• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony lists E3 games, explains God of War changes due to Europe

DOWN

Banned
Spider Man this fall would be godly but I'm guessing it will be their big February release of something

Griss

Damn, I'm a Euro, and I hate God of War and hack-n-slash games. I also love open world narrative games. Am I so transparent? So demographically average?

Well, I guess the good thing is that it seems like I might finally have a reason to play a God of War.

Most of those were expected to be there but confirming that we'll see more Spider-Man for PS4 has me excited. Hopefully something more than a snippet trailer

Any Euros in here want to chime in on GOW?

Is it unpopular from your perspective? Why is that?

GOW not being popular in Europe comes as a surprise to me to be honest.

UK here and God of War is awesome. Love me some narrative based games but not all games need.to follow suit. Confused by that statement tbh

Bl@de

GoW was unsuccesful in Europe? That's a surprise. Everyone I know with a PS3 has played the franchise and loved it. Hmm...

Pejo

What a sad reason to change GoW formula.

I guess there is literally ZERO hope for Sony to fund a new IPs that are similar to GoW or other character action game in the future.

Yea, this is one of my thoughts about the interview too. Ever since the reveal I've wondered why the core combat changed so much, now I have my answer.

I'm also really excited that Death Stranding is using Horizon's engine. First of all, so Kojima doesn't have to develop a new one like he did with Fox Engine. Also, it's going to look amazing for sure.

Elginer

tumblr_m6h9lv9czm1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

I don't get the comment about GOW. Wasn't it always pretty narrative focused? It's been awhile and all, but I thought the story aspect of the series was pretty important. Even if that third game shit all over the place.

I don't get the comment about GOW. Wasn't it always pretty narrative focused? It's been awhile and all, but I thought the story aspect of the series was pretty important. Even if that third game shit all over the place.
Definitely, especially 3. I don't know why some are acting like this is doing a 180 with the franchise.

Qvoth

spiderman trailer pretty much confirmed?
hoping for release window/date then
cod destiny2 rdr2 deal sounds pretty big if that's a marketing deal and not just timed exclusive stuff

Arkeband

Banned
If it's actual open world it will probably suffer for it, there's a big difference between open world and a game that includes some open world elements.

Cory has said multiple times it's not open world. It's wide linear, akin to TR.

Thank god. Anyone cheering for everything to be open world are literally what's wrong with gaming right now.

Tambini

Yeah but now during gameplay you can stop and press triangle to look at a happy family of ogres in the park with your son

Pretty much every single change about god of war seems crappy to me

Yep. People will try to tell you that you just want the same ole thing but it's possible to improve or revamp a series without changing its' genre. This new GOW is looking more and more like a genre shift unfortunately.

jett

D-Member
This is looking like a fairly predictable conference at the moment.

Oh yeah, I just realized we didn't officially know that God of War was open world.

I edited the title a bit.

Regarding GOW, I think the writer may have misspoken. I doubt it's open world in any way that matters.

Xando

Any Euros in here want to chime in on GOW?

Is it unpopular from your perspective? Why is that?

GOW not being popular in Europe comes as a surprise to me to be honest.

Only played one god of war (don't even know which one) and didn't like it.

New God of War has me atleast interested.

Marcel

God of War was already a simplified character action game and now they're going to make it even simpler?

Sure, whatever. Might as well make it impossible to die too so there's ultimately no challenge at all.

I really fear for God of War ending up like Uncharted 4 :(

But we will see. I still think they hide the true nature of the game which will (hopefully) be another violent tour de force. Still hoping for the child to die in the first our and Kratos going apeshit lol. But yeah, won't happen :(

Top Bottom