• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thuway

In terms of exclusive content this is what I'm expecting:

Unnanounced First Party E3 announcements:

1. Horizon. Possibly game of the show and a new standard for ingame visuals. Narrative chops from the writer of Fall Out: New Vegas, tech from Guerilla Games, and an incredible never before seen art direction.

2. Sony Bend's Game. This was mentioned by Shu Yoshida and described as "Panic!" at the PlayStation Launch Event with Keighley on Spike TV. The last game they made was many moons ago on the Vita. It'll be nice to see what they can on the PS4.

3. Quantic Dream's new project. These guys have sporadically shown up at the PS4 unveil and the following E3 2013. It's no secret Sony has a close relationship with them and it's been quite a few years since the release of Beyond: Two Souls.

-- This makes three unannounced games. That's a damn good number and something that would keep us all talking for a minute. Also- from what we know/seen:

4. Uncharted 4- I expect this to be the first game shown. I'm sure they'll choose a level which will be a both a technical and marvelous set piece. E3 2009 building collapse flashbacks ya'll.

5-10. Rime, WiLd, Until Dawn, Hellblade, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: Will all have two minute trailers and release dates.

11. No Man's Sky will be dated and shown alongside Morpheus.
----

New 2nd Party Partnerships:

12. Ratchet and Clank will finally be shown off. It will melt faces and be a nice counter offer to whatever new IP Rare is offering.
13. Capcom will show an updated build of Street Fighter V.
14. Level 5 wil show off their unannounced game- Ni No Kuni 2, and possibly a Ni No Kuni PS4 HD Remaster.
15. Square Enix will have one notable announcement, possibly related to Star Ocean PS4.
16. Persona 5 will be dated from North America.

This is an awesome conference and we haven't even talked about third party stuff yet. I think this is a sane estimation of what to expect. Bring on E3 2015.

We should complement the hype train with a post-E3 disappointment train.

JvqzWgP.jpg

When has E3 ever disappointed?

My man

I just want to caution GAF before diving into the deep end.

1. Keep the hype in check.

PSX was a nightmare because the hype reached levels never seen before on GAF, and in a blaze of glory - fell through the floor. It was an awesome event that was blighted because a lot of people were expecting a Shenmue 3, Crash Bandicoot, and FFVII remake. You owe it to yourself to dial the "Hype" notch back down to sanity.

2. !?The Last Guardian showing up!? We've heard this before every major conference in the last two years. I'm not a glutton for punishment- so I will not expect this game to show up this year or any year- EVER. If it does? Awesome. If it doesn't? Well you never expected it, so it never bothered you in the first place.

3. I would appreciate it if the 'real' insiders kept information to themselves. It'll be fun if we don't know anything before hand. Speculation is half the fun ^_^.

Or: Get hyped anyway, because it's all part of the E3 fun, but also understand that E3 doesn't ever reach anywhere near our expectations, but it's still great.

On the last one I agree, I like surprises. Shut up, insiders

My golden rules for all conferences:
- Be super hyped
- Have zero expectations.
- Treat GAF reactions as a live-comedy show.

No disappointment. ;)

Yeah, this.

I want to see more of that Sorceror demo stuff from last year. As for Sony trying to kill the Halo5 hype not sure how they can do it unless a price drop and a game exclusivity can do that.

In terms of exclusive content this is what I'm expecting:

Unnanounced First Party E3 announcements:

1. Horizon. Possibly game of the show and a new standard for ingame visuals. Narrative chops from the writer of Fall Out: New Vegas, tech from Guerilla Games, and an incredible never before seen art direction.

2. Sony Bend's Game. This was mentioned by Shu Yoshida and described as "Panic!" at the PlayStation Launch Event with Keighley on Spike TV. The last game they made was many moons ago on the Vita. It'll be nice to see what they can on the PS4.

3. Quantic Dream's new project. These guys have sporadically shown up at the PS4 unveil and the following E3 2013. It's no secret Sony has a close relationship with them and it's been quite a few years since the release of Beyond: Two Souls.

-- This makes three unannounced games. That's a damn good number and something that would keep us all talking for a minute. Also- from what we know/seen:

4. Uncharted 4- I expect this to be the first game shown. I'm sure they'll choose a level which will be a both a technical and marvelous set piece. E3 2009 building collapse flashbacks ya'll.

5-10. Rime, WiLd, Until Dawn, Hellblade, and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture: Will all have two minute trailers and release dates.

11. No Man's Sky will be dated and shown alongside Morpheus.
----

New 2nd Party Partnerships:

12. Ratchet and Clank will finally be shown off. It will melt faces and be a nice counter offer to whatever new IP Rare is offering.
13. Capcom will show an updated build of Street Fighter V.
14. Level 5 wil show off their unannounced game- Ni No Kuni 2, and possibly a Ni No Kuni PS4 HD Remaster.
15. Square Enix will have one notable announcement, possibly related to Star Ocean PS4.
16. Persona 5 will be dated from North America.

This is an awesome conference and we haven't even talked about third party stuff yet. I think this is a sane estimation of what to expect. Bring on E3 2015.

Not too far fetched, though I expect Singularity (or whatever QD's game will be called) at the Paris show. My guess is a teaser for God of War. Won't have gameplay, but will tease a new setting. Media Molecule's game is the wildcard.

