• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony confirms PS4 Neo, [Cites smartphone cycle, waiting until enough games post E3]

No they don't have all the information they need. Why do you think Sony got all excited after that MS conference when they first announced the Xbox one launch price? Because it gave them a chance to react positively to MSs screw up instantly. They didn't know that was gonna happen, they found out at the conference.

They don't have super spies working for them. They get official info the same way we get it: when its announced, and they blew any chance of getting some more on Monday.

So, before Sony's Xbox One Conference reveal, Sony had a higher price and a completely different road map for the PS4 than what they launched with? Then just watched MS's conference, pulled up PowerPoint on their laptops, and just changed everything?

Its pretty awesome that a company can take years of research and design development, rip it up and change everything in 8 hours or so to present to the public.

What year is this?

Daft Punk

Banned
No they don't have all the information they need. Why do you think Sony got all excited after that MS conference when they first announced the Xbox one launch price? Because it gave them a chance to react positively to MSs screw up instantly. They didn't know that was gonna happen, they found out at the conference.

They don't have super spies working for them. They get official info the same way we get it: when its announced, and they blew any chance of getting some more on Monday.

Yup. You really are that naive. Also, history lesson. Sony got excited because they went into E3 2013 with $399 as their price point. They got excited after MS's conference because they came in higher instead of lower. The fact that you believe that Sony literally gets their information at the same time as us is delusional and misguided. I don't think anyone should listen to anything else you have to say on the subject until you at least educate yourself about the topic at hand.

Jln1221

Banned
You did and people called out how illogical it was, you got defensive. Saying things like "Sonygaf" and getting aggressive is not a way to get people to take you serious

Pretty sure no one can tell me whether or not an opinion/feeling I have is illogical but okay, didnt know you guys controlled peoples opinions as well, good to know. And I stopped posting that, I literally agreed with someone else who said the exact same thing as me and the pitchforks came out again. whadya know?

Jesus Christ, I can't express a concern in this thread?
Well, typically in a discussion people acknowledge the replies they get and then respond to those replies. You, on the other hand, just wait a few pages to parrot the same shit over and over while ignoring any counter arguments to your stance. You are free to express your concerns, but when people repeatedly point out why they're silly or invalid and you repeatedly ignore them, the concern angle no longer passes the sniff test.

They don't know everything the competition is doing, but is EXTREMELY naive to believe that they just as in the dark as we are about these things. Even more so when you add in the fact that they are using the same supplier(AMD) for their tech.

Probably yes, but dont you also think Sonys conference also probably changed a bit because of what was said at MSs conference? Like that lovely "how we share games on Playstation" video sony made? Wake up people. Sony react to information just like any other company.

Making a video and releasing it on YouTube after your conference based on what the competition is doing, is nothing like your previous statement of Sony watching a conference, ripping up their PS4 road map, changing everything, changing your message, your presentation slides, then having everything rehearsed and ready to go in like 8 hours all because of what the competition was doing.

Fdkn

People need to drop that fancy idea of Sony changing their plans because there is a rumour about Microsoft doing whatever.

TsuWave

Probably yes, but dont you also think Sonys conference also probably changed a bit because of what was said at MSs conference? Like that lovely "how we share games on Playstation" video sony made? Wake up people. Sony react to information just like any other company.

best part about this post is the "wake up people". that video probably took 5 minutes to make. long-term strategy like pricing does not get decided in the same manner.

Qurupeke

Finally they confirmed it. It ruined my intentions of buying a PS4, because I wasn't sure what it was and when it would be out, though in the end I gave in anyway. At least now we can be sure it exists, it's a product that goes along with the old PS4 and that it will take some time to be shown or be released.

Jln1221

Banned
Well, typically in a discussion people acknowledge the replies they get and then respond to those replies. You, on the other hand, just wait a few pages to parrot the same shit over and over while ignoring any counter arguments to your stance. You are free to express your concerns, but when people repeatedly point out why they're silly or invalid and you repeatedly ignore them, the concern angle no longer passes the sniff test.

Dude, I literally said I wasn't hyped for E3 because I know everything being shown will play better on new hardware I don't have. How is that illogical? I am not having an argument that literally ended 10 pages ago.

If we've not heard anything by then it's totally 2017. In which case play FF15 immediately! Good luck trying to hold off to 2017 to play it lol.

lol yeah, that's my thought; I'm scheduling 9/30 off work. If there's a last minute announcement that Neo is coming out in December or something then I'll have a tough choice and might decide to wait for the premium experience, but otherwise fuck it - I've waited 10 years, I just want to play the damn game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
People need to drop that fancy idea of Sony changing their plans because there is a rumour about Microsoft doing whatever.

It is getting really obtuse at this point.

they heard about them flippy floppys and got scared

image.png

Poor Sony! :,(

Dude, I literally said I wasn't hyped for E3 because I know everything being shown will play better on new hardware I don't have. How is that illogical? I am not having an argument that literally ended 10 pages ago.

I give you credit for being honest about that. Some on here tuck that one behind a wall of mental gymnastics and goalpost reasons.

How do you get excited for all the games that run much better on PC then? It only becomes a problem when you don't have best specs within the same family of products?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Yep. I agree.

It so obvious that's what they did that we shouldn't consider it a rumour.

