• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania (8-15-2017, SEGA/Taxman/Headcannon/PagodaWest, PS4/XB1/PC/NX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silvawuff

The promised day has come at last, friends.

I'm really thrilled to see Christian Whitehead working on this! His remasters were amazing.

This is the first time I've been excited for a Sonic game in well over a decade!

This looks actually really amazing.
Hopefully Sega finally realized that old-school Sonic is best Sonic.

All I wonder is if there's a reason this won't come out on Wii U, Vita and 3DS?

RagnarokX

Speaking of the Advance trilogy, how the hell did Dimps fall from grace that badly? Advance 1 was terrific and even had accurate physics, 2 was good, 3 was gimmicky but alright, the Rush games were fun if a bit shallow (and introduced Blaze, who is pretty much my favourite Sonic character), but then Sonic 4 came along and holy shit that was a dumpster fire.

Advance 1 had the physics, but the level design and art were bland as hell.

Advanced 2 was the really beginning of their fall because the level design got even worse with every level becoming a super generic downhill race except for Music Plant Zone. Every boss is a running boss fight.

Advanced 3 was basically Knuckles Chaotix 2.

Rush had even worse level design. Bottom of the barrel bad. And the physics engine was so bad and infected other games like Sonic 4 and Sonic Generations.

They've just never been good at Sonic and it's been a downhill ride from the start.

Anth0ny

It's gonna come to NX. And it'll probably sell like shit on NX.

But sonic games will still come. For no logical reason, really.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Looking good. Will definitely pick this up day 1. Finally something to satiate my hunger for a more classic sonic game.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
well seeing 3D sonic's track record, it's near impossible for it to happen
Unleashed, Colours and Generations were amazing, as was the Sonic part of Sonic Adventure 2. Sonic Lost World, Sonic Adventure, Sonic Heroes and Sonic and the Secret Rings were also nice fun.

Is this all the huge Sonic Team ist working on for years? Has there been a comment whether the game will see a physical release?

KtmpdFo.gif

This is the best tittle screen i have seen in awhile, Hopefully 2017 will be a good year for Sonic.

Zubz

Banned
I'm surprised they hadn't just trusted Whitehead to make his own Classic Sonic game earlier, but that's the perfect way to do an anniversary game! The game looks beautiful; I can't wait to finally get my hands on this!

And for people worried about the NX, we don't officially even know the name of the system. I'm sure it'll be on there.

Tain

Trailer looks really nice and Taxman has certainly made a wonderful modern Sonic engine, but has he designed enough playable new stuff to assume he can carry an entire game's worth? Or have the other guys working on this?

Zubz

Banned
... And I lied! New trailer explicitly shows NX at the end. I guess we are missing out on Mania for no reason. That's pretty lame, honestly. I have no idea why it can't run Sonic Mania, but can run an actually-new HD game.

Escalario

Banned
So the new Sonic from the Sonic Team has NX in the plaftorm logos. Told ya people this would not come out on a Nintendo platform.

New002

I was never the biggest Sonic fan, but this does look really damn nice. I hope it delivers. It certainly seems like it will!

ZeroX03

Banned
So the new Sonic from the Sonic Team has NX in the plaftorm logos. Told ya people this would not come out on a Nintendo platform.

And you reasoning was third parties don't give a shit about Nintendo and wouldn't support them. You still look like a fool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom