• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, who's buying Mad Max next week?

UrbanRats

$19.99 on CDKeys com

I've ordered from them before and had no issues & they accept PayPal.

They're not an authorized retailer, AFAIK.
I also thought they were banned on GAF.

I'm not saying they scam you 100% of the time, but as i understand it, there's always a chance you could run in trouble for using non authorized reseller's keys, plus your money do not go to the developers (though that's also true when you buy used, i guess).

I find it slightly strange on EG's website that there are adverts (albeit advertising an energy drink) for Just Cause 3 (coming Dec) and I've yet to see anything advertising wise (except gameplay streaming) for Mad Max.

Apparently mine has shipped and might be with me tomorrow (fingers crossed). Hopefully i can have at least finished Until Dawn, so I can give it a go without feeling guilty of a game unfinished.

Tangeroo

They're not an authorized retailer, AFAIK.
I also thought they were banned on GAF.

I'm not saying they scam you 100% of the time, but as i understand it, there's always a chance you could run in trouble for using non authorized reseller's keys, plus your money do not go to the developers (though that's also true when you buy used, i guess).

Fair enough. Link deleted. I assumed they source their keys the same way GMG does and they have almost exclusively high retailer reviews but I'll take your word for it.

I really enjoy Australian cinema, especially from the 70's and 80's precisely for this reason. I also grew up with Round the Twist...

Never heard of it. But I'll keep and open mind on the subject. Any other examples you can think of? I'd be down for watching a good Ausploitation flick if you've got one to suggest.

Kamina777

Banned
No dice at GameStop but I tried! Also disappointed there's no midnight launch. I guess MGSV and this didn't warrant it. =/
maybe the pre order numbers for that particular store were low..try calling other gamestops in your area to see if they are having one!

True but you don't see me posting the overrated and overhyped comment in the MGSV topic like some are doing in regards to Mad Max.
Don't take it too personal, it probably has the worst possible release date of any game in recent memory, but if it's good, after the mgs5 hype dies down it will get its day.

maybe the pre order numbers for that particular store were low..try calling other gamestops in your area to see if they are having one!

Don't take it too personal, it probably has the worst possible release date of any game in recent memory, but if it's good, after the mgs5 hype dies down it will get its day.

No kidding. It's being shoved out to die. They should have either worked to release earlier this month or pushed it back to early October to give it some room between MGSV and Halo 5. In the end I don't care as I got both and will just be switching back and forth when the mood strikes, but I'd bet it will affect WB's/Avalanche's bottom line in a negative way. That said, there is something to be said about it releasing next to the movie's blu ray release, but I'd bet that those that wanted Fury Road already own it in some fashion across Amazon Digital/Vudu and it'd have been better for the game proper to have released when people have had their fill of MGSV, or at least let the shine of that goddamn technical achievement wear off a bit. I'm very impressed with MGSV from what I've seen.

When do ya'll expect GMG to throw me my key

zaclgKD.gif

Sitting here waiting myself. ^ should help pass the time.

How many of you watched the whole thing?

Never heard of it. But I'll keep and open mind on the subject. Any other examples you can think of? I'd be down for watching a good Ausploitation flick if you've got one to suggest.

Completely off topic, but there's a few. If you found the original Mad Max a bit much though, some of these aren't going to be your thing at all lol

I think the only reason I saw half of these is because the UK has kind of a close relationship with Australia, you'd usually find these kind of films shown at like 1am on BBC2.

Dead End Drive In
Dead Calm
Wake In Fright
Long Weekend
Escape 2000 (Turkey Shoot)
Bad Boy Bubby
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Walkabout
Razorback

Round the Twist was an Australian kids TV show that was on when I was growing up.

HjDcFWd.gif

I don't think people appreciate the inherent Australian weirdness that is the original.

Every time a villain died in the original Mad Max and the camera cuts to one some guy doing the whole "Fox's Guinness World Records show eye bulge" thing, I busted out laughing. It's too good.

Beyond Thunderdome is the worst Mad Max. First half hour is alright. Once the kids show up? Nope.

On topic: man this game looks alright. It's going to get buried by Phantom Pain (both in my backlog and, realistically, at retail), but everything posted so far in this thread looks better than the months of same-y previews have indicated.

M.W.

Lol I just watched a streamer drive off the map...the game will eventually kill you. You can't keep going.

Tigress

Amazon has a $7.00 discount on Mad Max if you are a Prime member and pre order from them.
Mad Max - PlayStation 4 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DBM1RVA/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I'm not seeing it, even put it in my cart.

That's ok, I'm planning on using up the last of my credit from trading in my games for 3x value last year at Target so the game will only cost me around 30 bux (for the PS4 version). Still.. one could argue if I bought it cheaper elsewhere I could just use that target credit later on a game I couldn't get a cheaper price on.

Completely off topic, but there's a few. If you found the original Mad Max a bit much though, some of these aren't going to be your thing at all lol

I think the only reason I saw half of these is because the UK has kind of a close relationship with Australia, you'd usually find these kind of films shown at like 1am on BBC2.