The reason I think this is because:

The rumours stated it would be out fall of this year.
It suits my MS fan boy view of Sony

rjinaz

Pretty sure no one can tell me whether or not an opinion/feeling I have is illogical but okay, didnt know you guys controlled peoples opinions as well, good to know. And I stopped posting that, I literally agreed with someone else who said the exact same thing as me and the pitchforks came out again. whadya know?

Actually people can. If I were to say I was going to be the next president, not Hillary or Trump, people could call my opinion illogical, and they would be right. Nobody is controlling your opinions by disagreeing with them. People are telling you they don't agree but you keep insisting you are right and don't seem to want to stop until people agree with you.

I feel your pain. I never had a gaming pc either. But, I still manage to enjoy e3 because there are always games I want to play even if they look better for others.

]Pretty sure no one can tell me whether or not an opinion/feeling I have is illogical[/B] but okay, didnt know you guys controlled peoples opinions as well, good to know. And I stopped posting that, I literally agreed with someone else who said the exact same thing as me and the pitchforks came out again. whadya know?

I have a feeling the earth is flat.....Nobody is controlling anything you post a statement people are entitled and will disagree. You have not done anything to really backup your points except repeat them and insult gaf.

Jln1221

Banned
Actually people can. If I were to say I was going to be the next president, not Hillary or Trump, people could call my opinion illogical, and they would be right. Nobody is controlling your opinions by disagreeing with them. People are telling you they don't agree but you keep insisting you are right and don't seem to want to stop until people agree with you.

Literally, not even close to me saying I'm not hyped for E3. Are you the hype police? lmao. Pretty sure you can't tell me whether I'm hyped or not. This is so silly.

best part about this post is the "wake up people". that video probably took 5 minutes to make. long-term strategy like pricing does not get decided in the same manner.

Im not talking about price, im talking abut the strategy, the vision, the requirements of their new console. Theyll know absolutely nothing about it now cause they gave them no incentive to even talk about it.

Averon

People still think Sony changed the price of the PS4 at the last minute in response to MS? The notion is so ridiculous that I cannot believe that people take that seriously.

rjinaz

Literally, not even close to me saying I'm not hyped for E3. Are you the hype police? lmao. Pretty sure you can't tell me whether I'm hyped or not. This is so silly.

I wasn't talking about you being hyped for e3. Is that what you are arguing with people about? Whether you are hyped for e3 or not and people are telling you that you ARE? Must have missed all that.

geordiemp

Try being nice, you might enjoy it around here.

Read back to yourself what you posted the past few pages...

Jln1221

Banned
I wasn't talking about you being hyped for e3. Is that what you are arguing with people about? Whether you are hyped for e3 or not and people are telling you that you ARE? Must have missed all that.

Exactly. People literally telling me I'm wrong for being concerned. All day.

He clarified it today with his red or blue comment. There was no reason to reiterate that statement again months later in response to these latest developments if they were locked in as you say.

House said that improved game performance and support for 4k media are the main reasons for thus upgrade. Time to accept the reality of tiered console gaming. No one should be in denial any more.

What exactly did he mean with that red or blue comment.

Daft Punk

Banned
Im not talking about price, im talking abut the strategy, the vision, the requirements of their new console. Theyll know absolutely nothing about it now cause they gave them no incentive to even talk about it.

Once again, you are looking foolish because Sony knows more internally about what is going on with Neo and Scorpio than you do. However you think that Sony is just like you, sitting behind a computer waiting for any little bit of information to leak so they can react to it. That kind of thinking is asinine and is the reason nobody is taking you seriously.

TrackZ

The comparison to the phone market as an excuse for consoles to have biennial upgrades from now on is stupid. I use my phone to text, make calls, and browse the internet, not to play games. So the power of the phone means almost nothing to me. The whole fucking point of getting a console instead of PC gaming is not having to worry about the constant upgrades. You get one piece of hardware that will give you a standard, universal level of performance for 5-7 years.

Who wants the same level of performance for that long anymore? Technology moves too fast.

Best case scenario, a low console at $299. High end at $499. Two year refresh cycles. High becomes low when the new high model comes out. Previous low goes away.

As long as high is pushing the envelope each time, it's great. That's likely good enough to not bother with a PC. Just update every two years. Games maintain compatibility for 3 cycles before a console goes unsupported for new titles.

I'd be a day one buyer every two years. Getting consistent upgrades. The convenience of consoles. And not that expensive. You're taking a few hundred every other year to update after selling your previous model.

If you don't have the money to keep up, so be it. Buy a console every 6 years and be happy with what you can afford. No different than having one console sit on the market for a full 6 year cycle like before.

Once again, you are looking foolish because Sony knows more internally about what is going on with Neo and Scorpio than you do. However you think that Sony is just like you, sitting behind a computer waiting for any little bit of information to leak so they can react to it. That kind of thinking is asinine and is the reason nobody is taking you seriously.

Prove to me that sony knows any of that.

Expected that it wouldn't be at E3. If it releases at the end of the year, they'll wait for something like gamescom or TGS since they don't want the sales of the normal PS4 to tank over a long period of time.

This.

It's all about maintaining sales on the old units as long as possible. I'm actually OK with this since I'm in no hurry for the NEO myself. I'll most likely only bother upgrading one of my PS4s if there's a kick ass trade-in offer somewhere. Otherwise I'll sit tight and wait for things to settle in after we see Scorpio next year.

Top Bottom