• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

I just want to caution GAF before diving into the deep end.

1. Keep the hype in check.

PSX was a nightmare because the hype reached levels never seen before on GAF, and in a blaze of glory - fell through the floor. It was an awesome event that was blighted because a lot of people were expecting a Shenmue 3, Crash Bandicoot, and FFVII remake. You owe it to yourself to dial the "Hype" notch back down to sanity.

2. !?The Last Guardian showing up!? We've heard this before every major conference in the last two years. I'm not a glutton for punishment- so I will not expect this game to show up this year or any year- EVER. If it does? Awesome. If it doesn't? Well you never expected it, so it never bothered you in the first place.

3. I would appreciate it if the 'real' insiders kept information to themselves. It'll be fun if we don't know anything before hand. Speculation is half the fun ^_^.

Stampy

He could just been trolling around is my guess if the game does show.

Sometimes I really don't know what to think of Verendus's posts. Here in this post he hypes Gamescom.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161526157&postcount=1409

I mean it's ok not to know things, but sometimes I have a feeling like we cannot always trust his info if he trolls us half the time (that's the same thing like a new junior flat out telling lies and making up stuff out of his arse, what's the difference?). ntkernel seemed like a much better insider, while Verendus sometimes seems like he is just fucking with us and doesn't want to get in trouble with revealing anything meaningful. :/

PSX was a nightmare because the hype reached levels never seen before on GAF, and in a blaze of glory - fell through the floor. It was an awesome event that was blighted because a lot of people were expecting a Shenmue 3, Crash Bandicoot, and FFVII remake. You owe it to yourself to dial the "Hype" notch back down to sanity.

2. !?The Last Guardian showing up!? We've heard this before every major conference in the last two years. I'm not a glutton for punishment- so I will not expect this game to show up this year or any year- EVER. If it does? Awesome. If it doesn't? Well you never expected it, so it never bothered you in the first place.

3. I would appreciate it if the 'real' insiders kept information to themselves. It'll be fun if we don't know anything before hand. Speculation is half the fun ^_^.
I'm totally expecting some boring thing like powers or wonderbook.
I guess project morpheus will fill this gap.

delSai

The bird is right. This cant be said enough. Getting too hyped = disappointment. Better go into it expecting nothing.

The bird is right. This cant be said enough. Getting too hyped = disappointment. Better go into it expecting nothing.

My golden rules for all conferences:
- Be super hyped
- Have zero expectations.
- Treat GAF reactions as a live-comedy show.

No disappointment. ;)

hemo memo

Gold Member

+

I don't believe that TLG is not in E3 this year Verendus! #TEAMREAL

Are you sure? I told people not to expect it at PSX but they got their hopes up, and cried about it later then. My advice is for your benefit. Just forget it. If it ever shows up, then there'll be something to be happy about. If it doesn't, then it's not like you had any expectations. TLG is like a shadow that is trying its best to kill excitement for everything else. You need to elminate that shadow.

hesido

Sony E3 Conference 2015:

Uncharted 4 gameplay
Guerilla RPG target renders
Media Molecule Tease
No Man's Sky
The Witness in a montage
The Last Guardian (just a logo to fuck with us)
Reveal 3 unannounced games, 1 of which will never materialize, 1 will be released for PS5.

Blobbers

xvX5KJA.jpg

delSai

My golden rules for all conferences:
- Be super hyped
- Have zero expectations.
- Treat GAF reactions as a live-comedy show.

No disappointment. ;)

That sounds like something people should keep in mind. Getting hyped is fun but if it turns into PSX kind of hype where some start believing that FF7 Remake and Shenmue 3 are happening, i can guarantee you will end up disappointed.

Javin98

Banned
Honestly, I think it's fine to let your hype reach insane levels as long as you keep your expectations in check. It's probably why I didn't get disappointed at PSX.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
We should complement the hype train with a post-E3 disappointment train.

JvqzWgP.jpg

ZarKryn7

WorthyEdge had said that Dragon's Dogma 2 would be announced during PSX...

