• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces 18.5 million PlayStation 4 consoles sold WW

tumblr_inline_n57mrvUEBo1sy66lj.gif

gat damn

Javin98

Banned
I predict the PS4 will hit 20 million next month with the release of The Order 1886 and it still has a decent chance to hit 40 million at the end of the year

Betty

Banned
That's pretty damn good.

I love how the console wars are so hard to predict, I was positive Nintendo would just straight up dominate with Xbox winning over PS again.

Hey Sony, you know what game would really benefit from such a rapidly growing userbase? Shenmue 3. Better get Sega on the phone.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Now Imagine where it would be if it had done the same scheme X1 had done

PS4 + 4 Games for $329.99-$349.99, hell throw in 1 year PS+, shit would be sold out

hohoXD123

Pretty damn impressive, makes you think what sales numbers would look like once the bigger exclusives release next year along with a price drop.

Software: 81.8 million.
Hardware: 18.5 million

Tie ratio: 4.42

What the hell?? That's an insanely good number. In the first few months it was 2.something against 3.something for XBone.

Goddamn, that's a freaking awesome job, Sony. Congratulations.

I'd be glad if anyone could make graphs comparing PS4 sales against PS2 and Wii.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Boom. Crazy sale numbers. I'll definitely be enjoying my PS4 as the exclusives roll out this year, first up being The Order and Bloodborne.

I remember just a year ago when small minded people here on neogaf said that the days of PS1 and PS2 era sales successes were over

fook....so they probably already shipped 20 million then since that's sold to consumers.

if Sony has the better marketing and game library this year, they can really take off. Momentum is still strong world-wide for the Ps4.

At this point, I just want Japan to make somewhat of a comeback. We will never get that 150 million PS2 era again, but I at least want to see JRPG's, Action titles, and fighters make somewhat of a comeback and something besides FF/DQ sell over a million copies on consoles.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Now Imagine where it would be if it had done the same scheme X1 had done

PS4 + 4 Games for $329.99-$349.99, hell throw in 1 year PS+, shit would be sold out

Except they didn't need to. There's no need for them to take a loss at this point when there is a 2:1 gap over the competition.

DevilFox

No 20? Fail. :D
It's crazy if we think that they did it without the big guys (GT, Uncharted, GoW etc.). I can see them at 32-35 next year, I'll be surprised if they do less.

Ape

Banned
slightly disappointing numbers since they didn't hit 20m but they still did great. not the best ever but these numbers show a very healthy market.

Darknight

I remember the time people were looking at the terrible 1st year WiiU sales and predicting PS4 (and Xbone) were gonna tank so bad, that consoles were dead and it was either mobile , handheld or PC only. Like Nintendo consoles are good ways to see how the market will play out....hehe.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Except they didn't need to. There's no need for them to take a loss at this point when there is a 2:1 gap over the competition.

I know that, being 1st gives you an advantage sales wise, it's just what if Sony went for the jugular right off the bat
Shit would be unreal to see

Top Bottom