• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhh Call of Duty: Black Ops II has now 125k people online on Xbox One/360

MarveI

Man I really hated Black Ops 3's zombie maps.
Soooo complicated and big. I just want to kick back and not overthink it and just have fun.

Glad I kept my BO2. Just played a bit of Town and had fun, small map. And Mob of the dead will forever be my GOAT zombie map. It's the right amount of complicated but not too complicated. Simplistic but also rewarding.

Never really liked COD. But I bought all black ops from 1-3 just and just for the zombie mode. Coop online is my jam.

Id play the crap outta bo2

Its amazing how ms has managed to become the ones to tout the fan favourite features this gen

Sony's streaming stuff has really hurt consumers

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Interesting.

Never liked blackops myself.

Interested in the numbers for MW Remastered at launch.

Just got all the map DLC to work (was linked to an old email with forgotten password) and been playing my beloved Excavation zombies <333 Digging was a pastime for me. I have the world record for gold shovel retrieval - had it at round seven once.

I was on it earlier today in the morning on PS3 and there was around 50k people playing. This was during complete off peak hours. I could easily see it reaching 70-80k during peak hours on PS3. On the playstation systems the game doesn't even have BC. These are some really crazy numbers.

BO2 really was an amazing game. Having played all the newer CODs, it's undoubtedly has the best MP in the series IMO.

Warthog was best killstreak.

The sound that Warthog makes when coming in is still the single greatest sound in COD history. I can't believe they didn't incorporate something like that ever again to the streaks.

It literally feels like some kind of Eldrich Monstrosity is about to swoop in and snatch yo ass up just from that sound alone.

RoKKeR

I'm not quite sure how this statistic works, but still... (this is for the US)

ZGdfJKB.png

Well ahead of BO3. (which is well ahead of IW)

For reference, BF1 24hr peak was 65k.

Need some context here. Is that good? Bad? Average?

Black Ops 2 is about 5 Call of Duty games old, and that is slightly below the old average on PS3 a few months after release.
Considering Ghosts, Advanced, Black Ops 3, Infinite and Remastered have all released since then it is pretty amazing.
Ghosts on PS4 can't even get a room going if you have DLC.

Chris1

33% drop off that's absolutely horrible guess no one does really want Bc
But seriously 100k on one console for a 5 year old game that's Brazy anyone know numbers prior to Bc?

To be fair the post was originally made ~3.5 hours from now.. It should still rise as more Americans get on :p

I know you're joking tho, just saying

BSherrod

Got it digital during the Spring Sale and visually it holds up a lot better than I thought it would. I hope they fix the horizontal aliasing issue at some point.

kuYuri

33% drop off that's absolutely horrible guess no one does really want Bc
But seriously 100k on one console for a 5 year old game that's Brazy anyone know numbers prior to Bc?

I haven't logged on in a few months, but it typically was around 40k - 50k peak last I checked. So BC essentially doubled the population.

Djostikk

Is it playable on PC nowadays, or cluttered with cheaters/dead as well as other CoD games on PC? Sadly I don't have Xbox One. Guess I just have to wait for WWII.

Even with all the mocking, if even one million people on X1s are using BC, that says to me "no one uses BC". That's an irrelevant percentage. Like, how many people are willing to buy the console strictly for BC is a small % of those who will use it just because they can...so unless it was basically free to Microsoft I think it's wasted dollars. It's clearly not helping them catch up to Sony in any meaningful fashion.

You guys seem so proud of this number like it proves something. Like the PS4 is going to die any day now because they don't have BC.

Even with all the mocking, if even one million people out of 25 million X1s are using BC, that literally says to me "no one uses BC". That's an irrelevant percentage. Like, how many people are willing to buy the console strictly for BC is a small % of those who will use it just because they can...so unless it was basically free to Microsoft I think it's wasted dollars. It's clearly not helping them catch up to Sony in any meaningful fashion.

You guys seem so proud of this number like it proves something. Like the PS4 is going to die any day now because they don't have BC.

I told my PS4 it would be ok. I think she believes me.

Trup1aya

Even with all the mocking, if even one million people on X1s are using BC, that says to me "no one uses BC". That's an irrelevant percentage. Like, how many people are willing to buy the console strictly for BC is a small % of those who will use it just because they can...so unless it was basically free to Microsoft I think it's wasted dollars. It's clearly not helping them catch up to Sony in any meaningful fashion.

How would 1 million people finding added value in their purchases insignificant? Or publishers being create new customers with old properties. Or publishers being able to sell DLC for titles that have since stopped generating revenue.

'Nioh has only sold one million, so even if one million people on PS4 are playing Nioh, that says to me "nobody likes Nioh". It's an irrelevant percentage'

Come on man. BC is a feature that Xbox owners wanted. It's good to have and helps diversify the library for people that missed out on some of the games last gen. Others, like myself, are interested in seeing how the Scorpio improves last gen games as well. It's nice to see older games experience a bit of a revival too. I don't care for Black Ops 2, but obviously a fair amount of people do. Additionally, BC probably is making Microsoft some money. No need to be so condescending with that console warrior shit.

Edit:

How would 1 million people finding added value in their purchases insignificant? Or publishers being create new customers with old properties. Or publishers being able to sell DLC for titles that have since stopped generating revenue.

This as well

...Why are you bringing up PS4 at all? No one else brought it up, only you. I am proud of the number, because it ensures the game has a good MP player base.

Castef

Banned

Why did you post this?

Van Bur3n

Seeing all this made me buy this game, but this price! Isn't it a little to much?
Screenshot_25.png

Activision is perhaps the least generous company when it comes to their prices. Even on a sale, COD game prices are hardly cut. Probably because they sell regardless of the price so why cut it?

People were already willing to spend $80 for COD.

KJRS_1993

Black Ops II multiplayer was absolutely excellent, and by far remains the best out of the past five entries.

Very glad to see it's still going strong, and envious of those Xbox One owners able to jump back in.

Top Bottom