• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure 3: Shadow of the Hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
That video sucked for Sonic fans but at least the DMC fans are gonna get their dream Sonic game. :lol

Bitch, please. Don't insult DMC fans like that. They deserve much better.`

mj1108

Speevy said:
Why doesn't Sega just take this series back to 2D? It would be better than most platformers out there, and people would still buy it for the Sonic name.

They wouldn't do that with the chance the game might turn out good. They don't want that to happen ya know?

Spike

cool_dude_2049 said:
also for ps2

...and xbox.

Actually, they haven't announced any platforms yet, but I'm sure it'll be on all three. At least I hope so. Imagine the response if it was a Cube exclusive... :lol

Honestly, I hope that Sonic Team is disbanded once and for all. They haven't produced a title worth talking about since the Saturn days.

ge-man

I honestly thought this was a hoaxed when I first saw the thread hours ago. What the hell are they drinking/smoking at Sonic Team.

And why can't somebody make a straight forward platformer anymore?

shuri

Banned
exclusive description of the intro by a puzzle on-looker:

* dramatic music
<sonic> I've been saving animals from Dr Robotnick for more than a decade..
* black and white gameplay footage of sonic1-2-3 with cheap old stock filter
<sonic> I never got the recognition.
* footage of animal sprites manifesting, protesting around with 'TECHNOLOGY = GOOD' and 'SONIC HATES FUTURE', 'ROBOTNICK IS A NICE GUY'
<sonic> Tonight.. tonight everything will change

* LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR

- Footage of Evil Sonic gunning down fluffly animals with silenced uzis in bullet time

- Dramatic Explosions, limbs flying everywhere, footage of Sonic in a strip club shooting up the place (including naked bunny strippers)

- Sonic doing drugs, playing basketball with thugs while using street slang

- Final shot of Sonic smashing the head of a little rabbit with cute eyes on the pavement, blood splashes on the screen..

Fades out.. S3: SHADOW OF THE EDGEHOG

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
NEXT ON WHEN MAKING YOUR GAME "MATURE FOR THE MASSES" GOES WRONG...

shadowgun.PNG

sprsk

Amir0x said:
I would suggest that PSO proves his point.

But, diffrn't strokes...

wether or not you like pso, hes still forgetting about VF4 and VF4EVO. since the dreamcast died segas home stuff is pretty much non existant. Their arcade division is still making good games though, its just youll never find them outside of japan.

AntoneM

can you blame them? Sure it's terrible and the execution will suck but I'm sure the guys over at Sega/Sammy looked at the sales numbers for Jak and Ratchet & Clank and thought that they needed to get in on that action.

agun.JPG

Spike

sp0rsk said:
wether or not you like pso, hes still forgetting about VF4 and VF4EVO.

Read my post, I said Sonic Team not Sega.

And yes, I considered PSO when I made my point...

sprsk

the saddest thing about htis is, hes not even shooting an imaginary sonic world super plasma whatchamacallit gun. Its a dinky looking, poorly modeled, poorly textured reject handgun from the real world.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
sp0rsk said:
the saddest thing about htis is, hes not even shooting an imaginary sonic world super plasma whatchamacallit gun. Its a dinky looking, poorly modeled, poorly textured reject handgun from the real world.

That's what makes this funny! It screams April Fools

Docpan

LOL at that video.

Was it supposed to get me hyped? Because it just made me want to vomit.

Sega must've thought "Hey, it worked for Prince of Persia in sales, why not for us too?"

Fucking disgusting. You won't see me posting a "RIP" when Sega officially closes its doors for good. The sooner the better. Echh...

belgurdo

Banned
Teddman said:
Speak for yourself my friend. :)

I also like it, although it strikes me as a rather odd design decision. I just tend to not automatically hate every game idea I see, since I've enjoyed some really goofy shit (that in many cases shouldn't have worked but did) as of late

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
*Reads topic title* OH SHIT SWEET!!!!

The first inductee into the walk of game was Sega's classic mascot hero Sonic the Hedgehog. A seven-foot tall version of Sonic the Hedgehog took the stage to accept the award and then Sega rolled a video compilation of its Sonic series.

Nice!

Sega's Isuka-san then took the stage and revealed that a new Sonic game was in development. He said about the new title: "I want to thank you all very much for this honor. I'm happy about Sonic's success, but I'm even more excited about the future."

AWESOME!

Sega premiered the first footage of its new platformer Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Shadow of the Hedgehog. The title, which boasts impressive new graphics and more rollercoaster gameplay, is set for release for unspecified consoles during the holiday season of 2005.

I'm f'n STOKED! I love the SA series!

Shadow of the Hedgehog follows character Shadow on a new adventure.

....Wait wha?......

Armed with a gun

HUH?!

and the ability to speed and soar, the mascot can quickly zoom through levels, or stop in mid-air and shoot down opponents.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Anyone else has the feeling that with the way SEGA/SAMMNY conducts bussiness, now that the game includes guns, the Gamecube version will never see the light? :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BatiGOOOOOOL said:
Anyone else has the feeling that with the way SEGA/SAMMNY conducts bussiness, now that the game includes guns, the Gamecube version will never see the light? :p

Funny enough, the new trailer is the front page story on cube.ign.com

Spike

segatavis said:
Wow. Normally I have an opinion after seeing a game trailer. I have nothing right now... I'm feeling nothing.

Your avatar is just screaming to be animated with a couple of bullet holes and then a picture of Shadow...

Brannon

If this isn't an April Fool's joke, I'll eat okra.

If it turns out to be a decent game, I'll eat two plates of boiled okra back to back.

Acosta

errr, at risk of being unpopular I will say that I like the idea.

First, I like Shadow character, I said it before. I think is the best Sonic related character they have created (apart of Sonic himself).

Shadow episodes in SA 2 is the best Sonic 3D I have seen and this looks that it will have lot of it. I really like the idea over some odd mecanic like the Team one.

Have a gun... ok it looks odd but given it´s Shadow and not Sonic I don´t find it something SO wrong as I´m reading from some of you. In fact I´m all for a different way of attacking than the jump over enemies (that looking the trailer seems it´s still there, but at least it will have variety). If Sega wants this to create a "mature" images, I would say it´s wrong. But I have no reasons to think that way, I just think in mecanics and possibilities of gaming.

It´s not that I´m excited, but I like some the ideas I see here.

hahahahahahahahaha

ENTER THE SHADOWY WORLD

*blam blam blam blam*

OR IS HE?

*blam blam blam blam*

Wow. And people thought Mario getting a waterpack was bad? Just, wow.

You could only imagine the future.....

Soul Caliber 3 Shadow playable character

Nba Street vol 4 Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow. playable charactes (not tails though, bitch is too much of a pussy to play hoops)

its all about shadow!!!

/end sarcasm

Acosta

I think the gun thing it´s not by defect. Seeing the end of the trailer and the "hero or villain" thing I believe there are two versions of Shadow depending of your choose: the "good" one, without gun and with the classic movements and the "bad" one, with gun and "stop in the air to shot things in a cool way".

After this useless observation, the doom & gloom can keep on, have fun.

Just when Sonic Team had redeemed themselves with me by making the wonderfully quirky and fun 'Feel The Magic', they go ahead and manufacture this garbage. Why?! My childhood memories are being used as toilet paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom