• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

KoopaTheCasual

The Japanese game could be that rumored Final Fantasy emulator.
Was actually thinking about that, but would Sony Japan really want to put that head to head with FFXV, which will probably release in Japan late 2015-early 2016? Unless it's (the Sony Japan game) much further along than we thought and it's a mid-2015 game.

The God

Was actually thinking about that, but would Sony Japan really want to put that head to head with FFXV, which will probably release in Japan late 2015-early 2016? Unless it's (the Sony Japan game) much further along than we thought and it's a mid-2015 game.

I'm guessing FFXV is a mid 2016 game at the earliest. I wouldn't be surprised if the FF emulator was 2015 though. It seems like Sony is avoiding announcing games beyond next year.

I've been curious as to what the hell this could be ever since Verendus mentioned it. Never heard any other rumors about it so Sony must have it locked down tight. If it exists, that is. My guess would be that we'll see it at TGS and not Gamescom.

A major JRPG would likely be a TGS type announcement.

I'm hoping to see much more from The Witness, Shadow of the Beast, Hotline Miami 2, Rime, Uncharted 4 ( prob not ), Bloodborne, No Mans Sky, etc.

Going to be a solid show I think.

It should be ok as long as they're not coming out at the same month.

And the new FF emulator is obviously Legend of Dragoon reboot, with 2 planned sequels. No one can tell me otherwise until they unveil it.

Nesther

A major JRPG coming from Sonys internal studios doesn't necessarily need to be TGS bound. Sonys main market is now in the west, and stuff like FF is massive here (which is why XV was revealed at E3 etc.)

TGS is going to be full of third party exclusives, like Persona 5.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sony's not making a big budget JRPG. Guys, have you seen their output recently? Nobody can take risks anymore. I'd put money on it being a series of smaller projects or a Japanese take on a TPS.

jiggle

Sony's not making a big budget JRPG. Guys, have you seen their output recently? Nobody can take risks anymore. I'd put money on it being a series of smaller projects or a Japanese take on a TPS.
Ffviir is dependent on it!

Gamescon is more about playable demos right? So MS will have um quantum break and sony blood borne. After E3 being predictable and nothing really surprising barring no mans sky/ori (IMO), my expectations are low for this. Maybe TGS will be cool though.

Tempering our expectations are the best thing we can do.

Deadstar

We better hear from Singstar news. Sony announced it and has not shown anything. It's ridiculous. I want to know how many purchased songs and ps2/ps3 discs will work.

I think we will :); Even though they were really pushing Fuse last year, they also gave Into the Nexus some time to shine to :D.

I really hope we see gameplay of that, as I love the PS2 and PS3 games, so seeing Ratchet, Clank, Quark and everyone else on PS4 with many of the people behind the Future games finally coming back to the series.....it's going to be amazing man :).

I do wonder how the game is going to play, run and look though. The original Ratchet was a flat out pure platformer with weapons, while playing a big part, not enough to over step the very Spyro-like level layouts. With this Redux though, I wonder if they are going to have a mix of platforming/shooting (like in Going Commando), focus on platforming with a more athletic Ratchet (AC mixed with Ratchet Future?) or lots of shooting (like Up Your Arsenal too A Crack in Time)....

Either way this will be a great game and one of the reasons I pick up a PS4 next year :).

Oh man R&C was probably the game I replayed the most as a kid. So much fun. Like you said, the later games felt like the levels focused more on the combat than platforming (still so much fun) with side levels being more platforming focused like the moons.

This is a reimagining of the first game to tie it with the movie so I'm hoping its more like RC1.

Also Ratchet and Clank series sells in the millions. Its a surprisingly well known franchise and with the new user base PS4 has gotten maybe it could help the series even more.

GR2 (does it count as unannounced? Probably not).
Minna no Golf 7
Gran Turismo

My money's on Gran Turismo as I heard there's one coming to PS4 in Q1 2015.

I'm expecting Gravity Rush 2, and since Sony is putting so much importance on it, it has o be coming to the PS4.

Hot Shots seems to be more a TGS thing since its much bigger in JP.

I don't see GT simply because DC hasn't come out.

Didn't someone say it was a SCEJ title?

what if it's a new siren

Yes please (though aren't the Siren team now Team gravity)

Lucreto

If released in same timeframe as TLOU Remastered... yes. But I don't think that Uncharted Collection will be ready for 2015 deployment.

I think it is well into development and could be out in November to counter the Halo collection.

I also expect a small piece of Uncharted 4 gameplay at Gamescom but will leave one of the big set pieces until E3.

jwtsonga

there is no way uc4 will be show before the VGAs. I believe they aren't very far into development, and they are just rushing to get it made by Nov 2015, a target which they might not hit...

DieH@rd

Banned
And this assumption comes from where..?

His ass.

There was also reports that ND made much longer demo to be showed on this year's E3, but Sony showed only its intro. If they have more material ready, they could easily show it on Gamescom.

And VGA/VGX is probably dead. Last year Spike kicked them out, this year Viacom kicked Gametrailers out. Geoff can probably organize another show, but it will have even more ghetto production.

klee123

Whilst the FF series remains to be important to Sony, I don't think Sony would go out of the way to accommodate Square anymore, since the series is no longer to exclusive to Sony.

Philippo

I'm positive to UC4 being there in some form, from screens and details to a trailer or maybe even gameplay for realz.

