• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, who's buying Mad Max next week?

Hip Hop

That's nice. I wonder what kind of specs you would need to comfortably run it well.

If I could do 30fps at max settings with my GTX 670, I would be happy.

60FPS and over would be awesome though.

Daximuss

Anyone know if the pre load is up for PS4?

So, just to be clear, this game goes live before midnight on Monday night? I'm in the eastern time zone (NA).

Simo

So, just to be clear, this game goes live before midnight on Monday night? I'm in the eastern time zone (NA).

It should go live at midnight if you're in Eastern Time. West Coasters will be the ones to get it early as a result.

I must have missed that. That is awesome news. I wonder if I'll be able to hit 144fps. Thanks for mentioning this, you have no inflated my hype balloon even further.

I'm not complaining, I'll take PC footage all day. Just seems a bit shady of Sony to edit in their PS logo on top of PC footage.

I was mstaken...it was the stream they did on Machinima's Twitch channel...here's the video (the question and answer is at 27:00 minutes)

http://www.twitch.tv/machinima/v/12962145

Lulubop

I must have missed that. That is awesome news. I wonder if I'll be able to hit 144fps. Thanks for mentioning this, you have no inflated my hype balloon even further.

I'm not complaining, I'll take PC footage all day. Just seems a bit shady of Sony to edit in their PS logo on top of PC footage.

Didn't MS do the same for a Witcher 3 trailer and they got a ton of shit for it?

Pre load from my experience begins the Sunday before Tuesday relase, and usually starts around 12pm PST.

And the game goes live Monday night 9pm PST

That's nice. I wonder what kind of specs you would need to comfortably run it well.
If I could do 30fps at max settings with my GTX 670, I would be happy.
60FPS and over would be awesome though.

Taken from the Steam

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-650, 3.2 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 Ghz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660ti (2 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB Memory or higher)
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 32 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (3 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (3 GB Memory or higher)

Daximuss

Pre load begins tomorrow ( Sunday ) , and usually it starts around 12pm PST.

And the game goes live Monday night 9pm PST

Taken from the Steam

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-650, 3.2 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 Ghz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660ti (2 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB Memory or higher)

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (3 GB Memory or higher) or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (3 GB Memory or higher)

Much appreciated.

I was mstaken...it was the stream they did on Machinima's Twitch channel...here's the video (the question and answer is at 27:00 minutes)

http://www.twitch.tv/machinima/v/12962145
Thanks, gonna check it out.
Didn't MS do the same for a Witcher 3 trailer and they got a ton of shit for it?

I dunno, but I would hope that the consumer would call them out on their shit.

I'd be pissed off if I was expecting the trailers from the official channels of either console maker weren't showing footage representative of the actual version I'd be able to play.

Anyone have any footage of the dog? I've seen them mention that a few times but I've yet to see any gameplay footage. I hope the dog doesn't get Road Warrior'd.

kinggroin

Banned
Oh, you've played it, then? Because I assume you must have. Please, more impressions!

Great comment. Would fit right in with youtube or twitch chat comments.

Ive played the game for several hours now and I think ive given honest impressions a few pages back but its definitely not a shitty game. Some people will be turned off by the assassin creed style map and formula but other than that the ground combat, car combat and graphics are excellent imo.

The shit posting in this thread is fucking nuts.

280.gif

Don't worry, I think you'll be banned soon ;)

Why ask the question in the OP if you can't handle the answer. No, I am not picking up this tripe looking piece of shit software. Every single preview and hands on video has only served to solidify its mediocrity in my eyes. There was a chance to capture my attention to buy it, and nothing - not even the new impressions in here, have done that.

The Mad Max movie on the other hand, had me at hello.

Edit: No hard feelings anyway. I'm glad some of you are excited to play it.

Why ask the question in the OP if you can't handle the answer. No, I am not picking up this tripe looking piece of shit software. Every single preview and hands on video has only served to solidify its mediocrity in my eyes. There was a chance to capture my attention to buy it, and nothing - not even the new impressions I'm here, have done that.

Do you really need someone to explain to you why just coming in and saying
The movie sure, not the shitty game
on a game that has absolutely zero reviews out, is considered shit posting? I mean, at least explain yourself. There has been some great, detailed criticisms from Praxis, Bedlam, Agent_4Seven, etc. as to why they think it won't be good and people are fine with that, well except daniel77733:)P). Not just a plain shit-post like yours.

edit: In fact Agent_4Seven got a lot of flak for a similar post until he explained himself better.