Escape 2000 (Turkey Shoot)

Round the Twist was an Australian kids TV show that was on when I was growing up.

looking some of those up I found this gem of a movie poster.

p7790_p_v7_aa.jpg

Pretty much how I remembered the year 2000.

I'll check some of these out. I like what I read about the Long Weekend with the couple camping in the woods and doing "crimes against nature, and nature answering back." My kinda cheese. Thanks for the list!

I did, that's pretty entrancing... and way better than I could ever do.

Hahaha, there's always one. First time I saw the gif I accidentally clicked back and had to go and rewatch to the end.

looking some of those up I found this gem of a movie poster.

p7790_p_v7_aa.jpg

Pretty much how I remembered the year 2000.

I'll check some of these out. I like what I read about the one with the couple camping in the woods and doing "crimes against nature, and nature answering back." My kinda cheese. Thanks for the list!

Hahaha, there's always one. First time I saw the gif I accidentally clicked back and had to go and rewatch to the end.

Long Weekend. Yeah, watched that when I was really young and it stayed in my head. Years later I couldn't remember the name of it, I had a huge film encyclopaedia and started reading through it trying to find this odd film but couldn't (turned out it wasn't in there.) It wasn't until I got the internet and did a search for the basic plot and finally found out what it was called. Ended up ordering the dvd from Australia. It was remade a few years ago I think, but I have never seen it.

On topic for once, after watching a few more videos of this game, it doesn't look quite as bad as I thought. It's a shame the only spare money I have is in my Steam Wallet, I'd have probably gone for that GMG 50% off deal. Oh well, Metal Gear in a few days anyway.

On topic for once, after watching a few more videos of this game, it doesn't look quite as bad as I thought. It's a shame the only spare money I have is in my Steam Wallet, I'd have probably gone for that GMG 50% off deal. Oh well, Metal Gear in a few days anyway.

Sucks, bummer to hear man.

What's your Steam ID? Maybe i'll come invade you in Metal Gear.

I wish i could buy it but there are so many other titles this month I badly wan't, like MGS5, Mario Maker, and Destiny The taken King. I'm from Canada, normaly i would have added Mad Max, but the prices of games have seriously gone up it's crazy, our dollar is simply not doing well so :( maybe next month if there is not to many titles i want and also if the reviews of it are good.

soultron

Banned
I wish i could buy it but there are so many other titles this month I badly wan't, like MGS5, Mario Maker, and Destiny The taken King. I'm from Canada, normaly i would have added Mad Max, but the prices of games have seriously gone up it's crazy, our dollar is simply not doing well so :( maybe next month if there is not to many titles i want and also if the reviews of it are good.
Times like these are really forcing me to buy multiplatform games on PC. The dollar for us is really in the tank, and retail game prices are high as you mentioned, so discounts on sites like GMG force me to go for the PC version. If I had not seen the 50% off voucher in the OP, I'd be skipping on it though.

Yeah, it's reminiscent of the night-time scenes in Fury Road, which were shot day for night. Very nice touch.

I'm just so impressed on how dedicated and planned out Fury Road was. Wasn't the entire movie more less completely storyboarded with almost a 1:1 transition from storyboard to film? Miller is just a genius level director. That movie is directly responsible for my hype for this game. It just blows my mind that he went from Mad Max, to Babe:pig in the City to Happy Feet and then back to Mad Max. George Miller is very very talented.

Definix stream is pretty good so far.

Times like these are really forcing me to buy multiplatform games on PC. The dollar for us is really in the tank, and retail game prices are high as you mentioned, so discounts on sites like GMG force me to go for the PC version. If I had not seen the 50% off voucher in the OP, I'd be skipping on it though.

Is GMG PC only?

So in the stream I'm watching, you can just keep driving outside the map for what feels like forever as long as you have the fuel.

So in the stream I'm watching, you can just keep driving outside the map for what feels like forever as long as you have the fuel.

Yup, its an endless desert, but you will die at some point, due to storms or enemies.

Also in one of the recent demos / streams the WB Games PR guy stated that when you do run out of fuel, the car doesn't stop, it just drives much slower.

The only game with a worse launch date I can recall is The Wonderful 101, which came the same week as GTAV.

Hip Hop

I'm actually very much interested in this game but would like to see reviews first.

Will probably get this first before MGSV if it turns out good. The online multiplayer delay of Metal Gear held off my purchase a bit since it is not coming out till next year on PC.

I'm actually very much interested in this game but would like to see reviews first.

Will probably get this first before MGSV if it turns out good. The online multiplayer delay of Metal Gear held off my purchase a bit since it is not coming out till next year on PC.

Was the online really that good? I tried looking up some videos on youtube a few weeks ago and couldn't find anything that made it seem compelling, it looked like simple dm's with some minor sneaking.

Pyro.

So, anybody that has played it, can you turn off portions of the hud and minimap objects? Details?
Sorry if I missed this being answered already.

Top Bottom