Secret Japanese PS4 game i guess its from Siren team, so either a new entry in the saga or Gravity Rush (PS4/Vita, or maybe PS4 only as Shu once said they aren't too keen on using 1st party resources on the console).

Whilst the FF series remains to be important to Sony, I don't think Sony would go out of the way to accommodate Square anymore, since the series is no longer to exclusive to Sony.

Even if its not exclusive it still a massive franchise that sells a lot of Playstations. 85+% of sales will be on PS4 and thats a lot of systems.

In particular, FF is crucial to Playstation in Japan.

Now that I think about the chances of SCEJ making a FF-esque jrpg with such success are extremely low. The only other jrpg to stand up to it is KH which was made by SE as well and is in collaboration with Disney.

Nevertheless it would be very nice to have another jrpg on a bigger budget.

RulkezX

Last year was pretty great, but a lot of the games revealed haven't been seen since. Not expecting megatons anyway, U4 will be VGX and none of the other top studios will have new stuff ready.

Bloodborne playable / info blowout is fine with me.

Rojo

I doubt it the rumors here are that sony has 2 RPG's in the works one a FF killer and one not. The FF killer is still in the early days. I also recall Verendus said that some rpg that was announced wasn't part of those 2, someone know what im talking about could probably find that post.

zeromcd73

I doubt it the rumors here are that sony has 2 RPG's in the works one a FF killer and one not. The FF killer is still in the early days. I also recall Verendus said that some rpg that was announced wasn't part of those 2, someone know what im talking about could probably find that post.
This is it. It sounds to me like JRPG 1 was BloodBorne:

- 'Unannounced JRPG 1' (one I've mentioned before) will end up appearing. And I'm sure this has a good chance to melt the hardcore. It should be successful, at least, on the level of Infamous or Killzone maybe.

- 'Unannounced JRPG 2' will be SCE's second attempt at a big game emulating FF. If this comes to fruition, and is successful, then there is a franchise opportunity which can be exploited. Probably the most experimental project as if it bombs, then they'll never touch anything like it again. I don't think it will though. With the advent of FF15, KH3, and the announcement of FF16 sometime between 2014-2015, Japan gamers will be ready for this. The big question mark is whether they can translate some of that success to the West which will obviously be an aim.

klee123

Even if its not exclusive it still a massive franchise that sells a lot of Playstations. 85+% of sales will be on PS4 and thats a lot of systems.

In particular, FF is crucial to Playstation in Japan.

Now that I think about the chances of SCEJ making a FF-esque jrpg with such success are extremely low. The only other jrpg to stand up to it is KH which was made by SE as well and is in collaboration with Disney.

Nevertheless it would be very nice to have another jrpg on a bigger budget.

FF is crucial yes, but it's not enough for Sony especially when Square takes half a decade to release something.

Also, Square is not going to going to release a numbered FF on PS4 unless the userbase is there. Yet, Sony can't sell PS4s in Japan unless the games are there, so it's a horrible catch 22 situation. Thus, Sony has no choice but to develop titles themselves.

They already seem to have a winner in their hands with Bloodborne. If they do something along the lines of Legend of Dragoon again on the PS4, they could have another winner in their hands.

Kyoufu

His ass.

There was also reports that ND made much longer demo to be showed on this year's E3, but Sony showed only its intro. If they have more material ready, they could easily show it on Gamescom.

And VGA/VGX is probably dead. Last year Spike kicked them out, this year Viacom kicked Gametrailers out. Geoff can probably organize another show, but it will have even more ghetto production.

What I heard before E3 seems to go along with his "ass". Longer demo reports? Do tell. That would go against everything I heard.

JoshHood

No way. U4 premiere of live gameplay will 100% be on E3 2015 Sony keynote.

I'm not saying available in February. I'm saying, like Infamous 2/Uncharted 3, the code will come with The Order, and then probably go live to those people during E3 or something.

cebri.one

* Destiny trailer / gameplay
* The Order " "
* LBP 3
* Singstar PS4/Buzz PS4 (Plz, Sony, plzzz)
begging-cat.jpg

* Minecraft Vita Bundle
* Morpheus talk (brief)
* Indie title (Rime, Everybody's gone to the rapture...)
* Vita games (Sahid Ahmad part)
shahid_ahmad_take_my_money-87795.gif

* PES 2015 maybe there
* MM announcement

No chance of U4 showing here, i expect a new trailer at VGX and gameplay at E3 2015.

Sony is good to us. Instead of having E3 once a year they're basicly spacing it out to give us three E3s. E3, Gamescom and TGS is like three Christmasses a year! Bring on the games! :D

And this is why it's a good idea. If they have just thrown everything into E3, people would be moaning about the fact they are showing nothing new at Gamescom and TGS.

At E3 they would have had the best showing out of the three, had they not had that very poor slow bit in the middle, and it being at 3AM in the UK, meant that I wasn't really up for it. But on reflection they had the better selection of games than MS did.. just amazing how a slow middle can really damage the hype for a conference.

At least they have said they won't do that middle section again in the future :)

Personally I am still disappointed that we haven't had all the Yakuza games in the UK. I would really love a HD version of 1-5 on PS4.. cause at the moment, I don't have 1/2/5 on PS3..so don't actually feel like playing them until i can at least start from the beginning. :( - So hoping for something like that at TGS.

Top Bottom