GRaider81

Why ask the question in the OP if you can't handle the answer. No, I am not picking up this tripe looking piece of shit software. Every single preview and hands on video has only served to solidify its mediocrity in my eyes. There was a chance to capture my attention to buy it, and nothing - not even the new impressions in here, have done that.

Maybe tone down this kind of trash talk that is completely shit posting

This isn't Twitch, IGN, youtube etc

Definity

Yeah, that chat was awful. Which sucks as there were a few guys there that had some interesting things to say. O well. You got DDOS'd? really?

...finally back to life!
Dinner for me then back to the story missions. Think I need to do some serious car upgrades. I keep getting smoked when a war party shows up.

Couldn't just say a simple "No, I have no interest in this game"?

...finally back to life!
Dinner for me then back to the story missions. Think I need to do some serious car upgrades. I keep getting smoked when a war party shows up.

Word, lemme know when you start. Now that I know I have:

pcp.gif

I'll enjoy it a lot more to cut the trolling.

kinggroin

Banned
Maybe tone down this kind of trash talk that is completely shit posting

This isn't Twitch, IGN, youtube etc

No. I've done nothing wrong.

I said "looking". It looks like shitty software, and I'm not budging on my opinion because those that are excited to play (which is great, really) are overly sensitive.

I had one post, one answer to the OP question. Ya'll should have ignored it and continued on with discussing the positive stuff. Or. Ask me why instead fighting "fire" with fire.

Look, before anyone else quotes me, if a mod bans me at least feel some vindication that you guys are right about my post. If not, Yo, just carry on.

My promise either way, I won't "contribute" further ;-)

I said "looking". It looks like shitty software, and I'm not budging on my opinion because those that are excited to play (which is great, really) are overly sensitive.

I had one post, one answer to the OP question. Ya'll should have ignored it and continued on with discussing the positive stuff. Or. Ask me why instead fighting "fire" with fire.

Look, before anyone else quotes me, if a mod bans me at least feel some vindication that you guys are right about my post. If not, Yo, just carry on.

your initial post that got all of those responses said nothing about "looking" any certain way...you flat out called the game "shitty" so of course people are going to respond and call out comments like that...you want people to just ignore what you say and "move along" but when you make comments like that you know they won't...if you wanted people to know your opinion on the initial question you would have simply just said "No, I'm not" and, like you said, moved along

First off, you said,

The movie sure, not the shitty game

Don't try and coat in any other direction. I think the fact that you also don't really care to explain your reasons in any kind of way speaks to the quality of your post's here.

Secondly:

fWx327.gif

-----------------

I really really like the wrestling moves I've seen. I don't like wrestling and haven't watched it since I was a kid, but it looks so bad ass in this game. In my head I can hear Ol' JR, saying "Oh my god, over the rope to Hell, he's killed him, he has killed that man, that man is dead!!!"

Definity

Word, lemme know when you start. Now that I know I have:

pcp.gif

I'll enjoy it a lot more to cut the trolling.

lol, I think I'm done for good streaming now. I had a message from playstation in my notifications tab when I was finally able to sign back in - said something along the lines of me staying within the terms of service while using PSN.

I've got some pretty cool gifs I will throw in here later tonight though!

What I've seen of the game looks really good, but unfortunately (or fortunately?) my backlog moves this game to summer or winter 2016 steam sale. Definitely want to play it though.

The question on my mind is if you'll still hold this opinion if it's received generally positively upon release.

lol, I think I'm done for good streaming now. I had a message from playstation in my notifications tab when I was finally able to sign back in - said something along the lines of me staying within the terms of service while using PSN.

I've got some pretty cool gifs I will throw in here later tonight though!

You get any footage of the dog?

c0Zm1c

You absolutely don't have to budge on your opinion, but elaborating on why would have been a better contribution. "Shitty software" is an empty opinion.

I just hope I don't regret spending the money I'll be getting back from my Arkham Knight Season Pass refund on this. I mean, it'll at least probably provide more entertainment than that would've.

I felt the SAME exact way about Mordor. The teleport attack was bad ass, but not enough. And using the lion things wasn't enough.

By all indications, PC version will be fine. JC2 was great on PC and they've shown ~20 min's of footage or so of Mad Max running on PC, but it was broadcast at 720p as to make it available to the widest possible audience so it's hard to make a judgement on the quality of the port. But the 20 mins or so looked fine, framerate was 30fps but they say it'll run at 60 and I didn't notice any major issues.

