• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania Delayed on PC - Now coming August 29th (free Sonic 1 for prepurchasers)

I'm not getting the PC version, but I have to say, being a PC gamer for years and years, this reasoning smells incredibly fishy and all too familiar to me.

I've noticed that more and more multi-platform games are releasing later on PC these days. I know performance optimization is usually the reason that developers give for the later release date, but could a secondary reason be to increase potential of sales on consoles as well as fighting the initial wave of piracy on PC?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Total shit delay this close to launch (how can they be having performance issues on PC for a Sega Saturn level game...) and even shittier "compensation" since that ROMs a thing they luzz around for free all the time.

Dunno whether I should wait, or Steam refund and get on PS4 now since everything will have been leaked and tweeted 20 times over by the fucking 29th.

Wow, that really sucks for PC players.

If I were a PC player I think I'd rather have it released on time and patched later. But I guess they're worried about GAF threads about it being released "unplayably broken".

yatesl

If I were a PC player I think I'd rather have it released on time and patched later. But I guess they're worried about GAF threads about it being released "unplayably broken".

No, they were worried about it showing up on torrent websites.

Broritos

I'm with you. It's not like the game won't be getting patched after release anyway. Granted we don't know the status of the PC build but even the most broken PC games can run without problems on select PC configurations. I'm willing play the lottery.

gelf

Had any review codes for the PC version been sent out I wonder. Reviewers sending feedback about a game breaking issue that somehow got missed in testing perhaps?

venomenon

Huge bummer. Might pass on it for the time being because I definitely want it on Steam but wanted to be done with it before Mario + Rabbids comes out.

Fularu

Banned
People are really up in arms about a 2 weeks delay?

And we want the gaming industry to be taken seriously...

In development, 2 weeks is incredibly minimal as far as delays go (and unforseen problems that can arise at the last minute)

Galang

Banned
They may as well have given nothing. I don't own Sonic 1, but I imagine most people interested in this already own it... Delay doesn't bother me though. It's only two weeks

RNG

Damn, that's a bummer. Gonna get it on PS4 then, don't want to wait until the 29th because I wanna dedicate my entire time to Yakuza: Kiwami during that week.

DD

I'm okay with the delay, these things happens. What I'm worried about is that they might do it to push some crap like Denuvo on it. This tweet got me worried.

If they push Denuvo on it, I'll cancel my preorder and get a refund.

HyGogg

Banned

You don't know the PC gaming audience. If it launches buggy, it'll get a tidal wave of negative reviews on Steam and seriously underperform even after they fix it.

Puruzi

Banned
I'm okay with the delay, these things happens. What I'm worried about is that they might do it to push some crap like Denuvo on it. This tweet got me worried.

If they push Denuvo on it, I'll cancel my preorder and get a refund.

4mny8kU.gif

Dario ff

Banned
My refund for the steam preorder went through just fine and I got the PS4 version instead. I'll get it cheaper later to complete my library, but it kinda sucks for the 4 people who received my Steam gifts tho. :p

I'm glad my Persona 5/Yakuza 0 machine is saving me from the two weeks delay at least.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I planned on grabbing this for Switch, but it sucks to hear the PC version was delayed so close to release. Free Sonic isn't much of a consolation.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Refunded because that rumble of DRM in the distance can fuck off. Will add it to PC library in a few years when its been cracked and like £1 in a Humble Bundle or sale.

too bad it isn't sonic 2. that game is miles better.

FExNaas.png

M.J. Doja

Banned
Groan! I was looking forward to an impulse buy in a few days. The wait will make it all the sweeter, I've been getting hyped for the music more than anything.

Ramune

I'm a bit annoyed since it was going to be a rare day off and REALLY wanted to play this using the Saturn USB controller (said controller doesn't work with PS4). I'm also the rare guy that doesn't have Sonic 1 on Steam, but I have that game on plenty of other platforms, so never bothered. But I guess it's a triple dip now. Ordered the Collectors Ed. for PC, pre-ordered the Steam version yesterday since the CE wouldn't come in on time.....now I have to get it for PS4. And wait for Grace Chen time......wonder what went wrong there......

Top Bottom