both Knuckles and Robotnik to round out the Sonic team, but if I had to choose between two representatives, I'd pick Sonic and his clone.

Goddamn sonic fans are insatiable, you want not one but two more!?

GenG3000

Seeing how far Sakurai goes to bring back as many fan favourites as he can, I would say it's either Nintendo or Konami against Snake returning back.

It's a pity seing games like this one been held back for business reasons.

pizzacat

Banned
I'd actually like to see
Venom Snake. Picture his Bionic Arm using a special slot, and having variations (like the Hand of Jehuty!) has unlockable alternate moves.
If he plays like spencer I'm there. His smash special got to be "ROCKETUU PAWWNNNCHH"

No more sonic characters. If they added anyone it'd be Tails, and then where does it end? I've seen wish lists made entirely of Sonic characters and the moment you put another in, everyone will start requesting all of his asinine friends. Knuckles, Eggman, Cream, Big, Victor, Charmy, Blaze, Jet, Chris! Put 'em all in!

No. Go ask Sega to make a Super Sega Bros. if you want that shit (I'd actually get that - Billy Hatcher and Aiai fighting it out would be amazing)

No more sonic characters. If they added anyone it'd be Tails, and then where does it end? I've seen wish lists made entirely of Sonic characters and the moment you put another in, everyone will start requesting all of his asinine friends. Knuckles, Eggman, Cream, Big, Victor, Charmy, Blaze, Jet, Chris! Put 'em all in!

No. Go ask Sega to make a Super Sega Bros. if you want that shit (I'd actually get that - Billy Hatcher and Aiai fighting it out would be amazing)

Tails and knuckles. Maybe robotnik. That's it.

Macka

Ice Climbers, Wolf and Isaac please.

As for stages - Wii U needs Corneria and Frigate Orpheon.

Edit: Inklings should be saved for the next Smash imo, and Shovel Knight shouldn't be getting in on the back of one multi-plat game.

kunonabi

They should just balls to the wall give the three spots to Konami and bring in Simon Belmont, Bomberman, and Goemon

All kidding aside I just hope the third character makes up for Wolf and Pichu. I'd want Simon Belmont but I'll settle for it not being some underserving indie character.

Layton would probably be ok since it at least gives Level-5 a rep who is probably the most deserving third party left at this point outside of SE, Konami, and Koei Tecmo.

Of course Nintendo still has plenty of characters and franchises that could do with some Smash representation as well.

woopWOOP

Everyone is so super sure that Wolf will be in just like they were super sure the Smash team wasn't 'stupid enough' to have Roy as DLC.
What I'm saying is I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf didn't make a return :p

Don't get me wrong, I'd like both him and Pichu to return as veterans. Especially Pichu or any of the Pokemon Trainer monsters really, but I have a feeling it's gonna be a bitch to get the Pokemon Company to agree to add in those characters as DLC. Wolf probably has the best chance out of the remaining veterans.

Anyway, since we're posting our 3 most wanted apparently:
- Simon Belmont
- Inkling
- Shantae

I'm good with any character DLC, but any of those three would make me do a little fist pump.

Camjo-Z

She is an "avatar" of a program which eventually got used as a video game. No more different than ROB. Yes ROB is a Nintendo character, but that's not the focus of the comparison - it is that they share similar origins.

Since I only gave a throwaway response to your other comments I'll take this bait:

Why do you keep bringing up ROB? Are you misunderstanding what he is?

He is not some unrelated thing that eventually got used with a game after it became popular. He is a peripheral that was deliberately designed for use with the NES in order to make the system seem more appealing to retailers after the Atari video game crash. He has no other purpose, he can't be used with anything other than his two NES games, his origins are unmistakably linked with video games - which, as far as I know, is basically Sakurai's only justification for a character in order to keep Smash from being a totally random crossover. This is not remotely equivalent to a synthesizer mascot who later starred in video games after becoming popular from her other, non-video game-related ventures. Any attempt to link the two in order to claim "they're both not from a video game, but later got used in them!" is just desperately clinging to semantics in order to justify your off-the-wall character choice.

And the suggestion that the synthesizer technology she uses has become its own "niche genre" is BS because "one specific set of games starring Miku" is not a genre. That's like calling Mario or Pokemon its own genre. No, they're platformers and RPGs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know there aren't any rhythm games on the market using Vocaloid technology as a major focus that aren't SEGA-made Vocaloid games.

You can try to jump through hoops and move that goalpost as much as you want, but these are actual, provable facts.

The only character I feel comfortable putting any kind of money on is Wolf for a variety of reasons (last big/popular vet unaccounted for, advertisement for Zero, probably getting an amiibo already thanks to SFZ, Roy and Lucas came back) after that it gets fuzzy because of the whole ballot thing. K Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Snake, Inklings, Shovel Knight, Shantae, and Bandana Dee among others all continue to be popular "FOR SMASH" and depending upon how Sakurai views the ballot and decides to make characters from it any of them seem possible. At the same time we're assuming that some of these slots are for ballot characters when for all we know they may not even start working on ballot characters until the thing officially closes and these 3 are more characters like Ryu/Roy that were already planned.

Obviously it's probably safest to think "Wolf and 2 ballot and we're done till Smash 5" at the same time there truly is no way to know as what we think will happen with DLC continues to shatter expectations. We've gotten a 3rd party DLC character, we've seen clones come back luigified, and we have system exclusive stages so truly we have no way of knowing what the plan is.

Tails and knuckles. Maybe robotnik. That's it.

If Sonic was going to be treated like other series' where sidekicks and villains are added then yes, those would be the 4 to perfectly represent the series. But while Sonic is under the control of Sega and remains a third party character, his inclusion should stay as the one and only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom