• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony stops shipments of PS Vita in the Netherlands

Justified

hqdefault.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's weird, there's the demand but sony says no, ok, but the article also says that other countries are still getting shipments, Netherlands is the only exception, why?

Saoshyant

I wish the memory card prices would finally crash, but if anything, they will likely stay the same and then slowly go up two years from now.

Occam

It's weird, there's the demand but sony says no, ok, but the article also says that other countries are still getting shipments, Netherlands is the only exception, why?

Obviously because the Dutch didn't appreciate Vita enough.

JamesAR15

It's a shame, I absolutely love my OG Vita and play it everyday at work. I think I may have to buy a 2000 model just to have a replacement on hand.

Heartfyre

When I was living abroad (in the Netherlands, coincidentally) the Vita was my primary gaming platform for a time, and in that capacity, it was a wonderful device. Played so much P4 Golden, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Shovel Knight, Hotline Miami 2, and many more games on it. Having played both the 1000 and the 2000, I found the latter to be the superior device for its greatly streamlined form factor and the lack of a yellow tint on the screen. It's sad to see it dwindle, but I'm so glad for what it has been. I'll still get many hours out of it yet.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Really hope NX has a matching dedicated handheld because proper handhelds with buttons are great for travel or when the girlfriend is sleeping or watching TV. I'd rather that they didn't all die off entirely.

The whole oft rumored dual development of the NX really appealed to me.

It was pretty obvious that the Vita was going to be EOL by Xmas 2016. Its had a good run but at this point its 4 years old. The only reason it being phased out is anyway significant is because we know it wont be getting a successor.

Suddenly i feel an urge to buy the Blue Vita 2000.

I've owned a 1000 since close to launch

My buddy is a manager at eb games here in Toronto, Canada.

He says that they have never sold a single blue vita slim. He still has his original stock.

I told him to let me know when they go on clearance :(

Clearly planning on revealing the Vita4k soon. Standard memory card Is 10Gb and additional storage will only cost you 4 easy payments of $49.99.

Think Sony are really making a mistake with this. Release a new SKU with a standard slot for an SD memory card throw in a couple of games and they'd sell shit loads. The Vita could well make a comeback but Sony yet again giving up on something that's not an immediate success. Disappointing.

It's 4 year old hardware. It's massively outdated, has zero momentum and is basically a non-facor outside of Japan. Nothing could make the thing sell imo. Just coast on what's left and then let it die.

Banned
I own a launch Vita and I love it. If I get spare money, I'll buy the revision Vita for safekeeping.

I originally bit the bullet on the Japanese value packs (red and blue with a 16gb card), then saw an OG value pack and had to grab it too. Japan gets all the cool colors.

Clearly planning on revealing the Vita4k soon. Standard memory card Is 10Gb and additional storage will only cost you 4 easy payments of $49.99.

Don't forget the new "Sony Price Plan" package so you can afford a 128gb memory card by making a down payment of your firstborn son, along with £499.

eFKac

Ehh Sony played it well, the slow phasing out meant that there weren't really any fire sales to get one cheap.

Played the Vita more then any handheld I have ever owned.

A shame the support, both from 3rd parties and from Sony wasnt really there. Plus the overpriced memory cards knee capping the system.

Great little indie machine / portable PS1.

Velkyn

Goodnight, sweet prince.

I'll still play the hell out of mine, since I have about 20-ish PSP and PS1 games installed. Kinda sad to not see any new games for it in the future, though. Absolutely don't regret my purchase.

roytheone

Sad to see it go :( it was a great handheld that suffered from a lack of support. So much potential we will never see realized :(

On a related note: please release the handheld NX this year Nintendo, I need a new handheld!

Top Bottom