People need to understand that sometimes insiders get information on things that are PLANNED to be announced in a event. Doesn't mean it will be locked in firmly to be executed.

So maybe Zoetis is telling the truth. But he can't dictate how the conference will be played out at the end.

Same with Worthy. Dogma was planned for PSX, but was revealed later.

labaronx

If its 2 hours plus again:

1st hour
16 minutes on sales, plus, ps now, ps vue powers season 2
10 minutes 3rd party
7 minutes 3rd party
7 minutes 3rd party
7 minute 3rd party
8 minutes of nba 2k16
3 minute indie reel

8 minute Morpheus demo and reel
10 minutes Uncharted 4
10 minutes ps4 exclusive
10 minutes ps4 exclusice
3 minute ps4 games trailer
3 minutes suprise featue firmeware
3 minute suprise

I'm pretty much the same, though I can't stand some of the ridiculous hyperbole in E3 threads. It gets pretty embarrassing at times.

Some can't help it. The fall from the highs of hype can make people do terrible things. The meltdowns will be delicious.

I assume we will see plenty of rpgs and hopefully a sci-fi game of some sort. That'd please me greatly

KoopaTheCasual

XII HD was basically confirmed by Verendus. It just a matter of when and which platforms.
So were a lot of the things I've left off my expectation list. Just because things are very likely to appear, I don't expect them to be there, until a publisher comes out and says it'll be there (FFXV trailer), or it's appearance has already been pushed way back (Horizon).

Like I said, this keeps my expectations at the floor, so that literally every announcement is a pleasant surprise. It's great.

Somebody says one little thing about TLG and

tumblr_mn4p7ckqcg1sreq5lo1_500.gif
It's the great one.

It's hard NOT to get excited about Sony's conferences though, they have a ton of stuff to show, we KNOW these games are in development, and it's just a matter of how much is the PS team willing to wow fans. I dunno 2015, I'd be kinda pissed if Sony didn't do a A+ show, most of this stuff has to be coming between 2015-2016 now, there's no more reason to really hold things back. Movie hype starts even further than a year out. And I'd rather they save the smaller more unique games that forum guys are into for PSX and Paris show. E3 is for the "Avenger" type of announcement.

There was a reason I was ignoring this thread. I jump in just to see the latest " speculation " just to see an nuclear bomb explode 20 pages back with the shockwave still rippling through these latest pages.

I've had a feeling TLG would be either at this year's E3 or TGS. Seems like Sony is pulling the trigger on it at E3? Makes sense, as Shadow of the Colossus did great numbers over here and has a huge following ( obviously ).

Why do I keep having this gut feeling that Hideo Kojima is a part of the Sony family now? Or atleast has been scooped up in some form and will be working with Sony? He has a long and storied history with Sony and is at almost every conference ( save that very awkward MGSV reveal at MGS conference ) of Sony's. We'll see, but ... just have a funny gut feeling there. Too early to have an actual project underway that could be shown, but just trotting him out on stage and talking about working with renewed vigor and freedom would get people giddy.

Strong Japanese Presence = Sega's exclusives? Capcom Exclusives ( Deep Down, Dragons Dogma Online, SFV )? Level 5 JRPG ( Ni No Kuni 2 or what I wish for, Dark Cloud 3 )? Persona 5? More?

And then a game that will make people forget about Halo? With GopherD's hint before about " lots of hats ", could Sony have nailed timed exclusive for Mass Effect 4? Or another space project that has been kept under wraps?

Who knows. As I said before, speculation is fun. Full blown leaks are a bit of a pain in the ass.

BadWolf

Why do I keep having this gut feeling that Hideo Kojima is a part of the Sony family now? Or atleast has been scooped up in some form and will be working with Sony? He has a long and storied history with Sony and is at almost every conference ( save that very awkward MGSV reveal at MGS conference ) of Sony's. We'll see, but ... just have a funny gut feeling there. Too early to have an actual project underway that could be shown, but just trotting him out on stage and talking about working with renewed vigor and freedom would get people giddy.

He might very well end up at Sony but we probably won't hear anything till next year at the earliest, since he is leaving Konami only at the end of 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom