• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony lists E3 games, explains God of War changes due to Europe

Boke1879

Pretty much every single change about god of war seems crappy to me

Seems it's for the best to me. It's still very much action based and brutal. Just more narrative driven.

The the game needed a change imo. The story has never been the strong point and the last GoW game didn't do so hot. This game is going to get a lot more interest.

kromeo

Hope this doesn't mean large amounts of forced walking and feels cutscenes though... I don't want God of War: Uncharted 4 edition

Deadstar

"And Singstar."
is Layden teasing a new game in this venerable franchise?! I hope so

The way Singstar has been treated is mind boggling. You have a template for a great karaoke game and you have a popular platform that allows people to stream what they are doing live. Singstar on PS4 could have been a beast but thanks to Sony, they ruined the game by removing past modes and simplifying an already simple experience.

All they need to do is bring the same game, with the same features as the ps3 version, to the ps4, then work it out so that ALL the songs I purchased on ps3 can be ported over. Allow people to use their phones to sing BUT also sell microphones for people who want a better experience.

Lunar15

I feel like it's too early for more Kojima fuckery, but god if there's one thing I want out of E3, it's Kojima fuckery.

Manu

While always popular in North America, past games in the series just didn't do it for players elsewhere.

Not true, GoW is really popular around he--

"It's a franchise that has historically acutely underperformed in Europe," Ryan says. "Hack and slash games tend to not do so well in Europe, so the narrative this time around will make a big difference. European gamers love narrative games. And Singstar."

Oh. Right. I forgot South America doesn't exist. Silly me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No.

Probably just a mention on a slide of "our magnificent partnerships with third party developers" or a quick snippet in a montage.

Rockstar doesn't need to waste their time with E3, RDR2 is gonna make 1 billion on launch regardless.

Well R* said we will get more details about RDR2 this summer, and now with that quote it's definitely possible we will see it at the sony presser.

silva1991

What a sad reason to change GoW formula.

I guess there is literally ZERO hope for Sony to fund a new IPs that are similar to GoW or other character action game in the future.

I don't want a strong narrative in God of War. I just want to brutally murder everything in my path. Why does the require a story? Hopefully it turns out good, but I'm not too excited about this new path for GoW.

Seems it's for the best to me. It's still very much action based and brutal. Just more narrative driven.

The the game needed a change imo. The story has never been the strong point and the last GoW game didn't do so hot. This game is going to get a lot more interest.
The last gow game didn't do so hot because it was basically a cash grabby spin-off at the end of the gen.

The fact that the people that seem most excited about the new direction are people who don't like the genre in the first place tells me all I need to know.

CazTGG

Big surprises?

56325_7_sony-patents-new-ps-vita-handheld.png

llien

I was enjoying GoW hack n slashin quite a lot, EU here.

I must admit, however, that violence and extreme violence in particular (Kratos does push it quite a bit) are seen as problem here (on the other hand, erotics/sex are not). In German version of Team Fortress dying opponents turn into... bolts and springs.

mas8705

An open world God of War game? Not too sure how to feel about that...

Mind you if it works, then kudos for them, but it kind of feels weird to look at a series like God of War and have the overall aspect of it change around as drastically as it is. Still, I'll go in with an open mind since the reveal was still great and for all we know, we might get to see more of the over the top action this year.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Wait the new God Of War is open world ? Gross. Sad to see one of my favorite franchises go that way.

GlamFM

Banned
Hello you! Thanks :)

This just reaffirms my hope for an RDR2 mention, though it might just literally be a mention, and nothing new.

I actually changed my opinion on that. Sony mentioning a partnership makes me at least optimistic we might actually see a new trailer.

The last gow game didn't do so hot because it was basically a cash grabby spin-off at the end of the gen.

The fact that the people that seem most excited about the new direction are people who don't like the genre in the first place tells me all I need to know.
I liked what it was before and I like what they are doing with it now.

Stike

Funny how they mention Singstar, yet they managed to royally fuck up the PS4 version with a worse UI and silly smartphone integration (who enjoys singing into their phone, let alone download an app if you just want to play something) and even closed the London studio behind the entire franchise. Yeah, Singstar is DEAD.

Mikey Jr.

Any Euros in here want to chime in on GOW?

Is it unpopular from your perspective? Why is that?

GOW not being popular in Europe comes as a surprise to me to be honest.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Wait the new God Of War is open world ? Gross. Sad to see one of my favorite franchises go that way.

Rest assured. The man behind the best God of War game yet is the lead behind the new GoW game.

The game couldn't be in better hands.

Spider-Vice

Neo Member
Interesting seeing Red Dead mentioned there, I mean, I guess if Sony does want to show it at E3, this has to be the one. I hope it's something and not just an acknowledgment on how they'll have a bundle next Spring and that the game is shaping up nicely.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sony will also be pushing its partnerships, "We have a Call of Duty partnership, a Destiny 2 partnership, Red Dead partnership with Take-Two and Star Wars with EA," says Ryan. While unwilling to specify the nature of these deals, it's likely we'll see trailer premieres at the very least.

I wonder how much this costs?

Top Bottom