Footage if you're interested.

They showed the PC version this week on a Twitch stream. They didn't archive it (or any of the other streams on their official Mad Max channel) so there's only a small clip on Youtube I could find. From everything I saw it ran with no issues and they did it to mainly show people they had things under control. I believe they also made a comment on another stream that internally the PC version was the best version of the game when they tested things. I'll put the clip below of some of the PC footage...just skip a couple minutes into it to get to the gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIUQSeeIWX0

Thanks for letting me know. It sounds promising that they have actually shown it running. Something I'm a bit worried about with MGS, but we all know about Konami recently, so I'm hoping it's just them being ignorant rather than deceiving. I just need to get another game purchase past my wife, I'm sure she won't understand why I need two new games at the same time haha.

I do wish they could've used the "Nemesis system" gimmick since they're seemingly using the Batman/Mordor combat system, hell I wish the last Arkham Knight could've used it too.

I do wish they could've used the "Nemesis system" gimmick since they're seemingly using the Batman/Mordor combat system, hell I wish the last Arkham Knight could've used it too.

well. I think nemesis system should be in EVERY game lol. but one thing I like that it's not there- because these enemies are just trash war boys and not army generals. and story-wise nemesis system was great because Talion was unkillable. I just don't see it here, unless used on story characters.

Thanks for letting me know. It sounds promising that they have actually shown it running. Something I'm a bit worried about with MGS, but we all know about Konami recently, so I'm hoping it's just them being ignorant rather than deceiving. I just need to get another game purchase past my wife, I'm sure she won't understand why I need two new games at the same time haha.

Lol, you sound exactly like me. I just buy what I want(as long as our bills are payed) and just let her complain about it later. Though she's seen my excitement for MGSV and Mad Max over the last month so she's a bit more understanding than normal. You should have seen her reaction when I told her I was buying a 980Ti. And then 3 months later when I bought an XB270HU monitor. It was hilarious.

VJ0TRao.gif

Lol, you sound exactly like me. I just buy what I want(as long as our bills are payed) and just let her complain about it later. Though she's seen my excitement for MGSV and Mad Max over the last month so she's a bit more understanding than normal. You should have seen her reaction when I told her I was buying a 980Ti. And then 3 months later when I bought an XB270HU monitor. It was hilarious.

I have a baby on the way. It's basically a nuke dropped on your favourite hobby. I'm still wiping the dust from my eyes and crawling through the rubble.

I have a baby on the way. It's basically a nuke dropped on your favourite hobby. I'm still wiping the dust from my eyes and crawling through the rubble.

Hahaha, I empathise. My wife and I have decided that kids just aren't in the books for us. I think that was the best decision for us, because you are right, a nuclear bomb on your social life and wallet. Congrats though man!

Hahaha, I empathise. My wife and I have decided that kids just aren't in the books for us. I think that was the best decision for us, because you are right, a nuclear bomb on your social life and wallet. Congrats though man!

Thanks!

I joke though, I really don't mind the sacrifices we're both having to make. It will be worth it in the end. Just trying to cram in as many games I can before the inevitable decline in my gaming time. Thankfully my wife is pretty understanding lol.

Dueck

Banned
I buy a lot of games, so when I have a good reason (in my mind) to cross one off my list, I jump at it. I've been a Road Warrior fan since I was probably too young to watch it...

Then came the "magnum opus, magnum opus magnum opus! Magnum opus?..." trailers and marketing. It's a really cheesy, dramatic name to begin with, but being assaulted by it constantly drove me further into the "don't buy" direction. Annoyed as I was by that, I watched some recent gameplay and it has that "B team" vibe, like DA2 while BioWare focused more on ME3. Comparing Mad Max to Just Cause 3 is night and day. Obviously the setting is different, but I'm talking more quality/content-wise.

I'm not closed minded to the point I have written it off, but my expectations aren't high right now and I'll need some deep feedback before I reconsider it. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, and have no intention of trying to convince others to agree with me... If anything, I hope I'm wrong and it's GotY :)

There are lots of things to like about it and I'm trying to stay up to date to convince myself to get excited again, ha ha!

Momentary

Banned
I think Mad Max might sell better than it reviews just because of the hangover of the excellent film.

Word is the game's kinda meh though

I've seen nothing but praise from people who've gotten their hands on it early.

As long as it's not a crap PC port like B:AK was I'm good. I only paid $27 bucks for it anyways.

Top Bottom