• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhh Call of Duty: Black Ops II has now 125k people online on Xbox One/360

Couldn't agree more, BO3 just oozes style all over. Even little things like the main menu design, the loading screen with the 'face-off' of characters, the design of the create-a-class system, & even the pictures for the perks.

Contrast that to IW's extremely dull, & despressing light grey robotic theme all over the place. Uninspiring & just boring maps in general. Just seems like Treyarch had more 'fun' making their game & got creative with it.

Yup,

BO3 even had little things like letting you pick your display weapon, meanwhile IW is all Warfighters holding the stupid ricochet mg.

BO3 isn't exactly what I want in Call of Duty MP but I definitely recognize it as a darn good MP shooter.
I just wish Infinity Ward could do another IW but have the MP be something entirely different from that setting.

170k, 150k etc. Holy shit. Do we have concurrent PS3 numbers? Don't think it would be close to this but will definitely be a lot.

Also, there are around 800+ players currently on PC. Since ActiBlizz is the parent company for both Activision and Blizzard, there should be a reason for annual CoD's not releasing on Battle.net along with Steam. I mean, it's not gonna reverse the abomination of a playerbase PC has currently for CoD, but it will help won't it? Not just Battle.net, but Steam + Batlle.net + GOG. Or are they afraid about CoD penetrating the WaW and the OW playerbase (that will never happen for various reasons)?

Kopite

I think this game originally shipped(PC) with some absurd lag compensation in my region/country which soured the experience for me, especially as I enjoyed MW1, 2 and even 3. Never went back to COD or any casual FPSs again.

I have to laugh,for 2017 is the year for RPG GAMERS.

MWAHAHAHHAHAHA!

VENGEANCE IS SWEET!
wtf%20%282%29.gif

Ghosts was super dull and boring and had that horrid time-to-kill speed.

AW introduced the god awful exo-suit boost jumping crap.

Black Ops 3's multiplayer didn't click with me (mechanics were slightly better than AW's but boost jumping just doesn't belong in a COD game). The campaign is arguably the worst and most forgettable in the series and Zombies just got too complex and convoluted.

I didn't even bother buying Infinite Warfare.

So yeah, when Black Ops II was announced as BC title I straight up went running back to it.

Amazing! I'm always surprised to find online communties still thriving in older games. I played some matches in Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition a few months ago, found them almost instantly.

Even with all the mocking, if even one million people on X1s are using BC, that says to me "no one uses BC". That's an irrelevant percentage. Like, how many people are willing to buy the console strictly for BC is a small % of those who will use it just because they can...so unless it was basically free to Microsoft I think it's wasted dollars. It's clearly not helping them catch up to Sony in any meaningful fashion.

You guys seem so proud of this number like it proves something. Like the PS4 is going to die any day now because they don't have BC.
Warriors gotta fight right? Get the fuck out with this console war Bs.

I always preferred IW cod games. Although Ghosts was the last one I ever played.

I do game sharing with a friend and he has Black Ops 2 digital. I'm gonna give it a shot. Although I think heroin is the only thing I could become more addicted to than Gears 4 right now :/

I have to laugh,for 2017 is the year for RPG GAMERS.

MWAHAHAHHAHAHA!

VENGEANCE IS SWEET!
I have no idea what the hell this is supposed to be.

Metalmarc

I bet some of those are just fans of the Dooo (youtuber) hoping to bump into him playing Guitar, what they dont realise is that he now plays black op3 on the ps4

The rest just love the damn game

kuYuri

Im only talking multiplayer, IW's campaign is my favorite after COD4 with BO2 3rd.
I hated IW's multiplayer design direction yet loved the campaign's
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.ne...est/scale-to-width-down/480?cb=20170119211356
vs
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.ne...est/scale-to-width-down/290?cb=20160903000617
this mess for example.

BO3 is the reverse the MP art direction was farrrrrrrrrrrrr better with the characters and maps.

Goofy stuff kinda sucked at first but BO3 at least went all in on it and in the end it felt truly unique,
it even had a VR meta story going on....
And yet the campaign is the worst thing in the series.

Would not agree. A number of BO3's base maps are the same boring, generic brown desert environments. Breach, Havoc, Fringe, did we really need this many brown, desert environments? Thank goodness for DLC maps that change up the aesthetics.

At least IW mixes things up more with the environments that look distinctly different. Killer DLC map aesthetics too.

DLC Map:

Does the BO2 season pass ever go on sale? I'm considering it, but there's zero chance I'll pay the full $50. Not happening.

You just missed a sale on it.

Nah, BO2 got upwards of like 500k during launch. It's still big though.

Wish BC was better though. Game looks like shit now and feels off. :(

Its huge numbers for most if not all games, just not for COD.

What's the point of this post? Just so you can paint a hypothetical scenario in which PS4 has BC for your dick waving contest?

Its a positive xbox thread, so yes. The sony defense force never rests.

Kalentan

Would not agree. A number of BO3's base maps are the same boring, generic brown desert environments. Breach, Havoc, Fringe, did we really need this many brown, desert environments? Thank goodness for DLC maps that change up the aesthetics.

At least IW mixes things up more with the environments that look distinctly different. Killer DLC map aesthetics too.

DLC Map:

I need to get some screenshots of Turista which is hands down one of the most gorgeous maps in all of CoD.

BigDug13

Doubt it. Call of Duty still outsold on Xbox in the past so it would be huge on BC and I believe it still does for the most part even with the marketing deal.

While this is true, a lot of 360 people jumped to PS4 this cycle, I'm sure many of them were CoD fans. If there was a such thing as PS3 BC, a lot of those people would probably go out and buy the old PS3 version of these games.

I agree that those numbers wouldn't be the same though. Or with the install base difference, could it?

Even with all the mocking, if even one million people on X1s are using BC, that says to me "no one uses BC". That's an irrelevant percentage. Like, how many people are willing to buy the console strictly for BC is a small % of those who will use it just because they can...so unless it was basically free to Microsoft I think it's wasted dollars. It's clearly not helping them catch up to Sony in any meaningful fashion.

You guys seem so proud of this number like it proves something. Like the PS4 is going to die any day now because they don't have BC.

What is wrong with you? Clearly there are some insecurity issues gong on here judging by your bizarre post. Go outside and get some fresh air or something.

wtf? How is this allowed? I've seen bans for way less.

dreamfall

Since it went backwards compatible, it's all I've been playing and reveling in nostalgia.

The immediacy of turning on the console, using those triggers, getting into a couple team death matches and leaving feels so good.

My XBO has become a BC machine - Bully, GTA IV, RDR, TTT2, BO1+2 - it's like I never left last gen.

If they say Scorpio ups the resolutions for old games, I'm in.

Reading this, I'm not sure what it means. Does it mean BC on consoles is important? Does it mean that the new gens still lack a MP with staying power? Does it mean COD since BO2 doesn't give their community what they want?

From my perspective, it is some of all three. I would continue to play older gen MP games if they got continued support. Not content but support for cheaters ect.

Other than Siege, I can't think of a game over the last couple years that had me playing or coming back.

And while I didn't think much of BO2, but it does seem many in the COD community felt like it was the last good COD.

Just saying some thoughts nothing more.

Lol what is this nonsense

Van Bur3n

Black Ops 2 was the COD where I thought to myself "that's enough" when it started to hit the more futuristic settings. Although I had some interest in its single player since it continues off from the Cold War story from the first Black Ops in some sequences, as I really liked Black Ops' story. But it wasn't enough to convince me to play it.

To me, the first Black Ops is one of the best CODs. Right there with COD2 and COD4.

Top Bottom