• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure 3: Shadow of the Hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddman

This rules. Get with it naysayers, Sonic Team is back and they ain't takin' no mess. This is their way of saying to Hell with your dissatisfaction with the series, it's still selling,

Want a Sonic-only game? No bitch, you're getting Shadow, and HE CARRIES A GUN. :lol

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Didn't Sega conduct an online survey asking gamers what they would like in the next Sonic game? ANyone still have a link to that?

GDGF

Soothsayer
Wario64 said:
Didn't Sega conduct an online survey asking gamers what they would like in the next Sonic game? ANyone still have a link to that?

Reminds me of the Penny Arcade with the BMX XXX Acclaim survey.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"Didn't Sega conduct an online survey asking gamers what they would like in the next Sonic game? ANyone still have a link to that?"

looks like Sega lost the link.....

Jonnyram

DCharlie said:
looks like Sega lost the link.....
Or some guy in their web department lost the data, so made up the results according to his or her ideas *cough cough I'd never do that*

Teddman

Wario64 said:
http://www.sega.com/survey/sonic2005/sonic_poll.php

sonic_poll_header_thanks2.jpg

AND NOW HERE'S THE GAME YOU CHOSE!!!

shadowgun.PNG

Maybe it will be a fun game but I doubt it, knowing its from Sonic Team. My question is why a gun? Why must Sonic Team be so resistant to just having a classic Sonic approach to an installment of the game? Sonic Team gets worse and worse with each 3D Sonic:

Sonic Adventure - Had the potential, was a lot of fun for Tails and Sonic
Sonic Adventure 2 - Sonic/Shadow's games were fun but everything else was awful
Sonic Heroes - Complete and utter crap

I hate to see how bad this one will be :(

Teddman

I hope it is really, really violent and you can blow the stuffing out of chaos.

If I can shoot Chaos with various firearms I will buy an extra copy of the game on principle.

Suerte

The only way they can make this game great is....

...... if the Chao's have guns too and you can kill the Chao's with guns and you can have sex with the Chao's.

Morts

Quick! Someone start a letter-writing campaign! If fans can even make news about saving a dismally-rated Star Trek series, we can get a gun taken out of a profitable video game series.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Teddman said:
I hope it is really, really violent and you can blow the stuffing out of chaos.

If I can shoot Chaos with various firearms I will buy an extra copy of the game on principle.

They should get the Gungrave team to work on it!!

Hotsuma

Shadow is a Mother F'N G! Throw in some songs by Jay-Z, 50, Three Six Mafia, Fat Joe, and Luda and this game will be tight!

Speevy

Banned
Why doesn't Sega just take this series back to 2D? It would be better than most platformers out there, and people would still buy it for the Sonic name.

Culex

Banned
Speevy said:
Why doesn't Sega just take this series back to 2D? It would be better than most platformers out there, and people would still buy it for the Sonic name.

Sega.

Teddman said:
This rules. Get with it naysayers, Sonic Team is back and they ain't takin' no mess. This is their way of saying to Hell with your dissatisfaction with the series, it's still selling,

Want a Sonic-only game? No bitch, you're getting Shadow, and HE CARRIES A GUN. :lol

:lol Yep, eat it folks, and watch this game still get its 2 mil worldwide. Shadow the mutherfucking G.

belgurdo

Banned
Speevy said:

'Sup Sonic Advance and probably Sonic DS

And it aint' like Heroes didn't sell or something. 1 million or so across platforms is pretty decent for a Sonic game

Wario64 said:

I remember being disappointed in the lack of a "None of the above, get your ass back to 2D muhfuggah!" option.

Teddman

Hotsuma said:
Shadow is a Mother F'N G! Throw in some songs by Jay-Z, 50, Three Six Mafia, Fat Joe, and Luda and this game will be tight!
I'm thinking title track by Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz, "What You Gon' Do?"

I hope it's really dark and incongruous in tone, like Hitman: Contracts meets Disneyland. I will laugh so hard. But seriously, this is great. They needed to do something to set Shadow apart from just being a palette-swapped Sonic. I don't know how I've played Sonic without long-range weaponry all these years actually.

belgurdo

Banned
Teddman said:
I'm thinking title track by Lil Jon and the Eastside Boyz, "What You Gon' Do?"

I hope it's really dark and incongruous in tone, like Hitman: Contracts meets Disneyland. I will laugh so hard. But seriously, this is great. They needed to do something to set Shadow apart from just being a palette-swapped Sonic. I don't know how I've played Sonic without long-range weaponry all these years actually.

To be honest, I was wondering why they didn't have a Tails game with the same mechanics instead (since he's supposed to be into robots and weaponry and shit)

Teddman

Yeah, seriously this is not _such_ a departure for the series. Tails & Eggman were into shooting anything that moved in Sonic Adventure 2. They used lasers, Shadow uses a Colt .45 or gets ill with the 9 mil, no big deal.

Quartet

i'm SICK of WANABE PLATFORMER that have shooting element. They need to bring back skill platform jumping.

If you want to shoot stuff that much at least bring the feature in a yoshi island kinda innovative way!!

Culex

Banned
That trailer made me cry. Not only does it look aweful, but having no Sonic and using a GUN is the most ridiculous idea ever!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
God... Don't even know what to make of that. On the one hand the old standard action/platforming seem great. Running along that sand bridge looked fantastic. However... the gun... Man the bulletholes in the 16-bit Sonic captures were laugh out loud funny.

We'll see. This is going to be an interesting E3.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok, Sega's given us Virtua Quest, now hedgehogs with guns ...

But Phantasy Star Universe is going to be alright, I mean they wouldn't mess that one up would they!

Would they?

<nervous twitch>

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
THE HELL

It made me laugh pretty hard though.

This is absolutely terrible but at the same time I'm not the least bit suprised. It's like a confirmation of what you already expected to happen. Still devastated but there's atleast closure knowing that the worst did in fact happen.

Electrii

Obviously no one here, or anywhere for that matter, thinks this is a good idea.
How could anyone at Sega think otherwise? I bet this trailer is some april fool's joke, and soon enough they'll announce the REAL next Sonic game.

....RIGHT??

Bob White

Fuck it. Throw in some radio stations and I'll be all over this shit.

I feel you, shadow! I'm full and ANGST too! Let's cut ourselves together!

Sega : We've made a terrible mistake.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
That video sucked for Sonic fans but at least the DMC fans are gonna get their dream Sonic game. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom