• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhh Call of Duty: Black Ops II has now 125k people online on Xbox One/360

Very impressive actually. Kudos to MS for keeping these games alive and for actually making it a financial benefit for publishers. BC is the gift that keeps giving.

Card Boy

Banned
Nah, BO2 got upwards of like 500k during launch. It's still big though.

Wish BC was better though. Game looks like shit now and feels off. :(

Maybe on PS3, i was there at launch and there was 1.2 million concurrent users on Xbox 360 on Black Ops 2 on launch weekend.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
BO2 was amazing and while I think BO3 fixed pretty much every issue with the game, people just dont like the jumping and super mechanics. it's extremely frustrating to go on a killstreak and then get one hit killed by some noob who didnt earn it.

Fury451

Banned
Pretty sure that well into this new generation I still saw a steady 100 to 150,000 on the PS3. The game is still great, it's not a surprise really.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
COD was what made XBL on 360, eclipsing Halo after Halo 3...funny how MW1 which started that avalanche landed the same year as Halo 3 itself

Swiggins

Warthog was best killstreak.

Agreed, it may not have been the most effective killer, but there's no denying it was the most satisfying.

OT: I'm happy that MS has made a concerted effort to keep backwards compatibility alive. I'm genuinely jealous of the One's ability to play yesteryear's games, especially when I have such an extensive library of 360 games that I can't play anymore.

black070

Are you sure the numbers are inflated due to BC ? I have friends playing Black Ops 2 on PS3/360 quite regularly and the player count is always pretty high.

test_account

XP-39C²
Around 2000 haha. After it was added it went to 4000 and within the hour to 30.000.
Are you sure about that? I just booted my PS3 to see what the player count is there in comparison, and right now its 44,479 users online.

I dont doubt that the BC increased the player count, but i'm not sure that it was as low as 2000 before.

RedRum

Banned
Are you sure the numbers are inflated due to BC ? I have friends playing Black Ops 2 on PS3/360 quite regularly and the player count is always pretty high.

Are you sure about that? I just booted my PS3 to see what the player count is there in comparison, and right now its 44,479 users online.

I dont doubt that the BC increased the player count, but i'm not sure that it was as low as 2000 before.

Yesterday around 6pm my time the population was 44K. Not sure before BC but I think I would be comfortable saying it wasn't that high. I expect even higher numbers this weekend.

I remember i tried to play WaW on 360 again many years ago, probably around the time BO2 came out, and it was filled with hackers and modified servers. Is that still an issue for the BC games or are they safe to play?

test_account

XP-39C²
Yesterday around 6pm my time the population was 44K. Not sure before BC but I think I would be comfortable saying it wasn't that high. I expect even higher numbers this weekend.
44k sounds more likely. 2k sounds too low i think. Wouldnt surprise me if even the WiiU version still as around 2k users (which it had some time after launch) :)

Seems reasonable enough though I wouldn't trust the numbers without knowing how they're produced.

A lot of these numbers just report the number of players online in the last 6 hours, 12 hours, or even day.

Nere

As someone who started disliking Call of Duty from MW3 and upwards just because they made all the maps small and a pure gankfest, how are the maps on Black ops 2?

KDC720

Blops 2 has always remained pretty active even through the start of the new generation iirc.

It was the go to for people who thought Ghosts was just bad, but also hated the movement systems of AW/Blops3/IW. BC makes it much easier for a lot of people to play it now so this isn't too surprising.

bubumiao

Was waiting for this to happen before getting a gold membership again (primarily play ps4 nowadays).

I don't have an Xbox one, just a 360.

Col.Asher

I had fun times with this game. Using the fortress of doom kill streaks(microwave and auto-turret) and squatting in a building.

Top Bottom