I thought PSX was great but I just kind of assumed that people on GAF didn't actually fall into the hype train so easily.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if something like PSX ended up being a disappointment to you, with all of the various announcements for the variety of PlayStation fans, you might wanna dial back on hype just a tad bit. It's not really gonna get much better then last Gamescom/PSX.

Yakuza 5, UC4 demo, SFV...

The only way to counter Halo 5 fall release hype is with an equal "big gun" announcement from Sony's side.And since it's confirmed to release this fall, that means that Sony's "big gun" announcement has to release at the same time period...

In other words the only way for Sony to beat Halo 5 hype is a moneyhated exclusive announcement from an established franchise around that time frame. Morpheus is supposed to release in '16, so that doesn't count.

lol, not really

thuway

I think it's a silly notion to think Sony plans their E3 announcements to counter Microsoft's E3 announcements. Showing off something that's REAL and READY is far more important than announcing things for the sake of announcing things. Just look at what happened to Microsoft with Scalebound and Crackdown 3. I highly doubt these megacorporations are playing systemwars with their announcements.

That said I highly doubt any one will be able to stop the Halo 5 hype train or the Uncharted 4 hype train. Those are two juggernauts you cannot stop no matter what you announce. Sorry Shenmue 3 :(.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
The only way to counter Halo 5 fall release hype is with an equal "big gun" announcement from Sony's side.And since it's confirmed to release this fall, that means that Sony's "big gun" announcement has to release at the same time period...

Three months exclusivity for Call of Duty. :p

I don't think that they have any game that could kill Halo's hype in the category of MP games.

No Mans Sky is a shoe in for VR but that team is under enough stress as it is just to get that ambitious project out the door for this holiday season. There is 0 chance they are also able to create a VR version unless they handed the project to a team within Sony to have them take care of it.

Maybe they announce a VR version but show nothing and then work on it post release of the main title or something. But yeah, no doubt No Mans Sky almost looks like it could have been built from the ground up with VR in mind. First Person view only. Space exploration. A very strong focus on exploration and going into the planets oceans and caves and whatnot. Would be a very engrossing experience on a VR device.

Dusky

And i would even say the year before. The only thing i would call a highlight from that was Jack stomping on the Xbox policies.

Agreed.

Last year was slightly better on the games front. Nintendo overall was pretty good, MS a somewhat decent showing. That's it.

thuway

I wont even be mad if the last guardian isnt there, but i really hope that "strong Japanese presence" is true.

Gimme my Nippon games.

Nippon Ichi is not something I'd expect from this show. Think more along the lines of a Namco Bandai, Sega, Capcom, Square Enix. ^_^

Agreed.

Last year was slightly better on the games front. Nintendo overall was pretty good, MS a somewhat decent showing. That's it.

The only reason's last year's better on games than 2013 is because the PS4 Feb event was practically their real E3 event, as far as announcements go.

Which is a reflection of Sony's splits in terms of announcement strategy across 3-4 conferences a year.

The God

First party wise the only thing I see reducing Halo 5's hype is Gran Turismo 7, since Uncharted 4 has been delayed and GoW isn't coming any time soon. I don't see Sony moneyhatting something.

KAL2006

Banned
If Morpheus is supposed to release the first half of the year for 2016. Then this is the last E3 for Morpheus.

If so then shouldn't they show software.
Media Molecule New IP
Sony London Pack In Game (all those tech demoes)
No Man's Sky
Gran Turismo 7
Zindagi Move Game

These would be good potential announcements for Morpheus.

delSai

I feel Sony's big game for the fall will be the Uncharted trilogy, which might be a disappointment for some.

It would make sense tho. There are many who jumped from 360 to Ps4 and have never played an Uncharted game. And i would love to play thru the games again, and Multiplayer was alot of fun so that would take up alot of my time as well.

le-seb

I want to see more of that Sorceror demo stuff from last year.
This was just a tech demo, though (and it was shown at E3 2013, not last year), so there's not really a game coming from that.

What I'd really like to see someday is a game based off their previous Kara demo.
I don't think we'll see QD at this E3, they'll more likely show their new project during the PGW conference.
We could get this rumoured Beyond: Two Souls remaster, still.

I think even Sony would be conservative about announcing too many remasters at one event, don't you think?

If Uncharted Trilogy's really slated for an E3 announcement, I feel like that will be the only one for that conference.

AmanoBuff

This was just a tech demo, though (and it was shown at E3 2013, not last year), so there's not really a game coming from that.

What I'd really like to see someday is a game based off their previous Kara demo.
I don't think we'll see QD at this E3, they'll more likely show their new project during the PGW conference.

That Kara demo was amazing. I want to see an entire game done with that concept.

thuway

I feel Sony's big game for the fall will be the Uncharted trilogy, which might be a disappointment for some.

An Uncharted Trilogy would require a lot of work and monetary investment. I'd like to see Sony do something more than just remaster to 1080p/60FPS which is why I suspect it would be a smarter idea to release each game 1 by 1. The original Uncharted has quite a bit of issues- screen tearing (a bug that never went fixed), awful aliasing, and some pretty waxy faces. It would be cool to see a trilogy remaster, but I'll take them one by one if it means a higher quality remaster.

I'd really like to see each game released with a full legnth documentary with interviews, bonus scenes, and deleted stuff.

Blobbers

*show's almost at an end, still no halo killer*

"And one more thing."

Tood walks onto the stage

"quatro"

leaves

♪♫maybe, you'll think of me...♪♫

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom