• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: We Held PS4 Exclusives Back from E3 2017

Technically Guerrilla Games as well. I know they're working on the DLC but they have to be planning another game.

That's true, but I don't think they would be anywhere near ready to show something.

Sony Japan has like 5 teams, SSM works on multiple things as well.

Alot of stuff comes from Sony XDev as well.

Well we're getting Knack and SOTC from Japan Studios, but I guess you're right there's still a good amount out there that will be possible to show.

I read this as, "We'll have a better The Last of Us 2 trailer for PSX this year than we could've gotten together in time for E3".

Which is fine.

Shin

Banned
PSX is also at a better time for the rest of the world, getting harder to stay awake till 3-6am.

Offcourse they are, sony has a steady assembly line by now and theyre being properly funded.Theyre not in two minds about what theyre selling and they have plenty of external support.
We just need to keep in mind every conference isnt going to be stuff of dreams
So many people said this one was a dud, with tons of great exclusives, if this is a dud then im more than happy because it can only get better.

panda-zebra

Following Microsoft's presser lacking in anything new or exciting exclusives-wise, Sony were left with very little incentive to go shooting their load. We know there's certain questionmarks hanging over teams/studios/titles, but E3 2017 wasn't their time for the spotlight.

That we got a slew of meaty VR games, gameplay for the big titles we know about and a few actual surprises, plus a loaded pre-show, that was a good enough performance. I know people like to think the shows are planned well in advance and will be stuck to rigorously, but it's not massively surprising that they might have held back on a couple of weighty reveals feeling they had the breathing space. There's 3 big shows a year for Sony. So they chose to keep a few of their stars on the bench for a game they knew they couldn't lose? I can accept that, it's sensible. It's also infuriating as we like to watch the bombs drop.

KodaRuss

I think we all know this to be the case. They really were missing one big reveal. Shadow of the Colossus Remaster they probably thought was enough.

Loudninja

That's true, but I don't think they would be anywhere near ready to show something.

Well we're getting Knack and SOTC from Japan Studios, but I guess you're right there's still a good amount out there that will be possible to show.
No you are right We getting Everybodys Golf golf from them too lol they might be tied up. :p

johnny956

Not a lot of announcements.

Also it wasn't a conference. Someone pressed play on a video... that's it

People complain when they talk too much. I liked the style of this conference just not many new announcements except for VR games

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I think it was obvious. Maybe they felt they didn't have to come out full guns blazing because of how they felt MS's conference went. Either way, i'm sure there will be surprises at PSX.

I guess we'll get release dates by PSX for most of their titles and new stuff. I'm honestly surprised Andrew House wasn't at the show like usual and that it was short this time around.

tusken77

PSX is also at a better time for the rest of the world, getting harder to stay awake till 3-6am.

Also, being held in early December, the reveals and news that come out of the event generates positive buzz in the important run-up to Christmas.

Cornbread78

Does Insomniac still have that second team in NC? Are they working on my Resistance remaster with mixed MP modes/maps yet? Blue point looks busy, so it has to be them at this point. I want my RFoM trophies finally dammit.

JStev, just let the cat out of the bag already.

Lucifon

Seems like an obvious statement. Surely there's things everyone holds back from E3, they don't want to blow their entire load's in 1-2 hours.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I actually see that happening .. last year's PSX was just as big a Sony's E3 conference. Wouldn't be surprised if we see, among other things, first TLoU game play demos there this year.

TLOU2 should have closed E3 and Arkham Spiderman blowout should have closed PSX last year.
If these had been switched, Sony would have had a very different and more positive reaction to the whole show.

Same with that Death Stranding trailer from the game awards, absolutely wasted there.

4oM2TV3.png

So Dreams, Bloodborne 2, Demons Souls Remaster, Agent, Crash Racing, Savage Starlight, Deep Down=Dragons Dogma 2 and DMC5 all in December? GET HYPED!

Isn't this common sense/knowledge? I assume all the major pubs do the same. The only difference here is that Sony will show more at their own show and TGS, etc. than the others will.

Drackhorn

Main conference did seem quite short. I wonder if they cut some reveals last minute because MS didn't really show anything big either. My only question was why did they show so much in the pre-show. Things like Hidden Agenda, GT Sport, Ni No Kuni 2 could easily have made the main show.

I agree, they should have just one conference without a préshow.

Top Bottom